Excellent!!!! we got the 5th spot!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Excellent!!!! we got the 5th spot!!!

We lost the coin flip w/Jazz and now we have the 5th spot, which has won the 1st selection more than any other spot than the #3. Look it up. Wiggins, Parker or Embiid ? My choice is Embiid. What's yours

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Re: Excellent!!!! we got the 5th spot!!!

1. Parker

2. Embiid

3. Wiggins

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I don't want to have a favorite until we know what out pick will be...then I will have a fave until DA trades away our pick, be it a real person we've chosen or the position in the draft itself...methinks DA is up to something

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the tie-breaker goes into effect only if NEITHER the Celtics NOR the Jazz get a top three pick after the ping-pong balls have stopped tumbling.

If that should be the case, THEN Utah will pick in the 4 slot and we will pick in the 5 slot.

I'm not dreaming that, am I?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but the tie-breaker goes into effect only if NEITHER the Celtics NOR the Jazz get a top three pick after the ping-pong balls have stopped tumbling."

Almost correct. The Jazz also got one more ping pong ball, which means our odds of getting a 1-3 pick went down just slightly (talking decimal points here) and the Jazz's odds of scoring a 1-3 pick went up (again decimal points). 

But as you say, the tiebreaker really goes into effect (and hurts us) if both the Jazz and the Celts are not in the top three.Then we have to pick behind the Jazz. 

Hopefully we won't have to think about that. I'm optimistic but like Mel I'm not going to get my player dibs in until I know when we are drafting...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I decided to do an entire first round mock, obviously these should wait until after the 20th, but I wanted to see how things shook out if I had the C's and Jazz get into the top 3 and I threw in a two trades I saw helping both teams:

1. Jazz -  Parker, he might just be a star who will stay in that state for a career based on his religion and high character/ego-less personality

2. Sixers - Wiggins over Embiid b/c they have Noel/Moultrie at PF/C

3. Celtics - Embiid, setting up an Atlantic Division rivalry of former college teammates and allowing Danny to not have to make a tough choice if he was at 1 or 2

4. Lakers - Dante Exum - Bucks trade their pick to Lakers for some sort of future asset (maybe Kendall Marshall?) Lakers select Exum, who spends June bullying his way onto them the way Kobe once did

5. Magic - Marcus Smart - They get the guy they'd have taken #2 last year to form a dynamic backcourt with Oladipo 

6. Bucks - Gary Harris - Hensen's presence makes Randle/Vonleh hard to select, a good shooter to put next to the Greek Freak and (in this scenario) a great passer in Kendell Marshall. No top 3 pick means, as always, the Bucks lose.

7. Kings - Randle or Vonleh

8. Suns - Aaron Gordon - Pistons trade pick to Suns for combo of later picks/young players, Example: Gerald Green and picks 14 and 27 and the Suns select the local boy to be their next Shawn Marion

9. Cleveland - Randle or Vonleh (probably will accept offers for this pick, they need a SF if Deng walks)

10. Philly (from Pelicans) - Kyle Anderson

11. Denver - James Young

12. Orlando (from Denver) - Dario Saric or Adreian Payne

13. Minnesota - Doug McDermott (They get the next Wally Z! Who unfortunately isn't nearly as fast/athletic and Wally was not known for being super fast or athletic)

14. Pistons (from Suns) - Glenn Robinson III (a reach here, but it is for a major positional need and local kid)

15. Atlanta - Tyler Ennis

16. Chicago - Dario Saric or Adreian Payne

17. Phoenix - Nik Stauskas - John Hornacek will love a kid that plays like him and Danny Ainge, will likely never be as good as either of them, but will be a bench guard who can shoot light out for MANY years

18. Boston - Rodney Hood is probably going to come out. Let's assume he does (if not I'd put TJ Warren here). Not happy at this spot. High bust potential for Hood. Early would be my choice as SF of the future but I'd bet on Ainge picking the 20 year old over the 23 year old. Zach LaVine and PJ Hairston are my sleepers here.

19. Chicago - Shabazz Napier - My boy Baz ends up in the perfect situation as he can step right onto a tough playoff team with his kind of attitude and help ease Rose back into the lineup. Then he's a great backup who can even let Rose play some SG down the road.

20. Toronto - Zach LaVine - A kid with lotto potential for a team who will probably lose their PG and best player to free agency. Lowry has been out of this world but Vazquez and LaVine would be a nice pair of tall skilled guards for the future

21. Memphis - Cleanthony Early - A winner who can play right away like Baz, he can learn behind Prince for a year on a playoff team and then probably takeover as their starting SF for a long time (Warren if Boston goes with Hood could go here)

22. Oklahoma City (from Dallas) - Markel Brown - Makes a lot of sense for them to pick the OSU grad, he's ready to be in a rotation right now, his fast athletic game is perfect for that system and he is a high character hard worker. 

23. Utah (from Golden State) - Vasilje Micic - A 6'5" amazing passer to backup the shorter Burke and occasionally move to SG, from Serbia he'd likely be comfortable with Utah's lack of nightlife and the presence of Kanter. If Utah doesn't get Parker I see them taking Gordon at 4/5 so PG/SG still the need. 

24. Charlotte - Elfrid Payton

25. Houston - Warren (if Hood comes out Warren could still be around) or Jerami Grant. Earky would be great here, an ideal spot for him.

26. Miami - Jarnell Stokes, aggressive but undersized PF who can play right away and would find a niche on a team like Miami. Similar player to Haslem who is in steep decline.

27. Detroit (from Phoenix via Indiana) - Semaj Christon - I don't think they like Brandon Jennings that much so they might as well draft a headstrong PG with the opposite game to Jennings (pass can't shoot)

28. LA Clippers - Jordan Clarkson or Nick Johnson, either is a good fit glue guy combo-guard ready to contribute to a playoff team PG/SG to replace Crawford eventually

29. Oklahoma City - Jusef Nurkic or Clint Capela (stashed in Europe for a year until Perk's contract is up)

30. San Antonio - Whoever is left of those two. A guy to come over in 1-2 years and learn behind Duncan for a season or so and then slowly contribute

LOTS of talented guards left in the 31-41 range. Too bad the Celtics don't have a 2nd round pick. But, I guess it is alls well that ends well as Olynyk is a good player.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I decided to do an entire first round mock, obviously these should wait until after the 20th, but I wanted to see how things shook out if I had the C's and Jazz get into the top 3 and I threw in a two trades I saw helping both teams:

1. Jazz -  Parker, he might just be a star who will stay in that state for a career based on his religion and high character/ego-less personality

2. Sixers - Wiggins over Embiid b/c they have Noel/Moultrie at PF/C

3. Celtics - Embiid, setting up an Atlantic Division rivalry of former college teammates and allowing Danny to not have to make a tough choice if he was at 1 or 2

4. Lakers - Dante Exum - Bucks trade their pick to Lakers for some sort of future asset (maybe Kendall Marshall?) Lakers select Exum, who spends June bullying his way onto them the way Kobe once did

5. Magic - Marcus Smart - They get the guy they'd have taken #2 last year to form a dynamic backcourt with Oladipo 

6. Bucks - Gary Harris - Hensen's presence makes Randle/Vonleh hard to select, a good shooter to put next to the Greek Freak and (in this scenario) a great passer in Kendell Marshall. No top 3 pick means, as always, the Bucks lose.

7. Kings - Randle or Vonleh

8. Suns - Aaron Gordon - Pistons trade pick to Suns for combo of later picks/young players, Example: Gerald Green and picks 14 and 27 and the Suns select the local boy to be their next Shawn Marion

9. Cleveland - Randle or Vonleh (probably will accept offers for this pick, they need a SF if Deng walks)

10. Philly (from Pelicans) - Kyle Anderson

11. Denver - James Young

12. Orlando (from Denver) - Dario Saric or Adreian Payne

13. Minnesota - Doug McDermott (They get the next Wally Z! Who unfortunately isn't nearly as fast/athletic and Wally was not known for being super fast or athletic)

14. Pistons (from Suns) - Glenn Robinson III (a reach here, but it is for a major positional need and local kid)

15. Atlanta - Tyler Ennis

16. Chicago - Dario Saric or Adreian Payne

17. Phoenix - Nik Stauskas - John Hornacek will love a kid that plays like him and Danny Ainge, will likely never be as good as either of them, but will be a bench guard who can shoot light out for MANY years

18. Boston - Rodney Hood is probably going to come out. Let's assume he does (if not I'd put TJ Warren here). Not happy at this spot. High bust potential for Hood. Early would be my choice as SF of the future but I'd bet on Ainge picking the 20 year old over the 23 year old. Zach LaVine and PJ Hairston are my sleepers here.

19. Chicago - Shabazz Napier - My boy Baz ends up in the perfect situation as he can step right onto a tough playoff team with his kind of attitude and help ease Rose back into the lineup. Then he's a great backup who can even let Rose play some SG down the road.

20. Toronto - Zach LaVine - A kid with lotto potential for a team who will probably lose their PG and best player to free agency. Lowry has been out of this world but Vazquez and LaVine would be a nice pair of tall skilled guards for the future

21. Memphis - Cleanthony Early - A winner who can play right away like Baz, he can learn behind Prince for a year on a playoff team and then probably takeover as their starting SF for a long time (Warren if Boston goes with Hood could go here)

22. Oklahoma City (from Dallas) - Markel Brown - Makes a lot of sense for them to pick the OSU grad, he's ready to be in a rotation right now, his fast athletic game is perfect for that system and he is a high character hard worker. 

23. Utah (from Golden State) - Vasilje Micic - A 6'5" amazing passer to backup the shorter Burke and occasionally move to SG, from Serbia he'd likely be comfortable with Utah's lack of nightlife and the presence of Kanter. If Utah doesn't get Parker I see them taking Gordon at 4/5 so PG/SG still the need. 

24. Charlotte - Elfrid Payton

25. Houston - Warren (if Hood comes out Warren could still be around) or Jerami Grant. Earky would be great here, an ideal spot for him.

26. Miami - Jarnell Stokes, aggressive but undersized PF who can play right away and would find a niche on a team like Miami. Similar player to Haslem who is in steep decline.

27. Detroit (from Phoenix via Indiana) - Semaj Christon - I don't think they like Brandon Jennings that much so they might as well draft a headstrong PG with the opposite game to Jennings (pass can't shoot)

28. LA Clippers - Jordan Clarkson or Nick Johnson, either is a good fit glue guy combo-guard ready to contribute to a playoff team PG/SG to replace Crawford eventually

29. Oklahoma City - Jusef Nurkic or Clint Capela (stashed in Europe for a year until Perk's contract is up)

30. San Antonio - Whoever is left of those two. A guy to come over in 1-2 years and learn behind Duncan for a season or so and then slowly contribute

LOTS of talented guards left in the 31-41 range. Too bad the Celtics don't have a 2nd round pick. But, I guess it is alls well that ends well as Olynyk is a good player.

[/QUOTE]

lol. Rame, you crack me up. I swear, if we put all your posts into 1 big post, you'd make Leo Tolstoys' "War and Peace" look like a comic book.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

^Doc, Lol!  Nice work by Rame, I would be psyched to Embiid at the 3rd pick.  I think we officially have the #17 now though.  And my sleeper KJ McDaniels will probably be better than half those guys listed here.  My other prediction is McBuckets will be a cross between Luke Harangody and Adam Morrison.  If the Celts take him with the first pick I will be inconsolable. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't want to have a favorite until we know what out pick will be...then I will have a fave until DA trades away our pick, be it a real person we've chosen or the position in the draft itself...methinks DA is up to something

[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya Melly!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

If the Celtics end up at #5 I'd be pleased with Exum or Gordon. Gordon's defensive ability can't go unnoticed, really lethal in transition, and is in the top 3 in terms of explosiveness. The more tape I watch of him the more I think the Faried comp is actually a good one. Gordon never stops hustling. I've almost talked myself into taking him at #4. The Celtics could use his energy.

Once you get out of the top-6 things get much murkier. I think Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Exum, Gordon, and Randle could all end up being impact players down the road. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya Melly!

[/QUOTE]

RALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

What's up man...where ya been? It's time to get to work! This draft and the NFL draft...good times, good times...LOL!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya Melly!

[/QUOTE]

What's up man...where ya been? It's time to get to work! This draft and the NFL draft...good times, good times...LOL!

[/QUOTE]

Yo Brutha, been a travelin' man lately. SO DAMNED HAPPY that this painful, yet necessary season has come to an end. I am certainly looking for DA to work some magic to get our C's back into the mix. I can't imagine having to watch a tank job in 2014-15. If any GM can pull some strings and make us relevant again in the short term, it is DA. I truly believe he will give it a shot. US REAL BOSTON FANS don't have much patience for losing teams. THOSE DAYS ARE GONE! Finger crossed.........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You may be right.  Ainge is a risk taker and he maybe trying to change this team by trading for someone who could be a difference maker next year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I like Rams picks with Embiid  and one of the bunch at 17.  I lke exum and possibly Capella as other choices especially if we trade Rondo. Need to get a high pick and a player for Rondo though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

If we end up getting the 5th pick and the big three and Exum are gone by then AND we keep the pick, then I wouldn't mind Smart or Vonleh.  If we take Smart with that pick, then I hope Payne is there at 17.  If we take Vonleh with that pick, then I hope Anderson is there at 17.  I wouldn't mind a Smart and Anderson draft either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we end up getting the 5th pick and the big three and Exum are gone by then AND we keep the pick, then I wouldn't mind Smart or Vonleh.  If we take Smart with that pick, then I hope Payne is there at 17.  If we take Vonleh with that pick, then I hope Anderson is there at 17.  I wouldn't mind a Smart and Anderson draft either.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about Anderson. I know that the top 3 picks are Embiid(C), Parker (F) and Wiggens (G). We need a center and with the controversy of should we trade Rondo and A. Bradley & Pressey & Bayless are a dime per dozen, we should pick a Guard too. Yup, 6'8" Wiggens would be ideal but I really enjoyed watching Kyle Anderson until UCLA got knocked out. Like Wiggens, he's tall. He is a sophomore but I think he declared himself for the draft yet in so many posts about potential picks, I don't see his name mentioned.

At 6'9", Anderson, like Wiggens, towers over most opposing point guards. He appears to lack energy at times but still quick enough to lead the fast break. He's thin but strong enough to fight for rebounds. He seeks more to pass as a good G playing QB should do assisting the offense than shoot, but often he's light's out from 3-point range.

His stats: 14.9 points, 8.8 rebounds and 6.6 assists per game — closer to a triple-double than any other player in the country, according to UCLA's research.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Trade the 5 pick for lower pick and payer or multiple picks.  After looking at the guys until I am dizzy, I have concluded that we can get what we need at the 7 to 17  picks just as easy as we can with the 5 pick.  The draft is loaded at 7 through 17 and we already have 17.  1-4 will get the cream.   Also depends on who falls to number five.  Truth is after the first four are gone , some of the guys from 7 to 17 fit us very good.  Or combine the 17 pick with Green and get Monroe.  Draft Gordon.  Monroe and Gordon would be very good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

only it's impossible for the Lakers to get the #4 pick and it's impossible for the Bucks to get the #6 pick.

[/QUOTE]

"4. Lakers - Dante Exum - Bucks trade their pick to Lakers."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm with ya Melly!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yo Brutha, been a travelin' man lately. SO DAMNED HAPPY that this painful, yet necessary season has come to an end. I am certainly looking for DA to work some magic to get our C's back into the mix. I can't imagine having to watch a tank job in 2014-15. If any GM can pull some strings and make us relevant again in the short term, it is DA. I truly believe he will give it a shot. US REAL BOSTON FANS don't have much patience for losing teams. THOSE DAYS ARE GONE! Finger crossed.........

[/QUOTE]

10-4 Dan Matthews, 10-4.....read that loud and clear..it's time for DA to do his thing...this NBA just isn't that strong...a decent , tough team can win it all....The Heat is getting ready to fall apart, Lebron wants to move on and Wade is getting worse each year, although he's primed for this run...Indy hasn't got the guts to win and has no real desire....OKC and San Antonio are tough but not tough enough...old style Eastern Conference bball can win in a walk.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

only it's impossible for the Lakers to get the #4 pick and it's impossible for the Bucks to get the #6 pick.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are, unfortunately, probably right.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are, unfortunately, probably right.

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't making a prediction.  Just correcting one of the room's least knowledgeable fans, Mossad: The Friendly Terrorist.  Mossadahamahamahamadd- go stand on Boylston with a backpack!