1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Even A Rookie Not Excited About Boston

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Every game this season I was on the game threads of Petey or Kirk. I even made a game thread myself.

When the Celts were bad, there were only a few of us left watching and posting here on game day.

So it's laughable if you question my loyalty to the Celtics.

So people that watch and post on game threads is CONGRUENT with them being loyal Celtic fans?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

This is being a loyal fan,  right?

Re: It's official, Fierce has lost the playoff bet.

posted at 4/15/2012 12:02 AM EDT

• JamezHill24
    • First: 9/28/2009
    • Last: 4/29/2013
    to clarify the terms of the bet, Fierce, in losing, will forfeit his rights to posting on the Boston.com forums for 5 months after the season ends. this means the end of the NBA season, NOT the Celtics season. Fierce is free to post throughout the playoffs. his posting rights end on midnight the night of the clinching Finals game.   sad to see u go, this board wont be the same w/o you, but..a deal is a deal, and i know you would have made me honor it had i lost.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

This is being a loyal fan,  right?

Re: It's official, Fierce has lost the playoff bet.

posted at 4/15/2012 12:02 AM EDT

• JamezHill24
    • First: 9/28/2009
    • Last: 4/29/2013

to clarify the terms of the bet, Fierce, in losing, will forfeit his rights to posting on the Boston.com forums for 5 months after the season ends. this means the end of the NBA season, NOT the Celtics season. Fierce is free to post throughout the playoffs. his posting rights end on midnight the night of the clinching Finals game.   sad to see u go, this board wont be the same w/o you, but..a deal is a deal, and i know you would have made me honor it had i lost.

Not sure what you're getting at. My bet with Jamez has nothing to do with my loyalty to the Celts and our current bet.

Most loyal fans don't go on for weeks about how bad the Celtics are and start betting they are not going to make the playoffs.  There was a lot more talked about at the time than just the playoffs.  You were going into detail of how they would lose the next few games,  couldn't beat this team or that team.  The usual barrage of posts to support your point.  Yes I would call that a loyal fan.  RFLOMAO

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Let him go play in Atl. where the average attendance is 2,500 a night (guess on my part)!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

1. I hope MC-W plays elsewhere.  He can't shoot and was overmatched in the tournament.  Like many kids in the Boston area, he wanted to go away for college.  Generally, Boston area kids are more cosmopolitan than say, the middle of nowhere or the South (not much difference).  They tend to stay in familiar sourroundings and don't like to leave.  Kids from NY, DC, Philadelphia, Chicago, and other larger northern tier cities have been more independent, curious, and self-confident, so they want to test themselves further.  I recruited students for a large university in Boston (coy alert) for many years in addition to my other duties, and the percentage of Boston area students was not significant.  So many times I heard the same thing, "I know Boston; I've like it, but I want to see what else is out there".  There is nothing wrong with that attitude.  Look at how many NY and NJ students are in Boston - Boston is a destination for them and satisfies their desire to go away to school.  What MC-W said does not indicate that he doesn't want to be in Boston; he's simply expressing a positive sense of independence, adventure, and curiosity.  This whole "no one wants to come to Boston" thing is absurd - the city's growth rate is the same as San Francisco, another desireable landing spot for people who can decide where they want to live and work.  Is ther any evidence that player who leave blame the city for anything?  Boston is long past the days when the Garden attendance was sparse because of a Black starting five.  Louise Day Hicks and "Dapper" O'Neil are still dead, and no one has come along to replace them.  Maybe living away form Bosotn for a while might engender a better perspective - try Sacremento or Memphis - they have franchises, but the local environments aren't even comparable to Cleveland or Milwaukee in what they have to offer, let alone Boston! Live elsewhere for a time, and then make an assessment.  LA and NY are unique, each has two teams, but not every NBA player can just choose to go there.  In any event, what mostly makes a location attractive is winning and a winning tradition.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I would think having Rondo on our team might make any PG tread carefully.  This guy will be gone.......we don't need another PG.................I'm not surprised he said it,   but I don't think it necessarily means BOS is a bad place to play!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

I would think having Rondo on our team might make any PG tread carefully.  This guy will be gone.......we don't need another PG.................I'm not surprised he said it,   but I don't think it necessarily means BOS is a bad place to play!

Boston is not a bad place to play, but it's also not as attractive as LA or NY.

Of course players would prefer Boston over the likes of Minny and Milwaukee.

Yes, but...  my point wasn't to compare NY, LA, Milw, or Sac to Boston, but it was to acknowledge that a number of posters talk about Boston as if it were poisonous in the eyes of free agents, and it isn't.  Also, the fact that local kid wants to play in less familiar sourroundings is quite normal.  I didn't think he was bashing Boston, just reflecting on the possibilities of being in new places.  Would he play here if given the chance, of course he would, but the chances are better that he won't, and he's embracing that.  He still can't shoot, and the Celtics need a shooter or shooters who can be depended upon to score when asked.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

But remember, there were reports that in this year's All-Star game, CP3 was recruiting KG to join the Clips. So CP3 wants to play with KG now when all he had to do, last season, was agree to sign an extension with the Celts and he would've been KG's teammate.

And Rondo was courting Josh Smith.  Players can always determine where they play let alone other players.  I CP wants to play with KG and KG is under contract in Boston, then either he comes here (not) or shuts up.  Maybe one day Chris Paul will be a general manager (or Cliff might be), but for now he has no control over KG's circumstances, just as Rondo has no control over Smith's.  A lot of players would rather play with KG than play against him.  The only apparent way this happens would be if KG is not true to his word and doesn't retire if PP doesn't returnnto the Celtics.

BTW, SA and MEM are getting away with a lot of suspect picks that would be called on KG.  Some of the moving picks involve sticking out legs or butts that are clear violations whereas when someone runs into a motionless Garnett because his other teammates let him, KG gets called because the guy falls down.  Boo-hoo.  A legal pick isn't illegal if the smaller player hits KG hard.  Typical.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I don't read your interpertation of the Carter-Wlliams quote the same as you.  He said he would be thrilled if the Celtics drafted him (which I hope we do!).  He's a young kid, who probably hasn't seen the world outside of the region and wants to expand his horizons and curiosity.  I see that as a good thing.  and disagree with your basic premise.  Players want to be part of a tradition and a great sports town...why do you think Garnett and Pierce and players of the past are so loyal.   

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I don't read your interpertation of the Carter-Wlliams quote the same as you.  He said he would be thrilled if the Celtics drafted him (which I hope we do!).  He's a young kid, who probably hasn't seen the world outside of the region and wants to expand his horizons and curiosity.  I see that as a good thing.  and disagree with your basic premise.  Players want to be part of a tradition and a great sports town...why do you think Garnett and Pierce and players of the past are so loyal.   

Pierce was acquired through the draft.

KG was acquired through trade.

The biggest big name free-agent the Celts got the last 3 decades was Dominique Wilkins.

Like I said, when was the last the Celts signed a guy like Shaq or Lebron James? 

But Boston did sign Shaq

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Pierce was acquired through the draft.

KG was acquired through trade.

The biggest big name free-agent the Celts got the last 3 decades was Dominique Wilkins.

Like I said, when was the last the Celts signed a guy like Shaq or Lebron James? 

Garnett and Allen both wanted to come to Boston...and we did sign Shaq.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts