Even Doc Thinks the Lakers are Crappy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Even Doc Thinks the Lakers are Crappy

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's more why:

Steve Nash turns 39 in February, born six months before Nixon resigned.

Kobe Bryant is 34, but has more miles on him than the Santa Monica Freeway.

Metta World Peace's 34th birthday is November 13 (It's World Kindness Day. Seriously. Google it.)

Pau Gasol is 32, and probably not picking up speed.

The Lakers' prime bench acquisition, Antawn Jamison, is 252 in dog years.

Every day is veterans day in L.A.

"First of all," Charles Barkley once said about aging players, "you don't get better as you get older."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-09-16/news/os-magic-brian-schmitz-sunday-0916-20120915_1_howard-and-nash-lakers-fans-lakers-hope

[/QUOTE]

lots of pot holes in these parts....

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Let's not forget.........Shawn Marion was 32.......Ron Artest is 32  AND Tyson Chandler was 27, DH is 26!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Have the Heat added any players other than Ray Allen of significance ? We came within 1 Qtr of beating them without Bradley, Wilcox & Green & PP & Allen hurt.  But many say we wouldn't have gone 7 games if they had had Chris Bosh and I say it wouldn't have gone 7 if we had the 3 aforementioned missing players.

Howard still mending his back & may not start the season. Who knows, some 13-14 yrs younger than Shaq, he may be as unavailbale to the Lakers as Shaq was to us. Won't be a dry eye in my house (HA!).

I think Philly with Bynum will be tough too & the Knicks who lost 4 in a row to the Heat after they won game 1 could be tough also in our division so yup, let's concentrate on winning our division instead of the Lakers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have the Heat added any players other than Ray Allen of significance ? We came within 1 Qtr of beating them without Bradley, Wilcox & Green & PP & Allen hurt.  But many say we wouldn't have gone 7 games if they had had Chris Bosh and I say it wouldn't have gone 7 if we had the 3 aforementioned missing players.

Howard still mending his back & may not start the season. Who knows, some 13-14 yrs younger than Shaq, he may be as unavailbale to the Lakers as Shaq was to us. Won't be a dry eye in my house (HA!).

I think Philly with Bynum will be tough too & the Knicks who lost 4 in a row to the Heat after they won game 1 could be tough also in our division so yup, let's concentrate on winning our division instead of the Lakers.

[/QUOTE]

The Heat have added Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis and Josh Harrellson to their team.  They will be extremely formidable, even when we are at full strength!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

It doesn't matter what the lakers are or are not, we ain't facing them in the playoffs. I will repeat this over and over Denver vs OKC will be the west finals. Denver is the team that on paper looks to be the most improved team of all the west contenders from last year and Denver was 2 fouls away from beating the lakers last year. I have been here for a while so when this prediction comes to fruitition I am going to rub it in the laker trolls nose until they leave.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

You don't have to be a Doc to figure that one out. 5 or 6 years ago hands down the Lakers would be the team to beat. Today, NOT.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

[QUOTE]

You know you're a crappy team when you can't beat FC Barcelona!

[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

[QUOTE]

You know you're a crappy team when you can't beat FC Barcelona!

So if FC Barcelona beat the Lakers last season and that makes the Lakers crappy. What does it make the Celtics which the Lakers swept last season 2 - 0????

[/QUOTE]

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Fake Fury.........once again thrills us with his knowledge, and well-thougt out posts, showing how much he REALLY knows about the game!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

So LeBron will opt OUT of his 20 mill dollar contract with the HEAT to sign with the lakers?  Talk about ignorant........he has a player option, as do Wade and Bosh, for the last two years.  They may get Bosh........but LeBron will stay in MIA!

Or, of course, you could PRODUCE a link that says he'll sign with the lakers 2 years from now!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nobody knows what LeBron will do.

Will the Lakers be tempting to him?

I am sure they would be.

Will the Lakers target LeBron?

I am pretty sure they will.

Fierce thinks that Boston can trade away Bass and Terry after the 2013-14 season to be able to sign a max player. That sounds like a fantasy to most reasonable people.

[/QUOTE]

Then you have a problem with Fierce, not me.  No changing the subject.........do you have a link or not?  Tempting???  How do YOU know they won't re-sign Gasol and kobe??

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.