Even with the win streak the Celts still need Gortat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Even with the win streak the Celts still need Gortat

I just wonder how high Melo is valued around the NBA.

No value...just a pick. If someone will like him...it's just like another destination pick... 'cause he has no nba history and experience...yet

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think it is going to happen. They are playing better and Wilcox is on his way back and Sully is playing like an animal..  I don't think there are going to be any big moves at this point.

I would love Dalembert if  the celtics could get him  for Bass and Basrbosa but I don't see thart happening.

[/QUOTE]

Bass, Melo, and a draft pick is not a big move when it comes to team chemistry. The only player lost from the rotation is Bass.

[/QUOTE]

No I agree.  If they could get Gortat for Bass, Melo and a pick I would do it in a second.  I just wonder how high Melo is valued around the NBA.  I don't think the Celtics even know how to value him at this point.

[/QUOTE]

Bring Melo up as soon as he can play and let's see what we have.  It is crazy with a team so in need of a big man that we would not do something because of a player like Melo.  I saw him play in pre-season and he is not going to be a offensive factor for several years.  Garnett in the meanwhile is just waiting to get injured with overuse.  You want Garnett the rest of the year, do something now it is that simple. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

1. The best team in the east, the Heat, can be exploited at will if you have good big men.

2. Derrick Rose will return soon. The Celts might run into them in the playoffs.

3. It's still January, the Celts can't allow KG to burn out before the playoffs start.

4. Rebounding is still a problem because Sully's the only one who can really rebound.

The question now is, is Gortat worth sacrificing Fab Melo?

Lee and Green don't have to be traded if the Celtics can move Bass, Melo, and a 1st round pick for Gortat.

A 3rd team would have to take Bass.

[/QUOTE]  lETS DO IT !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I would do whatever it takes to get Cousins, but Gortat has never impressed me that much. If we could get him for Wilcox, Bass and maybe a future #2, i would go after him, but i have a feeling it would be a mistake to trade Fab for Gortat, so put me down as not doing that deal!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to benn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do we still want Cousins ?

[/QUOTE]

If it will only cost the Celtics Sully and draft picks then the Celts should still go after Cousins.

Bradley and Sully can't be traded at the same time.

[/QUOTE]
    Cousins won't be traded at the present time since the team is being sold and moving to Seattle.  Probably won't happen this current season. 

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Fierce/El Dunker. Such certainty is usually reserved for the Dead

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would do whatever it takes to get Cousins, but Gortat has never impressed me that much. If we could get him for Wilcox, Bass and maybe a future #2, i would go after him, but i have a feeling it would be a mistake to trade Fab for Gortat, so put me down as not doing that deal!!

[/QUOTE

Gortat is worth more than that.  Cousins would probably gut us getting hiim.  Gortat impressed me last night inside.  He plays big, rebounds, blocks shots, and doesn't need plays ran for him.  I would take him in a NY minute. Gortat is a know commodity,  Melo is pure speculation.  How many projects are there running around in the NBA these days?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i really don't understand this gortat obsession.  the guy has never been in the limelight on a really good team.  why not make a play for an underutilized and not paid up to the second big man like MOZGOV or (could have been birdman but we were asleep at the wheel), and i'm sure mozgov isn't the only one out there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Trade Bass, Melo and draft picks for Gortat! Speak about some serious rebounding with him and Sully. Plus Gortat can block shots.

That is what is missing. Problem solved!

Bradley is a must keep player. Did you notice when the winning streak started?????

Maybe even trade Rondo for several good players including another point guard. His problem is that he only cares about himself, holds the ball too long and is the only player that brings the ball up. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rumor - Rondo for Cousins and Evans...............still in?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

got a link for this?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Screw Gortat.

Sullinger out rebounded him last night.

[/QUOTE]

We need more than one good rebounder. Not only should we get Gortat but also another backup center  like Delambert.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

1. The best team in the east, the Heat, can be exploited at will if you have good big men.

2. Derrick Rose will return soon. The Celts might run into them in the playoffs.

3. It's still January, the Celts can't allow KG to burn out before the playoffs start.

4. Rebounding is still a problem because Sully's the only one who can really rebound.

The question now is, is Gortat worth sacrificing Fab Melo?

Lee and Green don't have to be traded if the Celtics can move Bass, Melo, and a 1st round pick for Gortat.

A 3rd team would have to take Bass.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said, but I'd hate to sacrifice Melo who shows so much promise. What about Dalembert? His contracting is expiring and he is rotting on the bench for the Bucks.

Could be a terrifc one year year rental and seems like he could be had rather cheap. When next year comes you let him go (if you think that melo will be ready to contribute) and let fab play signifcant minutes. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The reason for the gortat clamor among celtics is this:  he torched us 10x during the dwight howard era.  He always played us much better than dwight.

However, he is clearly not the same guy now, for whatever reason.  Last night was the first time he hasn't killed us that I can remember.  Either he's gone downhill or sully is a lot better defender than I thought.

Celtics seem to judge the players they get based on their performance against the green more than based on their total play.  IDK, maybe all teams do that but I just pay more attention to the c's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to benn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You're right about Sully.. we've seen this all season long.. just why hasnt Doc used the kid more.. same with Barbosa, big contributor thats planted on the bench.. 

Lets at least use our strengths....  esp in rebounding where we're so dam weak.. Sully should have been getting 20-30 min every game

[/QUOTE]

I think Doc will eventually give Sully more minutes as the season progresses.

Lee's playing great D, that's why Barbosa is stuck on the bench.

[/QUOTE]

Do we still want Cousins ?

[/QUOTE]

YES, WE STILL WANT COUSINS. Give up Rondo, Bass, Terry, and picks for Cousins and Evans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I dont think we can give up terry.  Yes, we could technically, but I believe that terry is the type of player that probably reached an understanding with management before signing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  Without a doubt!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

got a link for this?

[/QUOTE]

No, it's my rumor.........lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Evans is shot as a player. Low BB IQ, no shot, cant penetrate, cant play D. He is done. Stsy away. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Evans is shot as a player. Low BB IQ, no shot, cant penetrate, cant play D. He is done. Stsy away. 

[/QUOTE]

He also is in the last year of his rookie deal, is due a QO of about 6 mill, and if he gets us Cousins, so be it!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to celticsince1958's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Screw Gortat.

Sullinger out rebounded him last night.

[/QUOTE]

We need more than one good rebounder. Not only should we get Gortat but also another backup center  like Delambert.

[/QUOTE]

bingo.  thank you.  go for guys who are functioning pieces.  gortat gripes about his "touches" in phoenix at the same time bass was told he would have NO POST TOUCHES in boston, so with this idiot dock rivres at the helm, how many touches is ANY BIG GUY GOING TO GET on this team??  incidental to a limited amount per game.

they (ainge, rivers) starved out jerLame o'neal of any actual practice / scrimmage touches of post moves and his game went backwards.  now that he's on PHO and actually has a play run for him now and then he's a much more efficient offensive player.

so, since we are stuck with a GM and head coach with a combined IQ of 100 regarding post play, we might as well just get some ham and egger defensive minded bangers to fill out the string for this year and see where it goes.  if we can dump bass, green, lee, rondo for better parts / extremely good draft picks in the case of rondo- then i'd do it.

and then in the off season package rondo up and ship him to the next destination where he can play zero-aggression offense and try to play roundy-go-round with the ball on the perimeter or worse yet straight up ball hogging until two seconds before the final 3 second count down "beeps" start.  that's what he does for us.  give him a different coach and gm to kick him in the asse rather than ones who tickle him with a feather on it.  just dumb to keep on this way.  you think rondo is going to want less than 10m per year to re-sign?!!  wake up.  his game has gone NOWHERE since he signed that contract.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

K- In recent days, it has been well documented that Memphis is alerting teams that for the right price, they are open to moving Gay, who has three-years and more than 53 million dollars remaining on his contract. Toronto, Sacramento, Golden State, and Phoenix have all been reported as having discussions with the Grizzlies about the talented small forward. It is more realistic to see Gay moved over the summer. But if he is traded before the February 21st deadline, the Suns appear to be the leading candidate. In need of direction, they could offer Jared Dudley, Marcin Gortat and a first-round pick if necessary. This would satisfy the Grizzlies need for a three-point shooter and provide them with an impressive trio of big men, all while saving the team money

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

The only reason people here like Gortat is because the C's need a big man.  He is better than anything we have by far.  He is not great but head and shoulders above all the bigs we have.  All he would have to do here is play D, clog the middle and REBOUND.  His offense would be a major plus but not the end all.  If DA feels the Cs could win with Gortat now then you have to try and get him. Melo, Bass and a pick.  Melo, Lee and a pick....maybe throw Wilcox in there.  I don't know what Phoenix wants or needs, they are a bad team. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only reason people here like Gortat is because the C's need a big man.  He is better than anything we have by far.  He is not great but head and shoulders above all the bigs we have.  All he would have to do here is play D, clog the middle and REBOUND.  His offense would be a major plus but not the end all.  If DA feels the Cs could win with Gortat now then you have to try and get him. Melo, Bass and a pick.  Melo, Lee and a pick....maybe throw Wilcox in there.  I don't know what Phoenix wants or needs, they are a bad team. 

[/QUOTE]

The reason we need him is clear. We don't have a big man that can play with KG and let him rest with any assurance they can be effective.  Those on the board who feel our problems are solved only have to think of what it would be like if KG is out for any real length of time. The season would be over.  Sully is not a substitute for big man like Gortat.