Even turner to celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Re: Even turner to celtics

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

love trade...3 way with rondo and green?  Maybe Bass can be included as well...

the tpe trade I can see is build through the draft.  Evan turner signing is not building through the draft.  It is either assembling chips for trades, or tanking by having a roster full of PF and SG/SF's.  

smart ab

ab thornton young

turner wallace young

love ko

zeller faverini ko

We can dream right...

[/QUOTE]

Yes, we can dream.

But I think the Kevin Love dream is over.

The Celtic owner himself already admitting to not getting his fireworks.

So this is going to be a build through the draft rebuild.

5 to 10 years to become a legit playoff team and a legit contender.

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Where's Fungus?

Here's what I have to say to you ....

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

I prefer Jeff Green to Evan Turner.

I understand that im in the minority on this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to JamezHill's comment:

I prefer Jeff Green to Evan Turner.

I understand that im in the minority on this.

I'd take jeff green over turner too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yet another Fiercy prediction gone wrong.

I'm not a huge fan of Turner's game, so we shall see what Danny and Brad have in mind for him. He is best as a starter on a team where others have the shooting/scoring load and he can be Boris Diaw light, passing, rebounding and being a glue guy as a point SF.

He can't be traded now until December, but it could mean a Green trade is in the works. Regardless of the depth already on this team or your opinion of his game he is a bargain at a 'portion' of the MLE. I am interested (more than excited) to see what he can do in a Boston uni.

[/QUOTE]

Rame

AInge was tanking last season. Some on here wanted Turner and Hawes. If they were as good as some said they would have improved the team enough to make the Cs pick higher than 6th.

Ainge getting him for a portion if the MLE is a no brainer if he's healthy. Hopefully he has another trade in the works.  

[/QUOTE]

NH,

C'mon ... Doc grabs Hawes for the "in the hunt" Clippers and now Ainge grabs Turner for a rebuilding Celtics. Either both Doc and Danny have no credibiity or M8 was right and you and Fungus wrong.

Are you really gonna try to convince us that you two locals are smarter than Doc & Danny not to mention Bird?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to spewey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Caveat on Turner's numbers last year.  Sixers were an absolute mess and they were letting Turner and Carter-Williams run wild.  Turner to increase his trade value (they were not signing him and they made no secret about that) and Carter-Williams in his attempt to win Rookie of the Year.  I think this ultimately messed both of them up a little.  Only 25 it will be nice to see Turner work with Coach Stevens and run with a real PG (for now).

[/QUOTE]

You could say the same about Bradley on a team with no scorers and he got $8MM!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

Shoot.  I was hoping to get LeBron or Dwight howard with part of our MLE. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to wonderdrums' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since when do the Celltics not need a guy who can score? He also has good size and can defend. I understand his place on the roster makes him redundant but the other guys haven't shown they can consistently put up points. Everyone on this board has being saying since the draft that no one the Celtics have picked up this offseason can shoot. They finally do, and people on here don't want him? You can call it "talking basketball" all you want but like Cabutan said, nothing will please certain fans. They're smarter than DA and have all the answers, but will be nowhere to be found if a Turner has a good season for the C's. I for one, hope he does. Go Celtics!

[/QUOTE]

Turner is not a good defender and he's not a shooter, he's a scorer.

But you're right, this is a chance for Turner to redeem himself.

[/QUOTE]

After laughing/ridiculing my idea of getting Turner as a scorer now that I got Danny's ear you're on board?

What a hypocrite ... whichever way the wind blows you're along for the ride ... pretty soon you'll even try to convince this board that it was your idea.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Young is probably D League bound, Thorton may not play one minute for the Celtics. So that means Wallace of Green will have to be traded. So you have Bradley, who can play some point and can't be counted on for 82 games, Turner, Wallace/Green playing most of the minutes at the two/three. They actually look kind of tin at the two.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Young is probably D League bound, Thorton may not play one minute for the Celtics. So that means Wallace of Green will have to be traded. So you have Bradley, who can play some point and can't be counted on for 82 games, Turner, Wallace/Green playing most of the minutes at the two/three. They actually look kind of tin at the two.

[/QUOTE]

Don't be surprised if Wallace is waived and stretched. It's starting to make more and more sense to save $10MM in cap space for a $4MM or less hit per year with all these new contracts averaging 4 years and $3-5MM/yr.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sycophant123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wonderdrums' comment:

[QUOTE]

Didn't you say on this thread that Turner coming here means some trade is in the works?  Let's see.  I doubt though.

In response to sycophant123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Again...there isn't anything wrong with Turner. It is that the Celtics don't need him. Green must be gone

[/QUOTE]

Since when do the Celltics not need a guy who can score? He also has good size and can defend. I understand his place on the roster makes him redundant but the other guys haven't shown they can consistently put up points. Everyone on this board has being saying since the draft that no one the Celtics have picked up this offseason can shoot. They finally do, and people on here don't want him? You can call it "talking basketball" all you want but like Cabutan said, nothing will please certain fans. They're smarter than DA and have all the answers, but will be nowhere to be found if a Turner has a good season for the C's. I for one, hope he does. Go Celtics!

[/QUOTE]

There are all sorts of things that please me. I don't think I am smarter than DA and I don't have all the answers. I've been a fan for 35 years and i will be around if Turner has a good season and I hope he does too.

None of this changes the fact I don't think it is a good signing. Sorry talking basketball bums you out so much. Again if a trade happens then it makes sense. Otherwise it doesn't.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Take it easy bro I wasn't singling you out, but you have to admit there's a lot of unhappy campers.  As far as talking basketball goes, I love to discuss all Boston sports with anyone who's willing to. I feel like a lot of times on this forum people will stick to their opinion with blinders and earmuffs on while ridiculing others for having a different opinion. It seems to put a lot of people of the defensive in their responses and sometimes turns great conversation negative. 

I understand why you don't like the signing, and I agree its a redundant signing while the celtics have positions of greater need. Let's hope the kid can fill the bucket a lot:) Go Celtics. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Love it !

Evan Turner at bargain price, what's not to like ?

The Celtics had 3 goals this offseason:

1. get some length

2. get more athletic (wing players)

3. get some shooters

Low key pickups of Marcus Thornton and Tyler Zeller, now Evan Turner to go with rookies Marcus Smart and James Young have the Celtics accomplishing their goals before they make their first big offseason trade......

[/QUOTE]
    +1

What's not to like about getting a former #2 pick for a portion of the MLE?

It's all about potential.  Hopefully he blooms getting the minutes with the C's.  It's a cheap gamble... why not?

I for one, l I like it.  Nice pickup DA.

[/QUOTE]

+1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok - so..........here is ONE FA who came to Boston.  Can we all just chill our sphincters on that crapola now?  Name ONE FA who ever wanted to come to Boston - the answer is now  - Evan Turner.

Don't know the plan for him, and don't care.......PHI is a mess, and IND was trying to win it all........a change of scenery may be good.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

[/QUOTE]

Xavier McDaniel came to Boston.

So did a 35-year old Dominique Wilkins.

It's not that a FA won't come to Boston, it's about a premier FA not coming to Boston.

When was the last time an All-Star player left his old team to sign with the Boston Celtics? 

[/QUOTE]

Dominique was 34, and made the all-star team the season before he signed here.

Needless to say he was a terrible signing Dave Gavitt and Larry Bird were against and Red, M.L. Carr and the awful Gaston owners were all about. 

Remember when you said Xavier McDaniel was signed after Lewis died? Ugh. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

love trade...3 way with rondo and green?  Maybe Bass can be included as well...

smart ab

ab thornton young

turner wallace young

love ko

zeller faverini ko

We can dream right...

[/QUOTE]

Yes, we can dream.

But I think the Kevin Love dream is over.

The Celtic owner himself already admitting to not getting his fireworks.

So this is going to be a build through the draft rebuild.

5 to 10 years to become a legit playoff team and a legit contender.

[/QUOTE]

What vomit inducing negativity. 

One has to question if you are even a fan or simply an attention wh0re with no life. I mean 500+ posts in two weeks since you were banned? 

Clearly you are not wanted here and at the same time you have nothing to add but lots to say. Wrong about the draft, wrong about the TPE, wrong about Hump sign and trade, wrong about DA interest in Turner, wrong about using the MLE.

It is tiresome and now you add daily negative drivel to your list or ignorance on the sport/team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Per HoopsRumors;

The Wolves appeared to be Boston’s primary competition for Turner, who was reportedly Minnesota’s top priority even though the team apparently envisioned signing him to only a one-year deal. The length of his arrangment with the Celtics is unclear.

Boston has more than $78.7MM in commitments on the roster for the coming season, a figure that puts them above the tax line but below the tax apron. The Celtics can waive close to $7.018MM in non-guaranteed salary, but in any case, the team won’t be able to sign Turner to a starting salary exceeding $3.278MM without triggering a hard cap of $80.829MM for this season.

FWIW: That 2nd round protected pick from the Wiz for Hump is a 2015 2nd rounder top 49 protected.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

[QUOTE]

One has to question if you are even a fan or simply an attention wh0re with no life. I mean 500+ posts in two weeks since you were banned? 

Clearly you are not wanted here and at the same time you have nothing to add but lots to say. Wrong about the draft, wrong about the TPE, wrong about Hump sign and trade, wrong about DA interest in Turner, wrong about using the MLE.

It is tiresome and now you add daily negative drivel to your list or ignorance on the sport/team.

[/QUOTE]

Telling the truth is negativity?

Look where the Celts are headed now.

The Celts are rebuilding through the draft, right?

You really think the Celts will be in the Finals in 2016 or 2017?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

rame

Who are you to say I'm not wanted here.

Do you own this board?

Technically I was wrong about Hump being signed and traded.

But I told you we would get nothing for Hump and the Celts did end up getting nothing for Hump.

I was wrong about the MLE.

So?

At least I didn't edit and delete the posts I made about the MLE.

Again, why do you keep insisting on making trouble here?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Telling the truth is negativity?

Look where the Celts are headed now.

The Celts are rebuilding through the draft, right?

You really think the Celts will be in the Finals in 2016 or 2017?

[/QUOTE]

You didn't say "finals" ... in your own words, "legit playoff team and a legit contender".

Moving your own goalposts????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ktronic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What???? 

[/QUOTE]

Celts will be in the lottery next season and most probably in 2016.

So from 2013 to 2016, that's 3 years already.

Celts will start making a playoff push in 2017.

Once the Celts are a playoff team, it would take another 2-3 years to become a legit contender.

That's 6-7 years already.

[/QUOTE]

Remind me again of how they missed the 2013 playoffs? 

Constant ignorance.

Teams can turn it around within one offseason/big trade. That is how most title winners have been built in recent years. Lakers, Celtics, Heat... 9 titles in 16 years.

The Spurs got Duncan in '97 and won a title in '99. They own 5 of the other 7 titles in 16 years. 

Beyond that you are left to build a team like the Pistons/Mavs. They went from bad to competitive in 2 years and to contenders in 4 years.  This 5-10 thing is Fiercy GARBAGE. If you look at recent history only the Thunder have really built through the draft. They were tanking for Durant in '07, a playoff team in '10 and a title contender in 2011. That is FOUR years. 

Like most of what he peddles here, this is more ignorant trash. The NBA is not a predictable league. One thing we know from 2008, you can turn a loser to a winner overnight. Go away Fierce.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

rame

What year did Pierce and KG got traded?

2013, right?

Last season was 2013-14.

This coming season is 2014-15.

So this is year 2 of the rebuilding process.

Again, just because Ainge was able to pull a rabbit out of the hat, he can't do it every time he wants to.

Just being realistic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer for sure. He's become a bigger troll here than Greenkiller.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You didn't say "finals" ... in your own words, "legit playoff team and a legit contender".

Moving your own goalposts????

[/QUOTE]

That's why I said 5-10 years.

There were those saying the Celts will be relevant again in 2-3 years.

I disagree.

Right now we're on year 2 of the rebuilding process and the Celts are still not a playoff team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

rame

What year did Pierce and KG got traded?

2013, right?

Last season was 2013-14.

This coming season is 2014-15.

So this is year 2 of the rebuilding process. 

Again, just because Ainge was able to pull a rabbit out of the hat, he can't do it every time he wants to.

Just being realistic.

The Celtics were in the 2013 playoffs. 

The lotto in 2015 (like the Thunder in 2009) the playoffs in 2016 (like Thunder in 2010) and then a big move or trade in summer of 2016 or by the trade deadline 2017 to turn a predicted 2nd rd playoff team into a title contender.

Two years without the playoffs and four years to legit contender. a legit contender is a top 6-7 team in the league. That is the Pistons, Mavs and Thunder blueprint.

The Fiercy 5-10 years blueprint he uses the long droughts between titles for the Celtics and Pistons and 'never been back' situations of the Rockets and Bulls is simply his negativity and desire to be the turd in the punch bowl shining through.

540 posts in 2 weeks with nothing to say. It is a disease. It is pitiful. It is Fierce. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Negative Nancy or Debbie Downer for sure. He's become a bigger troll here than Greenkiller.

[/QUOTE]

Just because I tell the truth, that doesn't make me a troll.

It's true that Wyc Grousbeck opened his mouth and ended up not being able to back up what he said.

Now Grousbeck is telling every Celtic fan to be patient.

Not my fault that no fireworks happened.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

[QUOTE]

The Celtics were in the 2013 playoffs. 

The lotto in 2015 (like the Thunder in 2009) the playoffs in 2016 (like Thunder in 2010) and then a big move or trade in summer of 2016 or by the trade deadline 2017 to turn a predicted 2nd rd playoff team into a title contender.

Two years to the playoffs and four years to legit contender. a legit contender is a top 6-7 team in the league. That is the Pistons, Mavs and Thunder blueprint.

The Fiercy 5-10 years blueprint he uses the long droughts between titles for the Celtics and Pistons and 'never been back' situations of the Rockets and Bulls is simply his negativity and desire to be the turd in the punch bowl shining through.

540 posts in 2 weeks with nothing to say. It is a disease. It is pitiful. It is Fierce. 

[/QUOTE]

Celts were in the playoffs in 2012-13, not 2013-14.

Again, we're in year 2 of the rebuilding process and the playoffs is nowhere in sight.

Last season you called everybody that said the Celts will not win 37 games an absolute fool.

Didn't work out too well for you, right?

Again, being realistic is not negativity.

Sections
Shortcuts