Everybody Just Chill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

Everybody Just Chill

Garnett has a sore calf, he'll miss some games, he'll be back and he'll be fine

Boston is 24-6, Miami is 25-9...Boston is 2-0 against Miami...Perk hasn't played.  Don't worry about Miami.

Rondo is awesome.  He's an awesome player.  Anybody thinks otherwise is smoking drugs.

Perk hasn't played.  Perk is our starting center, a champion alongside the Hall of Famers, Perk's nasty, he plays great defense, the team is bigger, they're better this year, the Celtics have a great team I say!!!!!

The Celtics have a great team.  We must enjoy this!

Health is a Beautiful Thing...this team will be healthy!!!  They will!!!  We know they will because Garnett will be fine!!!!  Garnett's going to be OK!!!!  That's what we're hearing, that's what we're feeling in our hearts to be true!!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Everybody Just Chill

I am also remaining optimistic until more is known about KG's injury. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Everybody Just Chill:
    [QUOTE]Garnett has a sore calf, he'll miss some games, he'll be back and he'll be fine Boston is 24-6, Miami is 25-9...Boston is 2-0 against Miami...Perk hasn't played.  Don't worry about Miami. Rondo is awesome.  He's an awesome player.  Anybody thinks otherwise is smoking drugs. Perk hasn't played.  Perk is our starting center, a champion alongside the Hall of Famers, Perk's nasty, he plays great defense, the team is bigger, they're better this year, the Celtics have a great team I say!!!!! The Celtics have a great team.  We must enjoy this! Health is a Beautiful Thing...this team will be healthy!!!  They will!!!  We know they will because Garnett will be fine!!!!  Garnett's going to be OK!!!!  That's what we're hearing, that's what we're feeling in our hearts to be true!!! 
    Posted by mac1980[/QUOTE]

Mac, would like to buy into what youre saying but I cant.

Miami is wrecking teams right now and has like a 15-1 record recently. Only 3 games back in the loss column. I dont see how anyone cannot worry about Miami.. they look  pretty darn good these days.

As far as Perk being our starting center..well he was last year but hes not any longer. If/when he returns he should be coming off the bench.. maybe as our 2nd or 3rd  string. Shaq is clearly the best center on our team...its not even close.

Hope your right about KG.. but Celts have shown they cant be trusted in these things.. so we'll have to wait and see

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Everybody Just Chill:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Everybody Just Chill : Mac, would like to buy into what youre saying but I cant. Miami is wrecking teams right now and has like a 15-1 record recently. Only 3 games back in the loss column. I dont see how anyone cannot worry about Miami.. they look  pretty darn good these days. As far as Perk being our starting center..well he was last year but hes not any longer. If/when he returns he should be coming off the bench.. maybe as our 2nd or 3rd  string. Shaq is clearly the best center on our team...its not even close. Hope your right about KG.. but Celts have shown they cant be trusted in these things.. so we'll have to wait and see
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I do agree with you about Miami.  They have improved from the beginning of the season and are winning most games by a huge margin.  They are a very scary team and seem to be playing better every game. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifs. Show lifs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Everybody Just Chill : I do agree with you about Miami.  They have improved from the beginning of the season and are winning most games by a huge margin.  They are a very scary team and seem to be playing better every game. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Miami still cannot beat the C's because in the playoffs teams adjust from game #1 to game #2 and so on. Right now the Heat come in for a game and are gone the next day. Teams have to continue scouting for the next opponent. In the playoffs things slow down, rotations get shorter and when the Heat face foul trouble what are they going to do? It's all good right now.

As for KG I'm not even concerned about it. I just think the C's are more concerned about getting guys rest and showing other guys IF (with the emphasis on IF) Ainge needs ot make a move. They have a bit of a cushion in the East and Rondo is coming back. We all know Ainge likes to make moves around the deadline so I'm not sure why some are on bridges. We've seen this before. They learned a lot about KGs last injury and have said time and time again that rest and being healthy in April is more important than January. Relax, people on this board adore BBD so now he's going to get starter minutes. This also means that Harangody needs to be ready too. Give teams a chance to see him as well.

Next man up!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Miami still cannot beat the C's because in the playoffs teams adjust from game #1 to game #2 and so on.

Bias--you will eat your word. Don't be too sure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Oh geez we have another person that is scared and needs a dog. Explain why you think the Heat can beat the C's instead of just saying I may eat my words.

Do you realize how the playoffs go? Teams know each others sets and size takes over.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Miami scares me and nothing is certain, but I think Bias has a valid point about foul trouble. Also, the Heat have no answer for Rondo or Shaq. Assuming KG really isn't hurt badly, I like our chances. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Most likely, 2 wks out with strained calf muscle.  One month if docs want to be xtra cautious.
    Just a guess, but based on what I saw and KG's history.
    Maybe the worst of it will be KG's psyche.  He may go back to being cautious with his liftoffs for awhile.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Not for nothing, but the year before last the C's told us that KG was ok and would be fine.  I think they fibbed a bit.  I am hoping and wishing that it is just a calf strain. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I would not be surprised if KG missed 2 - 3 weeks with whatever injury the Celtics want to use this time.

Then again, I would not be surprised if the Celtics were less than forthright in reporting his injury and KG is out for the balance of the season.  Hopefully, they will address this injury different from the last one.

They may report a strained calf muscle now only for him to return in a couple weeks with an obviously more serious injury (they used spurs already).  Then he'll be out again and that will last until late in the season (see 2008/2009 season).

I just hope I'm wrong because we're done if we have to lay our hopes for this season on the shoulders of the O'Neals.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

[QUOTE]Miami scares me and nothing is certain, but I think Bias has a valid point about foul trouble. Also, the Heat have no answer for Rondo or Shaq. Assuming KG really isn't hurt badly, I like our chances. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

heat have no answer for who we put at PF. i mean paul pierce can cover chris bosh. he is horrible.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Oh geez we have another person that is scared and needs a dog. Explain why you think the Heat can beat the C's instead of just saying I may eat my words. Do you realize how the playoffs go? Teams know each others sets and size takes over.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    A. the heat in the first game got wade back after missing the entire preseason...if healthy...look out...just look at the way he is playing right now...plus its not like wade has traditionally struggled against the celtics...
    B. the heat didnt really start to run the ball until the loss against the mavs in dallas...now that they have that running rythem...with the two best finishers in the game today...good luck keeping up
    C. the heat are playing as good defensively as the celtics are right now...the getting to know ya thing swings both ways and we will be well aware of where ray allen is
    D. i think joel anthony is on the verge of being let go and with miller back at SG/SF, haslem back in april and dexter pittman coming in for joel anthony...the heat will be bigger...and its not like lebron and wade are bad rebounders either

all that said...should be a heck of a series if all healthy for both sides

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Everybody Just Chill : heat have no answer for who we put at PF. i mean paul pierce can cover chris bosh. he is horrible.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]
    i hope doc agrees with you...were you watching when bosh was terrorizing gasol and bynum?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Oh geez we have another person that is scared and needs a dog. Explain why you think the Heat can beat the C's instead of just saying I may eat my words. Do you realize how the playoffs go? Teams know each others sets and size takes over.

talent takes over too

like how much more talented i.e. younger/quicker/stronger Wade/LBJ are to Ray/Pierce

Yes Rondo is more talented than their PG's as well to help even it out

KG before last night was going to be just as good as Bosh, who knows now

but just b/c we have Shaq/Perk size doesn't mean we have the be all end all playoff equalizer

At 100% health and homecourt we should win, at 100% health and Miami homecourt anything can still happen esp if the refs let us play, at less than 1005 health and no homecourt we lose, with no KG we lose in the 2nd rd again

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Miami still cannot beat the C's because in the playoffs teams adjust from game #1 to game #2 and so on. Bias--you will eat your word. Don't be too sure.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Bias this may be your most idiotic post yet. Because teams adjust there is no way the Heat can beat the C's?  Whatever you smoking pass it around cause your getting way to much of it.

Your other comment about you don't know why people are on bridges, etc.  Your the one that looks like they are ready to jump off a bridge. Everyday you have some off the wall trade scenario that 95% of the time makes no sense and gets rid of our assets.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Just wait. The NBA season is too long. Too many back to back games. Just wait, and may god bless KG. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

Lebron James has never accumulated more than 4 fouls in a game in 2 and a half years.  I dont think this trend is going to discontinue soon.  He is obviously favored by the refs.

In terms of Miami in the playoffs.  I think they have 4 major holes:
    1.  They dont have a good distributor.  Carlos Arroyos is a body but we all know that Lebron plays the point guard role.  IMO, Lebron makes bad decisions a lot.  But one might say this isnt that important, because Lakers have won two championships in a row the past two seasons without a good PG.
    2.  They don't have a single player that can play in the post (both offensively and defensively).  This is a glaring deficiency.  Specially because in the playoffs they will have to face the likes of Duncan, Shaq, Howard, Gasol and KG.
    3.  They have one of the worst benches in the league.
    4.  They are extremely thin on the big man spots.

Can they win in the playoffs.  Of course.  But, the stuff I point out above isn't minor.  They will have to overcome it.  Can having Lebron and Wade on the floor at the same time negate this in the half-court setting?  It is definitely possible, but I will say odds are not in their favor.

But I have a feeling, in the playoffs, players on the other teams will constantly be in foul trouble.  Miami won't have to face this problem much.  Just my gut.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Lebron James has never accumulated more than 4 fouls in a game in 2 and a half years.  I dont think this trend is going to discontinue soon.  He is obviously favored by the refs. In terms of Miami in the playoffs.  I think they have 4 major holes: 1.  They dont have a good distributor.  Carlos Arroyos is a body but we all know that Lebron plays the point guard role.  IMO, Lebron makes bad decisions a lot.  But one might say this isnt that important, because Lakers have won two championships in a row the past two seasons without a good PG. 2.  They don't have a single player that can play in the post (both offensively and defensively).  This is a glaring deficiency.  Specially because in the playoffs they will have to face the likes of Duncan, Shaq, Howard, Gasol and KG. 3.  They have one of the worst benches in the league. 4.  They are extremely thin on the big man spots. Can they win in the playoffs.  Of course.  But, the stuff I point out above isn't minor.  They will have to overcome it.  Can having Lebron and Wade on the floor at the same time negate this in the half-court setting?  It is definitely possible, but I will say odds are not in their favor. But I have a feeling, in the playoffs, players on the other teams will constantly be in foul trouble.  Miami won't have to face this problem much.  Just my gut.
    Posted by bilalkazmi[/QUOTE]
    1. wade and lebron are both good passers...because they dont have a main guy as a distributor is a plus for this team IMO
    2. bosh's post game is developing...but he had no trouble with gasol on christmas and has played well this year as the 3rd option...and he says he is dedicating himself to being a better rebounder in the 2nd half...and the heat are already a good rebounding team due largely to effort and not size
    3. haslem, miller, jones and anthony/magloire/pittman and chalmers is not a bad bench and the bigs can use up their fouls on guys like shaq...in fact...if i was the heat...id foul shaq everytime he touches the ball come playoff time
    4. all the big men have to do is not let people into the middle, they do that...and good luck to everyone else 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Excellent post, Kirk, but you're not going to stop the panic.  Last year it was "fire Doc, trade Ray, blow up the team, etc" and that was only after we had KG and Paul still injured.  This year, eventhough we have the 2nd or 3rd best record, we have some injuries so you know you'll hear it all again.

Celtics nation has a number of fans who just panic way before the fact.  We just can't have faith in our team.  After seeing this team accomplish more than we thought they could the first year, playing a great second year w/o garnett, show tremendous true grit the 3rd year with multiple injuries (7th game of Finals and 4 points), we still panic.

You and I and a few others will chill and see the team recover well.  I have faith.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I said it from the jump as soon as I saw how dramatic KG was acting AND WALKING I thought to myself this is about rest. JON looked weak and uninterested vs the Pacers the other night. JON said that KG told him after that game "we're going to need everyone". I think KG is injured but it may be more exaggerated than it looks. In other words it's time for the O'Neals, Quis, BBD to step up and collectively make the team better and not sit back and expect KG to pull down a ton of minutes. Isn't it a coincidence that as soon as Rondo comes back KG goes out...maybe, maybe not. At some point during the year PP and RA will also "tweak a leg" so this team is fresh in April. Keep in mind the C's have one goal in mind. Wasn't it about this time last year when KG was kicked in the leg and sat out 2-3 weeks. Injuries do happen but I don't think this an injury such as Perk's.

Get off the bridge now please!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I said it from the jump as soon as I saw how dramatic KG was acting AND WALKING I thought to myself this is about rest. JON looked weak and uninterested vs the Pacers the other night. JON said that KG told him after that game "we're going to need everyone". I think KG is injured but it may be more exaggerated than it looks. In other words it's time for the O'Neals, Quis, BBD to step up and collectively make the team better and not sit back and expect KG to pull down a ton of minutes. Isn't it a coincidence that as soon as Rondo comes back KG goes out...maybe, maybe not. At some point during the year PP and RA will also "tweak a leg" so this team is fresh in April. Keep in mind the C's have one goal in mind. Wasn't it about this time last year when KG was kicked in the leg and sat out 2-3 weeks. Injuries do happen but I don't think this an injury such as Perk's. Get off the bridge now please!!

Whatever drugs you're taking it's working. Your being obnoxious is way off the charts tonight.

HAHAHA!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gettek. Show gettek's posts

Give KG all the time he needs.  We don't need him in December... We need him in May/June..  As they proved last year, this team is capable of "flickin a switch" and being truly dominant.    Doc knows this.  He'll use it to his advantage.  The guy really knows this team and knows what they need to be healthy when it matters.

Sections
Shortcuts