expert: "RONDO is the 40th best guard in the league, no way no how would i make him a franchise guy!"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Free-UB. Show Free-UB's posts

expert: "RONDO is the 40th best guard in the league, no way no how would i make him a franchise guy!"

heard this on cowherd from 2 days ago as they were discussing rr. colin is totally against rondo as a catalyst. thinks he's a jabroni and not a guy u can rally your team around. always brings up how tubby smith who could get along with putin and obama at a dinner party at the same table had a tough time with rr. thinks rr has a personality disorder.

the expert who was not named by cowherd (just stated) thinks the longer he's on the team as a leader just a matter of time before he pulls more stunts that totally diminishes his value. thinks the quicker u get rid of him the better. feels there are 40 other guards he would pick BEFORE rr as a PG. they dont see him as a glue guy for a locker room. thnks the relationship with DA and BS is irreparable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: expert:

In response to Free-UB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

heard this on cowherd from 2 days ago as they were discussing rr. colin is totally against rondo as a catalyst. thinks he's a jabroni and not a guy u can rally your team around. always brings up how tubby smith who could get along with putin and obama at a dinner party at the same table had a tough time with rr. thinks rr has a personality disorder.

the expert who was not named by cowherd (just stated) thinks the longer he's on the team as a leader just a matter of time before he pulls more stunts that totally diminishes his value. thinks the quicker u get rid of him the better. feels there are 40 other guards he would pick BEFORE rr as a PG. they dont see him as a glue guy for a locker room. thnks the relationship with DA and BS is irreparable.

[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree with Cowherd on this one, but not with the "40 guards" B.S. hype....I also think Rondo has something wrong upstairs, he does what he wants at the oddest times...he definitely has issues and badly showed Stevens up in front of a bunch of young players just out of college...that's a no-no......they're not saying anything now, trying to let it die down, but they are afraid of lessening his trade value by discliplining him publicly and acting as if the whole thing was a minor deal...it really would have been if he had just called and cleared it with management....sometimes, for a captain, he just doesn't think team first...hopefully this won't harm his trade value...

If we pick a point guard this year in he first round, Rondo is done...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

rondo was out of line w/ his birthday stunt, but he has been a good soldier and has earned leeway. danny and coach brad realize this. colin and his sources will get this tip eventually.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

this is a ridiculous post and whatever scout said this should not have a job as a scout...and it was Chris Broussard who had the article on espn...it was relating to overrated and underated playes... he too is an idiot for putting info like this in any article

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Commie is a tool under yet another new name (Free-UB?)... his 'sources' are all radio personalities like Cowherd who know diddly.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I'm completely satisfied," Ainge said. "I learned some things and I think he learned from this experience. We're moving on."

"I've been around a lot of leaders, and leaders make a lot of mistakes," Ainge said. "Mistakes don't disqualify you from being a leader."

Rondo noted: "I haven't really read much about it. I heard a lot of comments. Nobody knows the story, so [the media can] keep making up every story you guys possibly can."

Rondo was asked: Then, what is the story?

"It's my business"

[/QUOTE]

And making mistakes doesn't make you a good leader, either.....trust me, DA is trying to maintain Rondo's value...I doubt he's on this team same time next year...if he is, he's walking on the C's...DA will never resign this wackjob...nobody but the writer who covers the C's for Boston/ESPN hasn't already thrown Rondo under the bus...heck even the guys on Comcast are saying DA isn't telling the truth and they cover the team...something isn't right on this team right now, and it's NOT just that they suck...Rondo, the mecrucial one, is doing his contrarian thing...

That's fine with me...just insures we get decent draft picks...do you thing Rondy, do your thing!!! We win either way!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Expert = James Dolan (will go to any length)

Good read for you nit-pickers: http://redsarmy.com/2014/02/28/good-will-rondoing/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"heard this on Cowherd" - just stop it. 

Colin is baiting you. This was one anonymous scout's opinion that he didn't even have the stones to go on record with. 

Typical Colin baiting just like he did with John Wall. He doesn't like the NWA style and you shouldn't support him on that. 

Rondo is definitely a top ten point guard when healthy. (Probably not top five though, depends a little if you need a pure point or not)

But point guard is not the most important starting position by any means. And: Rondo has questions of various kinds. We'll find out a lot when we see if he gets a max contract or not. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"DA will never resign this wackjob."

He will if Rondo signs a team friendly contract. But if Rondo shows any signs of holding out and making a high stakes negotation, then yeah, he is done. 

Over on the NFL forum, Sharper is being discussed for assaulting numerous women. Meantime guys in here are hammring Rondo for spending some time with his wife and kids. 

Don't get me wrong Rondo is not the most mature individual but you would think he was the worst dude in the world reading this forum.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"heard this on Cowherd" - just stop it. 

Colin is baiting you. This was one anonymous scout's opinion that he didn't even have the stones to go on record with. 

Typical Colin baiting just like he did with John Wall. He doesn't like the NWA style and you shouldn't support him on that. 

Rondo is definitely a top ten point guard when healthy. (Probably not top five though, depends a little if you need a pure point or not)

But point guard is not the most important starting position by any means. And: Rondo has questions of various kinds. We'll find out a lot when we see if he gets a max contract or not. 

[/QUOTE]

spankee, it doesnt matter anymo if rr wants a team freindly deal. he can do it elsewhere. he really doesnt fit in anymo. he's clearly not a brad guy. doesnt quite fit personality wise or even age wise any mo with the ABs, sullys, kellys or even jeffrey green. add in hump. those 5 guys with even chris johnson all fit in personality and chemistry wise. a leader must b like brady who sets the chemistry tone. i like rondo but methinks u trade him this off-season while he still has value!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Free-UB,

You're mixing together two mostly unrelated events. First - RR didn't go to Sacto to stay with his family for his BD. Second - article in ESPN Insider by Chris Broussard about overrated/underrated players in NBA based on opinion of 3 scouts.

The latter was mentioned by Cowherd. Below is the part related to RR from the original article.

Eastern Conference scout: "Three years ago, I was the only scout saying Rondo is overrated, and I was crucified for it. I was saying he was awful. I think he's a selfish player. He's only going to pass it to you if he thinks he can get an assist. I've seen him come out for pregame warm-ups with his shoes untied, shooting lefty foul shots. For him to come out for a game with that attitude makes me question his work ethic. I've never liked his game.

"If you play with Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen at close to their peak, they're going to raise everyone's game. Defensively, Rondo's a bit of a gambler, and I don't think his defense is all that. If I was starting a team and had my choice of any point guard, he would be 40th. I mean it. I'd take some backups before him."

Besides the ridiculousness of the statement that RR is no better than 39 PGs in NBA, his (scout) statement about RR being selfish and giving pass only to the player who can score is a fine example of stupidity.

AK

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

This whole tempest in a teapot is totally media hyperbole.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Genuinely committed leaders of a team dont pull these kinda stunts. Nobody should be given leeway to make decisions like miss games with any confusion as to why. He is an example a stupid, irresponsible prima dona who doesnt care about anyone but himself. Come on DA, it only gets worse by the week. Leaders do make mistakes, but not ones like this! Screw Rondo. Dump his azz Next chance or you will get what you deserve DA, dysfunction and disorder. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

[QUOTE]

He will if Rondo signs a team friendly contract. But if Rondo shows any signs of holding out and making a high stakes negotation, then yeah, he is done. 

Over on the NFL forum, Sharper is being discussed for assaulting numerous women. Meantime guys in here are hammring Rondo for spending some time with his wife and kids. 

Don't get me wrong Rondo is not the most mature individual but you would think he was the worst dude in the world reading this forum.

[/QUOTE]

Well put.  The venom from some of the posters seems so out of line with the situations.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well put.  The venom from some of the posters seems so out of line with the situations.

[/QUOTE]

This is the TRUTH...and you can't handle the TRUTH!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Genuinely committed leaders of a team dont pull these kinda stunts. Nobody should be given leeway to make decisions like miss games with any confusion as to why. He is an example a stupid, irresponsible prima dona who doesnt care about anyone but himself. Come on DA, it only gets worse by the week. Leaders do make mistakes, but not ones like this! Screw Rondo. Dump his azz Next chance or you will get what you deserve DA, dysfunction and disorder. 

RALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

Rondo is a hideous captain...he pulled an Iverson, isn't half the PG Iverson was, and Iverson got pillaried for "Practice...We're talkin' 'bout Practice!" actions and comment...Rondo lovers want him to skip scott free...he's the Captain...they made him captain to get him plugged into the TEAM...he skipped out on them...the details remain cloudy ON PURPOSE...they let him undercut the new coach...he's causing turmoil for management, and probably the team...nope, the dude is making himself a cancer on the team..but in the end, he's just Rondo being Rondo, like Manny was being Manny...and the Sox finally had enough of Manny.....The C's tried to trade him and probably nobody wanted him...they'll wait until it's a Celtics fire sale because they KNOW he's "eccentric" the way Delonte West was....just Rondo being Rondo...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rondo is a hideous captain...he pulled an Iverson, isn't half the PG Iverson was, and Iverson got pillaried for "Practice...We're talkin' 'bout Practice!" actions and comment...Rondo lovers want him to skip scott free...he's the Captain...they made him captain to get him plugged into the TEAM...he skipped out on them...the details remain cloudy ON PURPOSE...they let him undercut the new coach...he's causing turmoil for management, and probably the team...nope, the dude is making himself a cancer on the team..but in the end, he's just Rondo being Rondo, like Manny was being Manny...and the Sox finally had enough of Manny.....The C's tried to trade him and probably nobody wanted him...they'll wait until it's a Celtics fire sale because they KNOW he's "eccentric" the way Delonte West was....just Rondo being Rondo...

[/QUOTE]

MEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Lets hope WRONGDO BEING GONDO!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

MEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Lets hope WRONGDO BEING GONDO!!!

[/QUOTE]

10-4 chief...it is inevitable!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Rondo completely dismissed his coach when he did this.  Horrible thing to do to a guy in his first year with a young team.  Wallace said he had no problem with it. So maybe it's not the way it looks.  But I think Rondo will dismiss Stevens again in the future.  Only a matter of time. I don't think he looks to Stevens as a basketball authority or even an equal for that matter, and that from time to time it will show in damaging ways.

I love Rondo's game, but he's seeming more and more to be a selfish jerk, and I'm over it.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i am very much not a rondo fan.  but 40 point guards in the league better than him...........  is a bit unrealistic. 

the analysis must have been inside a vacuum of FT% and perhaps career-long shot charts?  i don't know.  but i don't think rondo is that bad.

that said, i think he is a major multi-aspect PLAGUE to have around next year- contrat year where he's pocketing 13 million.  he will NOT sustain his 75% free throw shooting, he is absolutley not worth that 13 and a raise beyond that.  he frankly never earned the 10M extension danny gave him, bidding against no others.

so keeping rondo the full year and letting him walk will be a freak show guaranteed.  did we just ask too much for him or did nobody want him in this last trading cycle?  either way, he should have been gone already.  please do it in the offseason danny or i'm afraid you will sign this disorganized skill set primadonna for another out of whack ill advised contract of $ and duration

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo completely dismissed his coach when he did this.  Horrible thing to do to a guy in his first year with a young team.  Wallace said he had no problem with it. So maybe it's not the way it looks.  But I think Rondo will dismiss Stevens again in the future.  Only a matter of time. I don't think he looks to Stevens as a basketball authority or even an equal for that matter, and that from time to time it will show in damaging ways.

I love Rondo's game, but he's seeming more and more to be a selfish jerk, and I'm over it.   

[/QUOTE]

it's doubtful that rondo looks to anyone in the world, let alone the celtic's organziation as a basketball authority.  he's got an extremely high opinion of himself

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to passfirst's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it's doubtful that rondo looks to anyone in the world, let alone the celtic's organziation as a basketball authority.  he's got an extremely high opinion of himself

[/QUOTE]

He's guilty as charged

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Free-UB/kid, why are you reposting this in a seperate thread a day later when I already posted this on Feb 27 in another thread???
    Look kid, do you own research for material.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Free-UB/kid, why are you reposting this in a seperate thread a day later when I already posted this on Feb 27 in another thread???
    Look kid, do you own research for material.  

[/QUOTE]

Takes a tool to know a tool

shows you how stupid commie is, copying you - who hasn't been right since 2010.

Jacoby Parker...................WOW!!!