Expectations Are Too High

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

Re: Expectations Are Too High

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Come on, 10 new players, it takes time.

Let's face it, when the Celts first got KG and Ray, it was supposed to be a 3-year window. Then after 2010, it became a 5-year window.

The Celts' Big 3 of KG, Pierce, and Ray had their shot in 2010. Anything beyond 2010 is a bonus.

Why?

KG is 36 years old.

Pierce is 35.

Ray is no longer a Celtic.

[/QUOTE]

yes i agree with u.  what really bothers me is when the local radio and tv people say this team is going places.  # 2 behind miami they say.  if they would only admit this ant going to happen, then i could live with the losses .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The fact remains we have struggled with teams in every game. The Wizards and 76'ers are younger than we are and we see the age and lack of help up front.  The biggest problem I see though is the reliance on Pierce who is prone to turnovers and gaffes even when he gets his points.  The kicker is that there is no one else but Pierce to take the responsibility of the offense. The Green's and Lee's are not going to supply that at least not right now.  We are stuck in time warp and the players on other teams are younger and better.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The fact remains we have struggled with teams in every game. The Wizards and 76'ers are younger than we are and we see the age and lack of help up front.  The biggest problem I see though is the reliance on Pierce who is prone to turnovers and gaffes even when he gets his points.  The kicker is that there is no one else but Pierce to take the responsibility of the offense. The Green's and Lee's are not going to supply that at least not right now.  We are stuck in time warp and the players on other teams are younger and better.

[/QUOTE]

Green is supposed to be the next Celtic star. But so far he's more Derrick McKey than James Worthy.

If the Celts don't improve, Ainge can trade Bass, Lee, and Green. Those 3 players will total 20m in salaries. 

Getting 1 All-Star caliber is better than having 3 good players.

The ideal would be Josh Smith or Al Jefferson. But Amare could be that scorer the Celts are looking for.

We'll know more in 2 months.

[/QUOTE]
    You may be right about a trade.  Although, if the players that the Celtics trade aren't very good, no other team is going to want them either.  Getting Josh Smith or Al Jefferson would be an upgrade.  Just not sure that it would happen. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Just read the whole thread............didn't see one excuse on there....like, you know..."we have 77 games left".....THAT would be lame!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

Expectations equals respect.  We always criticise the media for a lack of respect, and now we are criticising them for giving us to much respect. 

"Hey, don't give us that much repect, we don't deserve it."  Haha

Is this the OP's way of saying nicely the Celtics suxs.

Either the Celtics are a contender, or they are pretenders...there's no middle ground.

Are they contenders or pretenders?  Stop flip flopping let's hear it Celtic nation.

Rebuilding or retool..whatever... is just another word for we sux.  Crappy teams rebuild.  Good teams Contend.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If you expect this team to win over 50 games, be a top seed but not THE top seed in the East and give Miami a fight before likely losing to them in the playoffs.... then your expectations should not be considered too high.

That is what I (and Fierce too of course) felt this team was going to be all summer. 6 games isn'y going to change my mind, although maybe it has changed his. We both agree they are one frontcourt upgrade away from being a serious contender, which I started mentioning back in August and sid we'd of course have to wait until Avery returned and Bass/Lee were eligible to be dealt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You may be right about a trade.  Although, if the players that the Celtics trade aren't very good, no other team is going to want them either.  Getting Josh Smith or Al Jefferson would be an upgrade.  Just not sure that it would happen. 

[/QUOTE]

That's why Amare is a possibility. 

The Knicks are playing so well without Amare. His contract is not cap friendly. So if the Knicks want to dump his salary, the Knicks would want role players for him.

Last season the Knicks also played well without Amare. Clearly Amare is not a good fit for the Knicks anymore.

[/QUOTE]

would take smith or jefferson (though of course one would assume that signing them long term would be part of the deal if you're giving up a number of players), but wouldn't touch stoudemire. if you're going to take on max guys they should be players who can stay on the court. stoudemire can obviously score in bunches, but he's not a great rebounder for his size (especially at the 5) and doesn't play a lick of defense. he's also a black hole on O. don't think he'd be a good fit here... great derrick mckey comparison. though mckey was a much better defender than green they share a similar presence on the court. both players with some outstanding physical gifts who play passively and smaller than their size... also, completely agree about the time frame. it's all gravy now and ainge did an amazing job piecing this together. it's obviously been disappointing so far, but there were a few signs of life in the second half tonight, and it might just be that it'll take them awhile to figure it out. there's a long way to go and a lot of players to feel out. you can see the disarray on both ends of the court, but regardless of how good or bad they wind up being, that won't continue throughout the season. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

trade for al jefferson now!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Danny won't be trading for Amare.  I will be happy to eat my words if so. Danny IMO isn't trading for a player of Amare pay and Amare health is so bad he can't be insured.  Aint happening.  Unless of course I heard wrong about being able to insure him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

They are 3 and 3 after 6 games.

Not much reason to freak out until January.

The Lakers HAD to freak out because they and their fans were building themselves up to be one of the best teams ever.

I see this years team as a 50 win team that will have a shot in the playoffs, that's what I thought before the season and that's what I still think now.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are 3 and 3 after 6 games.

Not much reason to freak out until January.

The Lakers HAD to freak out because they and their fans were building themselves up to be one of the best teams ever.

I see this years team as a 50 win team that will have a shot in the playoffs, that's what I thought before the season and that's what I still think now.

[/QUOTE]

exactly......a lot of new players to workinto the system.

Doc has to learn who he count on and when.

we played the Heat (champs) to a seventh game last year with a injured and poor playing Allen and an injured and NON=Playing Bradley.

this team has more depth.

Miami added Allen and Lewis (while Allen might stay healthy Lewis is done). Allen is getting minutes that Miller got in the past at Miami, os they have improved ionly slightly at best this year.

barring injuries there is no reason Boston shouldn't be battling the heat of the east finals again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I would stay well clear of Amare....risk is simply too high.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Glad this stuff didn't happen. We still have the same players that we're going to get traded last year.  Imagine if we had gotten Amare like one poster wanted.  Ouch!,,

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

[QUOTE]

Glad this stuff didn't happen. We still have the same players that we're going to get traded last year.  Imagine if we had gotten Amare like one poster wanted.  Ouch!,,

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, glad it didn't happen too.

So what's the big deal?

You still upset that KG and Pierce got traded?

I mean didn't you brag to everybody that you would stop posting here for 1 year if KG and Pierce are not with the Celts this season?

Also, good to know that you're spending a lot of time digging up my old posts.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Didn't you say you would quit posting when you LOST your bet with Jamez?  You did lose that bet didn't you?  You think everyone has forgot it but they haven't.

Sections
Shortcuts