Even turner to celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Re: Even turner to celtics

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice move, in my opinion, either as an ongoing asset or a trading chip asset. 

Be honest.   When the Celts have played the 76ers, how many of us didn't at least least once scream, "Why the $%@#* don't we have a wing who can get to the basket like Turner?" I know I did.

Turner's got old school skills, he's only 25, no injury history that I know of, rebounds well, can pass it, crafty, can put it on the floor, create something out of nothing. Beyond Pierce, we've had nobody like that. Our wings last year mostly created nothing out of something.

Don't discount Stevens' influence in this  Turner's from Chicago and Stevens most probably had to write him off for Butler. He's got him now.

[/QUOTE]

If Celts trade Jeff Green then there's no need to trade Turner in the near future.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

love trade...3 way with rondo and green?  Maybe Bass can be included as well...

smart ab

ab thornton young

turner wallace young

love ko

zeller faverini ko

We can dream right...

[/QUOTE]

It is not possible that Minny would do this over the Cavs or the Warriors deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And I will be the first to say it's a bad deal, in two years, if it is.  But he's still only 23 years old, and when healthy, is improving.  You know I was all for trying to get Hayward.  But AB is a better defender, and is now half the price.

[/QUOTE]

Agree.

[/QUOTE]

I want a big thread of admission of a bad call in 2 years from both of you!  :)

I'll do the same thing of course if the reverse is true.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Unless we are trading Rondo and Green, so we can make sure we have the worst team in the league, this signing  doesn't make sense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ainge got him at a yard sale. He went from the #2 pick to getting half of the MLE. Well at least him and Sully played together.

Ainge um we need some bigs!!

[/QUOTE]

Another solid asset in Evan Turner....

It's all about competition and bringing in as much talent as possible , this team won 25 games , half the roster will get churned before the trading deadline.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I think he is more of a 2 guard than a 3.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

love trade...3 way with rondo and green?  Maybe Bass can be included as well...

smart ab

ab thornton young

turner wallace young

love ko

zeller faverini ko

We can dream right...

[/QUOTE]

Yes, we can dream.

But I think the Kevin Love dream is over.

The Celtic owner himself already admitting to not getting his fireworks.

So this is going to be a build through the draft rebuild.

5 to 10 years to become a legit playoff team and a legit contender.

[/QUOTE]

What???? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What???? 

[/QUOTE]

Celts will be in the lottery next season and most probably in 2016.

So from 2013 to 2016, that's 3 years already.

Celts will start making a playoff push in 2017.

Once the Celts are a playoff team, it would take another 2-3 years to become a legit contender.

That's 6-7 years already.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Love it !

Evan Turner at bargain price, what's not to like ?

The Celtics had 3 goals this offseason:

1. get some length

2. get more athletic (wing players)

3. get some shooters

Low key pickups of Marcus Thornton and Tyler Zeller, now Evan Turner to go with rookies Marcus Smart and James Young have the Celtics accomplishing their goals before they make their first big offseason trade......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

Jeremy Lundblad @JLundbladESPN
    Follow
    Among the 74 players with 8,000+ minutes over the last 4 seasons, Evan Turner ranks 74th in PER

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What???? 

Celts will be in the lottery next season and most probably in 2016.

So from 2013 to 2016, that's 3 years already.

Celts will start making a playoff push in 2017.

Once the Celts are a playoff team, it would take another 2-3 years to become a legit contender.

That's 6-7 years already.

[/QUOTE]
    so apparently you are saying that we are going to tank until 2016, am i right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Love it !

Evan Turner at bargain price, what's not to like ?

The Celtics had 3 goals this offseason:

1. get some length

2. get more athletic (wing players)

3. get some shooters

Low key pickups of Marcus Thornton and Tyler Zeller, now Evan Turner to go with rookies Marcus Smart and James Young have the Celtics accomplishing their goals before they make their first big offseason trade......

[/QUOTE]
    +1

What's not to like about getting a former #2 pick for a portion of the MLE?

It's all about potential.  Hopefully he blooms getting the minutes with the C's.  It's a cheap gamble... why not?

I for one, l I like it.  Nice pickup DA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]

I looked up some stats on this kid.    Did we know that before the release, he was averaging 17.4/6.0/3.7?  In 34 mins.

Uncle Jeff, conversely, averaged 16.9/4.6/1.7...........in 34 mins!!

The more I read, the more I like the deal.  Trade Green or Wallace (ha ha, Rame) and play this kid.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

[/QUOTE]

I don't praise Ainge much but I do like this pick up. I wasn't too crazy about the Celtics draft picks. But I like the moves that Ainge has had since. IMO Ainge has managed to make this a pretty good team. I just wish that he hadn't drafted Smart. Not because I believe that he isn't any good but because Smart is going to get very little playing time. Ainge could have drafted someone that could have contributed far more. McBuckets would have been a great fit with the team that Ainge has assembled.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Whats not to like ?  All this and we still have a lot of assets to move. Whole lot of something for nothing,

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I looked up some stats on this kid.    Did we know that before the release, he was averaging 17.4/6.0/3.7?  In 34 mins.

Uncle Jeff, conversely, averaged 16.9/4.6/1.7...........in 34 mins!!

The more I read, the more I like the deal.  Trade Green or Wallace (ha ha, Rame) and play this kid.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

[/QUOTE]

I don't praise Ainge much but I do like this pick up. I wasn't too crazy about the Celtics draft picks. But I like the moves that Ainge has had since. IMO Ainge has managed to make this a pretty good team. I just wish that he hadn't drafted Smart. Not because I believe that he isn't any good but because Smart is going to get very little playing time. Ainge could have drafted someone that could have contributed far more. McBuckets would have been a great fit with the team that Ainge has assembled.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

agree - and if not "good", then at least fun to watch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nope!

I'm against tanking after 2015.

This coming season should be the last year the Celts are going to have to tank.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nope!

[/QUOTE]

fair enough.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nope!

[/QUOTE]

Agree. 

I think Ainge has done a great job this off season.   Seems like there will be more to come. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

odd pickup but at least we put him on a bad contract like we did Green and Bradley

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

2 years from now, Bradley's contract won't be "bad."  DA was ahead of the curve on this one, I think.

[/QUOTE]

No. He outbid himself.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

It's a desperate move from Danny, just clueless and signing mediocre players. Owners are committed for 80 MM and says this off season signings are not meeting their expectations; Danny boy is getting anxious. Someone get this old guy fired, get someone young and ready to do anything for a winning team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Turner is the only player we have that has been able to create his own shot once green is gone. Green has more potential then turner  but turner is more consistent threat to score and he can manage his game without Rondo.

Bet here is Rondo Green and Bass are Gone..

How can you not like getting him for nothing MLE and nothing else.

Go to the Philly Game threads everyone here talked about how he was torching us.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I kind of agree and hope you're right. I'm ready for some fresh faces. 

I wonder about Avery Bradley.  Last summer he was still getting healthy, and still he clearly had worked on his game.  If he's gotten better again, he could be pretty good. Maybe this guy will be a fresh face for us in a different sort of way.

I'd just try to put wallace away quietly.  I really don't think he can do anything but hurt us.  If somebody could just take rondo and wallace from us and not give us anything back, that would be a "fair trade" in a strange sort of way.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Turner is the only player we have that has been able to create his own shot once green is gone. Green has more potential then turner  but turner is more consistent threat to score and he can manage his game without Rondo.

Bet here is Rondo Green and Bass are Gone..

How can you not like getting him for nothing MLE and nothing else.

Go to the Philly Game threads everyone here talked about how he was torching us.

[/QUOTE]

Agree.

While Turner is not really a good shooter, he can create his own shot.

He's also more consistent than Green.

It's a case of Turner doing more with less potential while Green is doing less with more potential.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Maybe the plan is two play 15 players in 3 waves of 5 minutes per  to tire the other team. We chock full of mediocre players not bad but not all star talent,  If you cant beat it run em out the gym.   Pitino would love this team as constructed lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe the plan is two play 15 players in 3 waves of 5 minutes per  to tire the other team. We chock full of mediocre players not bad but not all star talent,  If you cant beat it run em out the gym.   Pitino would love this team as constructed lol

[/QUOTE]

Brad Stevens is more deliberate, calculated.

What I like about Stevens' system is it's very dynamic.

Sections
Shortcuts