Even turner to celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Even turner to celtics

odd pickup but at least we put him on a bad contract like we did Green and Bradley

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

odd pickup but at least we put him on a bad contract like we did Green and Bradley

It won't be an odd signing if Ainge has something in the works for Jeff Green and Rondo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Sully's OSU buddy! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Ok - so..........here is ONE FA who came to Boston.  Can we all just chill our sphincters on that crapola now?  Name ONE FA who ever wanted to come to Boston - the answer is now  - Evan Turner.

Don't know the plan for him, and don't care.......PHI is a mess, and IND was trying to win it all........a change of scenery may be good.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

Xavier McDaniel came to Boston.

So did a 35-year old Dominique Wilkins.

It's not that a FA won't come to Boston, it's about a premier FA not coming to Boston.

When was the last time an All-Star player left his old team to sign with the Boston Celtics? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:

Again...there isn't anything wrong with Turner. It is that the Celtics don't need him. Green must be gone

Since when do the Celltics not need a guy who can score? He also has good size and can defend. I understand his place on the roster makes him redundant but the other guys haven't shown they can consistently put up points. Everyone on this board has being saying since the draft that no one the Celtics have picked up this offseason can shoot. They finally do, and people on here don't want him? You can call it "talking basketball" all you want but like Cabutan said, nothing will please certain fans. They're smarter than DA and have all the answers, but will be nowhere to be found if a Turner has a good season for the C's. I for one, hope he does. Go Celtics!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to wonderdrums' comment:

Since when do the Celltics not need a guy who can score? He also has good size and can defend. I understand his place on the roster makes him redundant but the other guys haven't shown they can consistently put up points. Everyone on this board has being saying since the draft that no one the Celtics have picked up this offseason can shoot. They finally do, and people on here don't want him? You can call it "talking basketball" all you want but like Cabutan said, nothing will please certain fans. They're smarter than DA and have all the answers, but will be nowhere to be found if a Turner has a good season for the C's. I for one, hope he does. Go Celtics!

Turner is not a good defender and he's not a shooter, he's a scorer.

But you're right, this is a chance for Turner to redeem himself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I don't think people are saying that they don't want Turner.  We are just wondering what's next, otherwise there are a lot of redundancies and potentially a lot of unhappy players in the locker room.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

2 years from now, Bradley's contract won't be "bad."  DA was ahead of the curve on this one, I think.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

I don't think people are saying that they don't want Turner.  We are just wondering what's next, otherwise there are a lot of redundancies and potentially a lot of unhappy players in the locker room.

Jeff Green's gone.

Here:

As Eric Blasidell wrote a week ago today when Boston's interest was reported, it could signal the end of the Jeff Green era as the 25 year old could take his place as a starter.

http://www.celticslife.com/2014/07/boston-celtics-finishing-deal-for-evan.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

2 years from now, Bradley's contract won't be "bad."  DA was ahead of the curve on this one, I think.

Ahead of the curve or trigger happy?  It seems that deal is very bad to me.  There are so many cheaper options at SG for a rebuilding team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Ahead of the curve or trigger happy?  It seems that deal is very bad to me.  There are so many cheaper options at SG for a rebuilding team.

Maybe in another year of free-agency, but Chandler Parsons and Gordon Hayward got 15-16m per year.

So AB at 8m per year is not bad.

Not great, but not bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

It's also not about getting what is cheaper, it's getting the player that you want.

Ainge apparently wants AB over the cheaper SGs available.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

Jeff Green's gone.

Here:

As Eric Blasidell wrote a week ago today when Boston's interest was reported, it could signal the end of the Jeff Green era as the 25 year old could take his place as a starter.

http://www.celticslife.com/2014/07/boston-celtics-finishing-deal-for-evan.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.celticslife.com/2014/07/boston-celtics-finishing-deal-for-evan.html

I think he is gone too.  But Turner is a sideway move to me, what could we get for Jeff Green?  Hopefully Ainge can pull another surprisingly good deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

I think he is gone too.  But Turner is a sideway move to me, what could we get for Jeff Green?  Hopefully Ainge can pull another surprisingly good deal.

I'll be happy if the Celts get a 1st rounder for Uncle Jeff.

Playoff teams are most likely the ones that are asking for Jeff Green.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

It's also not about getting what is cheaper, it's getting the player that you want.

Ainge apparently wants AB over the cheaper SGs available.

Apparently he did, and he is not infallible.  I guess live and learn.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

For MLE.  Wow more SG/SF to take up minutes that do not exist.  Or maybe Green trade is in the work?

boy that would be amazing.  someone who wants to dish out 9M for the on again off again casual cool as a cucumber every third game jeff green.  do the pelicans need him?

Does anybody need that gutless stiff?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Does anybody need that gutless stiff?

Come on, who you gonna hate after Green and Rondo are gone?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

Again...there isn't anything wrong with Turner. It is that the Celtics don't need him. Green must be gone

There are all sorts of things that please me. I don't think I am smarter than DA and I don't have all the answers. I've been a fan for 35 years and i will be around if Turner has a good season and I hope he does too.

None of this changes the fact I don't think it is a good signing. Sorry talking basketball bums you out so much. Again if a trade happens then it makes sense. Otherwise it doesn't.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Didn't you say on this thread that Turner coming here means some trade is in the works?  Let's see.  I doubt though.

There are all sorts of things that please me. I don't think I am smarter than DA and I don't have all the answers. I've been a fan for 35 years and i will be around if Turner has a good season and I hope he does too.

None of this changes the fact I don't think it is a good signing. Sorry talking basketball bums you out so much. Again if a trade happens then it makes sense. Otherwise it doesn't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Maybe in another year of free-agency, but Chandler Parsons and Gordon Hayward got 15-16m per year.

So AB at 8m per year is not bad.

Not great, but not bad.

[object HTMLDivElement]

And I will be the first to say it's a bad deal, in two years, if it is.  But he's still only 23 years old, and when healthy, is improving.  You know I was all for trying to get Hayward.  But AB is a better defender, and is now half the price.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

And I will be the first to say it's a bad deal, in two years, if it is.  But he's still only 23 years old, and when healthy, is improving.  You know I was all for trying to get Hayward.  But AB is a better defender, and is now half the price.

Agree.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

love trade...3 way with rondo and green?  Maybe Bass can be included as well...

smart ab

ab thornton young

turner wallace young

love ko

zeller faverini ko

We can dream right...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

AB and Rondo is having a small backcourt.

But I don't think AB and Smaht is a small backcourt.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Nice move, in my opinion, either as an ongoing asset or a trading chip asset. 

Be honest.   When the Celts have played the 76ers, how many of us didn't at least least once scream, "Why the $%@#* don't we have a wing who can get to the basket like Turner?" I know I did.

Turner's got old school skills, he's only 25, no injury history that I know of, rebounds well, can pass it, crafty, can put it on the floor, create something out of nothing. Beyond Pierce, we've had nobody like that. Our wings last year mostly created nothing out of something.

Don't discount Stevens' influence in this  Turner's from Chicago and Stevens most probably had to write him off for Butler. He's got him now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

love trade...3 way with rondo and green?  Maybe Bass can be included as well...

smart ab

ab thornton young

turner wallace young

love ko

zeller faverini ko

We can dream right...

Yes, we can dream.

But I think the Kevin Love dream is over.

The Celtic owner himself already admitting to not getting his fireworks.

So this is going to be a build through the draft rebuild.

5 to 10 years to become a legit playoff team and a legit contender.

Sections
Shortcuts