Explain JCrawford to me (seriously)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Explain JCrawford to me (seriously)

He's always looked to have some talent, and I'm shocked at what I'm seeing- SHOCKED. Can someone explain to me why he's playing well...is it a flash in the pan...am I missing something because the lad looks great and more importantly he looks SMART. 

I mean I keep thinking back to the Gerald Green season--when was it-- 06-07 and kinda thinking the same thing. I mean is Crawford flourishing as an individual on a team without a team identity that's not huge on defense? Or is this some kinda second coming? Does it change when Rondo wants that ball back?

It's driving me crazy...it's Jordan Crawford!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Explain JCrawford to me (seriously)

I think he stopped talking and started playing! It is great to see the improvement in his game! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

In response to johconn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's always looked to have some talent, and I'm shocked at what I'm seeing- SHOCKED. Can someone explain to me why he's playing well...is it a flash in the pan...am I missing something because the lad looks great and more importantly he looks SMART. 

I mean I keep thinking back to the Gerald Green season--when was it-- 06-07 and kinda thinking the same thing. I mean is Crawford flourishing as an individual on a team without a team identity that's not huge on defense? Or is this some kinda second coming? Does it change when Rondo wants that ball back?

[/QUOTE]

Hes getting minutes and the ball goes through him. One of those types that needs the ball to be effective. His game is  erratic and he over dribbles in a half court set. That being said, he had a good stretch with the Wiz a few years back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to poopsteo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hes getting minutes and the ball goes through him. One of those types that needs the ball to be effective. His game is  erratic and he over dribbles in a half court set. That being said, he had a good stretch with the Wiz a few years back.

[/QUOTE]

true. true and he did sulk a bit when sidelined. he's young though. may mature and do so wearing green would be nice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Hopefully there is a bit of a hidden message here? Maybe it is showing how well Coach Brad Stevens can handle players with attitudes and if so, that sure would make for a promising future for the Celts. Maybe the C's could go after players like Crawford or even a Demarcus Cousins knowing that Stevens will be able to tame them down and embrace a Team concept? 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

This kid really spreads the court at crunchtime... he can shoot, make plays... and finish too.

And most importantly, he wants the ball.

Always fearless! Sometimes foolish.... (he makes coffee nervous)... great fun to watch.

What a surprise!!!

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

love what the kid is bringing to the table now but seriously imagine how nice it would've been if he brought this play to the postseason last year? different story maybe!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Crawford is playing well because in the NBA he is a point guard not a shooting guard.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Getting Jordan Crawford for nothing is one Ainge's best moves ever !

Hope Crawford stays with the Celtics

Love it !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Talent

coach

fear of China

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

Getting Jordan Crawford for nothing is one Ainge's best moves ever !

Hope Crawford stays with the Celtics

Love it !

agree!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very simple.  He loves having/touching the ball.  But if that happens when he is playing 2, then he gets labeled as a ball hog, volume shooter.  When you make him a point guard, he can have the ball with no requirement to score.  It was an astute move on the part of Danny to re-cast him into a point guard role.  Add that he is playing on a bad team and suddenly he becomes a star.

This is the highest that his value will get to.  Danny needs to cash this chip in a timely manner.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I knew the moment Crawford stepped on the floor, he was a good pick up for the C's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very simple.  He loves having/touching the ball.  But if that happens when he is playing 2, then he gets labeled as a ball hog, volume shooter.  When you make him a point guard, he can have the ball with no requirement to score.  It was an astute move on the part of Danny to re-cast him into a point guard role.  Add that he is playing on a bad team and suddenly he becomes a star.

This is the highest that his value will get to.  Danny needs to cash this chip in a timely manner.

[/QUOTE]

this

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cash in this chip? So we can return to playing 4 on 5 Rondoball?

How many years have we been looking for a PG who can take over and finish a game?

Do you want the ball in Craw's hands or in Rondo's hands when the game is up for grabs?

Which of the two wants the ball and can actually make a play at the big moment?

The answer is all too obvious.

Let  Rondo be BUPG or let Rondo go.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

he sure seems to have stepped up since moving to the point.

FG, 3 pt and even FT shooting are up over his typical seasons of the past.

his as to TO ratio is also much better.

will be interesting to see what happens when Rondo returns.

Will Crawford play at the same level as a third guard, coming off the bench?

or revert back to his old ways?

that will be the tell  to me, as to if he should be back here next year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cash in this chip? So we can return to playing 4 on 5 Rondoball?

How many years have we been looking for a PG who can take over and finish a game?

Do you want the ball in Craw's hands or in Rondo's hands when the game is up for grabs?

Which of the two wants the ball and can actually make a play at the big moment?

The answer is all too obvious.

Let  Rondo be BUPG or let Rondo go.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

"Do you want the ball in Craw's hands or in Rondo's hands when the game is up for grabs?"

- Rondo

"Which of the two wants the ball and can actually make a play at the big moment?"

- Rondo. Crawford hasn't even played in a "big moment" yet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

It took one young coach to get the best out of this guy and find out that he is a good PG. JC is playing lose, with no pressure, playing by instincts and showing what all of us didnt know, the point guard in him. Gotta praise Brad for this...i was watching the Clippers game the other day and i can't believe DA kept Doc for so long.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

[/QUOTE]

"Do you want the ball in Craw's hands or in Rondo's hands when the game is up for grabs?"

- Rondo

"Which of the two wants the ball and can actually make a play at the big moment?"

- Rondo. Crawford hasn't even played in a "big moment" yet.

[/QUOTE]

My guess is that BoogieBone would also prefer  Barney Fife over Andy Taylor for sheriff of Mayberry... in a heartbeat.

To each his own.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It took one young coach to get the best out of this guy and find out that he is a good PG. JC is playing lose, with no pressure, playing by instincts and showing what all of us didnt know, the point guard in him. Gotta praise Brad for this...i was watching the Clippers game the other day and i can't believe DA kept Doc for so long.

[/QUOTE]

Doc Rivers is an idiot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think Crawford playing well should be attributed to Stevens. Stevens gives guys a chance and seems to relate to players better. Doc only trust vets who he can limit...it's called over coaching.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

give credit for Danny.trades Jason Collins for Jordan Crawford.The Danny,s haters in this board are quiet.Go Celtics.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I'll admit I never thought he had it in him.  I saw him as redundant to Lee and thought the glut of 2 guards on this roster was a bad thing.  It's clear that DA is going to have to make a choice at some point between Bradley and Crawford.  Is Bradley getting better?  Even if he is, he's a disaster at PG while Crawford has nice position flexibility.   One of them may go before the trade deadline.  Who gets the most back in trade, and who is more worthy of keeping? 

Sections
Shortcuts