Everything buddybuddy in lala lakerland

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Everything buddybuddy in lala lakerland

schadenfreude is on the  menu

bon appetit

Jackson wanted to humiliate Lakers vice president Jim Buss far more than he wanted to coach the team. He wanted significant allowances on travel, coaching duties and an ability to veto player personnel moves that didn't fit his vision. With an unprecedented 11 coaching championships, Jackson had every right to make unprecedented demands. He doesn't have the right to be surprised when the Lakers rejected them and hired a pliable, cheaper coach in Mike D'Antoni.

"Phil wanted Jim Buss to walk away with his tail between his legs," one source with knowledge of the discussions told Yahoo! Sports. "He thought he had time to still negotiate with them, and see how much they would give him."

Now, the Lakers are going out of their way to spare Jackson the embarrassment of his overreaching, but this is pointless spin. They're working with him to sell the public that he hadn't asked for too much, that somehow the franchise chose D'Antoni over Jackson on sheer merit. It's noble, but laughable. Jackson heard those chants in the Staples Center and never believed the Lakers had the guts to call his bluff before circling back to him on Monday.

link: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/nba/nba-rumors-did-phil-jackson-s-attempt-embarrass-jim-buss-cost-him-lakers-coaching-job

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Everything buddybuddy in lala lakerland

Yes, I have been reading all the analysis about how D'Antoni and Nash will save basketball in LA.  How the Lakers will run pick and roll after pick and roll.  I can see Kobe waiting in the corner for a catch and shoot.  I can see MWP becoming a dead-eye shooter and running a flawless pick and roll.  I can see Kobe moving the ball in one second if the shot is not there (and when is a shot not there for Kobe?).  I can see the game getting longer and none of the starters running out of gas or running into foul trouble.  I can see the Lakers reaching the NBA finals.  I can see Jimmy Buss and Phil Jackson becoming buddies.  LaLa land is in a tizzy.  Bring out the Champagne.  The Lakers deserve to celebrate.

As long a bigger than everybody Jimmy Buss is running the show, the Lakers will have a story to tell.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Second rate all the way in how they do things.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

Yes, I have been reading all the analysis about how D'Antoni and Nash will save basketball in LA.  How the Lakers will run pick and roll after pick and roll.  I can see Kobe waiting in the corner for a catch and shoot.  I can see MWP becoming a dead-eye shooter and running a flawless pick and roll.  I can see Kobe moving the ball in one second if the shot is not there (and when is a shot not there for Kobe?).  I can see the game getting longer and none of the starters running out of gas or running into foul trouble.  I can see the Lakers reaching the NBA finals.  I can see Jimmy Buss and Phil Jackson becoming buddies.  LaLa land is in a tizzy.  Bring out the Champagne.  The Lakers deserve to celebrate.

As long a bigger than everybody Jimmy Buss is running the show, the Lakers will have a story to tell.

You must be one of those Celtics fans that remember when MWP hit that dagger 3 pointer in Pierce's grill to seal the deal in the 2010 NBA Finals. He then proceeded to blow kisses to the fans while the Celtics were sent back to their locker room to engage in a huge cryfest.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Have a very blessed day!

Yep.  the lakers were good three years ago.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

You must be one of those Celtics fans that remember when MWP hit that dagger 3 pointer in Pierce's grill to seal the deal in the 2010 NBA Finals. He then proceeded to blow kisses to the fans while the Celtics were sent back to their locker room to engage in a huge cryfest.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Have a very blessed day!

I guess upgrading from Andrew Bynum to Dwight Howard and from Derrick Fisher to Steve Nash makes them worse.  ROTFLMAO!!! Hope all is well!

Have a very blessed day!

Yeah. I guess it does. This isn't a video game.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

ROTFLMAO!!!

Have a very blessed day!

I guess upgrading from Andrew Bynum to Dwight Howard and from Derrick Fisher to Steve Nash makes them worse.  ROTFLMAO!!! Hope all is well!

Have a very blessed day!

Yeah. I guess it does. This isn't a video game.

Great retort!!!  Anyone with any NBA common sense and any GM for that matter would not take Bynum and Fisher over Howard and Nash, video game or otherwise.

Have an extremely blessed day!

It was a good retort.  Your team is lacking in chemistry.  Hence the video game comment.  They were last year as well.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Hard to judge chemistry at this point. How many games have the Lakers' four core players played together? And now a new coach? Let's give it some time before writing the Lakers' obit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:

Hard to judge chemistry at this point. How many games have the Lakers' four core players played together? And now a new coach? Let's give it some time before writing the Lakers' obit.

They had extremely bad chemistry last year, and this year so far it seems worse.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Plenty of games left for the Lakers to get on track.  I thought that the Howard acquisition would be only a slight upgrade iin that the Lakers had to give up Bynum to get him.  Bynum is a good offensive player while Dwight has sort of peaked despite freakish althleticism.  Nash is a great PG who is also 38.  While I think that the Lakers could be a very good team, only time will tell. 

In the mean time, the whole Brown/Jackson/D'Antoni drama is very strange.  The decision to hire D'Antoni over Jackson reeks of some type of vendetta, and if D'Antoni can come in and implement his system and rule the roost then it will be a good hire.  I am not sure he fits this team at this time, but he is a capable coach. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

They had extremely bad chemistry last year, and this year so far it seems worse.

Sure, but I attribute some of that to Brown's poor leadership. And the roster is very different from last years' team. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Sure, but I attribute some of that to Brown's poor leadership. And the roster is very different from last years' team. 

Well I would not disagree with you.  It is way too early to tell.  But simply just saying this years team is better than 2010 because Howard is better than Bynum and Nash better than Fisher is folly.

This team went 1 and 4 against OKC, then lost every game in pre season and is now 2 and 5.  If it isn't chemistry I have no idea what it is.  But something is wrong.  In a big way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I'm going to hold off on the panic button. Get D'Antoni in place and Howard, Nash, Gasol and Kobe on the floor together. Then let's see if they go 2-5.

Personally I don't see it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Here is a analysis on why Dantoni would be a better fit than Jackson

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8625980/east-side-mike-dantoni-was-right-call-los-angeles-lakers

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

Bottom line a good coach should be able to win at least 50 games with this team despite having very little bench skill. The starting 5 is terrific we have to admit that. It is. The reality is they are not deep enough for a playoff run. If they are serious about winning you may see them trade gasol for two guys that are the a tier down from him simply to add depth and too fit D'Antoni's style. Gasol is the only tradable piece they have. Nobody's taking Kobe's 30mil.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8625980/east-side-mike-dantoni-was-right-call-los-angeles-lakers

Yes, but Nash is not 26 anymore, and you have NO backup who can run this offense.  Nash always had good backups.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Not a lot of spot up jump shooters on this team.  D'Antoni had Amare, Nash, Diaw.... true, Kobe is one of the best ever, but without a competent backup or a bench, this might just be a Band-Aid move.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I'm going to hold off on the panic button. Get D'Antoni in place and Howard, Nash, Gasol and Kobe on the floor together. Then let's see if they go 2-5.

Personally I don't see it.

I don't see it either. the lakers will be good, but better than 2010?  Nope.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:

He's a better fit than Jackson - maybe.  But I didn't think D'Antoni was a great fit because his teams don't play D and because the Lakers' bench is pretty barren.  And relying on a 38 y.o. PG to carry the load in minutes might be a bit much to ask.

Who knows?  The Lakers have talent.  Whether they can get a piece or two more to put them over the top?  It's possible. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

In 2010 they had a bench. 2012-2013 they don't.

Sections
Shortcuts