Excuses

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Excuses

ITs strikes me as funny how many people use the phrase "NO EXCUSES"

Like we cant use an excuse that Rondo & Shaq couldnt play because they were hurt... or the refs sucked.... etc, etc

Yet those same people will tell you the REASON we lost was poor rebounding, missed shots and so on

EXCUSE defined:  A REASON or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense

The no-excuse point of view seems to be some testosterone driven mantra that real men/women can never use or be viewed weak and soft. 

What about missing your friends surprise anniversary party because the invitation was mailed without a stamp and you never received it? Well, thats no excuse... you should have been there... you mean to say a stamp kept you from coming to the party?? Ridiculous..  If you were a good fried, you would hve found a way to know..

Thats what sports has been reduced to... Rondo played badly but he wont use his limp arm as an excuse... so are we to believe him?? That his snapped in the wrong direction elbow didnt effect his play??  

Wheres the common sense ? Does everyone always need to whip it out and show who's got the biggest?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Excuses

Nice post.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

You can hope that the plays called by the refs even out over a game. Unless you have one like Tim Donaghy that is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think the reason the Celtics lost is because they're older and they were outplayed in critical moments in 4 of 5 games.  Not an excuse, it's reality.  I'd rather take the high road and congratulate the Heat for making the plays when it mattered.  The Celtics had every chance to be tied 2-2 going into last night but the Heat executed and they didn't. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In Response to Re: Excuses:
    [QUOTE]I think the reason the Celtics lost is because they're older and they were outplayed in critical moments in 4 of 5 games.  Not an excuse, it's reality.  I'd rather take the high road and congratulate the Heat for making the plays when it mattered.  The Celtics had every chance to be tied 2-2 going into last night but the Heat executed and they didn't. 
    osted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Excuses:
    [QUOTE]ITs strikes me as funny how many people use the phrase "NO EXCUSES" Like we cant use an excuse that Rondo & Shaq couldnt play because they were hurt... or the refs sucked.... etc, etc Yet those same people will tell you the REASON we lost was poor rebounding, missed shots and so on EXCUSE defined:  A REASON or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense The no-excuse point of view seems to be some testosterone driven mantra that real men/women can never use or be viewed weak and soft.  What about missing your friends surprise anniversary party because the invitation was mailed without a stamp and you never received it? Well, thats no excuse... you should have been there... you mean to say a stamp kept you from coming to the party?? Ridiculous..  If you were a good fried, you would hve found a way to know.. Thats what sports has been reduced to... Rondo played badly but he wont use his limp arm as an excuse... so are we to believe him?? That his snapped in the wrong direction elbow didnt effect his play??   Wheres the common sense ? Does everyone always need to whip it out and show who's got the biggest?
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Interesting, Karlost, and I have liked some of your other posts. Unfortunately, I think you may be "preaching to the choir" though, because most people understand the distinction you have raised, and it is mostly trolls who jump on legitimate comments or observations and label them "excuses".