Explain Rondo Deterrence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Explain Rondo Deterrence

I need someone to please explain to me what Rondo impeding the rebuilding process and intentions of our new coach will look like. If you're going to hate our Star player and condemn him to ruining our team, butting heads with Stevens, and forcing Danny to trade him away, tell me how that will show to transpire.

Because right now Danny, Stevens ("there's no bigger fan"), Doc, and our Players (Sully: "We still have Rondo, he's a champion") are saying positive things about Rondo. I've heard positive things from people who've talked with Rondo (Max), his Agent, and from himself. The only negative is comig from rumors and speculation in the meda. Forget the past. Tell me exactly what a Rondo team destruction will look like.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Explain Rondo Deterrence

In response to R9R's comment:

I need someone to please explain to me what Rondo impeding the rebuilding process and intentions of our new coach will look like. If you're going to hate our Star player and condemn him to ruining our team, butting heads with Stevens, and forcing Danny to trade him away, tell me how that will show to transpire.

Because right now Danny, Stevens ("there's no bigger fan"), Doc, and our Players (Sully: "We still have Rondo, he's a champion") are saying positive things about Rondo. I've heard positive things from people who've talked with Rondo (Max), his Agent, and from himself. The only negative is comig from rumors and speculation in the meda. Forget the past. Tell me exactly what a Rondo team destruction will look like.

I'll make this easy for you. With 2-HOF-ers on the team for his last 8-games played for the Celtics  Rondo "lead" a team who you say "loved him" to an 0-8 record. That's a group who loved playing with him and think he is the greatest PG in the league, according to your assessment. He tears his ACL and that same team, despite losing the greatest PG in the league and the Celtics best player, again your assessment, run off an 8-0 streak....WITHOUT THEIR "BEST PLAYER", as you call him. That doesn't happen before and after LaBron, Larry, MJ, Kobe, Dr J, Karreem, etc. etc. etc go down! NEVER HAS, NEVER WILL AGAIN! .......Come on Kid. Its clear as day. They are trying to maintain as much value for a trade as they can by staying positive about him. Believe what you see with your eyes, not what you hear from the hype. THAT IS ALL IT IS. STOP MAKING EXCUSES for RR just because you are in love with who YOU think he is. Peace!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

Just watched  Tanguay on NE Sports Tonight....he stated he had spoken to a Celtics insider and that Rondo gets 1 chance to be a good do bee and if he screws up, he gets healthy and they unload him....Tanguay is most definitely the ultimate green teamer....

Thats fair! I wish him luck. In other words, they are gonna keep him until they get what they think is a good deal, thats all. You gotta know as soon as RR hears this stuff, he's pushing his way out  THANKS GARY TANG!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Just watched  Tanguay on NE Sports Tonight....he stated he had spoken to a Celtics insider and that Rondo gets 1 chance to be a good do bee and if he screws up, he gets healthy and they unload him....Tanguay is most definitely the ultimate green teamer....

No that nit-wit took your lead and has been spewing Rondo hate for months. I think he wants to impress his boyfriend Felger.

Anyway, the obvious answer is that I'll know because somebody with first hand knowledge comes out and says something negative about Rondo... something that just hasn't happened.

Anything else is just unsubstanial. I specifically said not to cite the past. You have to eplain what will be so evident that Rondo is ruining this team, because I have a suspicion that if we Win you're going to say that Rondo is selfishly padding his stats and if we lose its because he's not being a team player.

You have nothing, because your opinion is a straw-man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Rondo deserves and will get a chance to run this team. We'll see what he does with it. I'm not a Rondo lover or hater. I'm a Celtics fan, and all this Rondo talk is pointless because theres no facts proving he can or cannot run a team. You can love Rondo because he has had a lot of great moments. You can dislike Rondo because hes had a bad moments. But eventually we will see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to celtic213's comment:

Rondo deserves and will get a chance to run this team. We'll see what he does with it. I'm not a Rondo lover or hater. I'm a Celtics fan, and all this Rondo talk is pointless because theres no facts proving he can or cannot run a team. You can love Rondo because he has had a lot of great moments. You can dislike Rondo because hes had a bad moments. But eventually we will see.

plus1!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

It would look like a team that lost 7 games in a row last season because their point guard was too lazy to keep his man in front of him on defense, and who pounded the ball into the hardwood for 20 seconds trying to raise his assist total instead of moving the ball around and sharing it.

One game last year Rondo's man almost set a record for 3s in the first quarter because Rondo just refused to cover him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No that nit-wit took your lead and has been spewing Rondo hate for months. I think he wants to impress his boyfriend Felger.

Anyway, the obvious answer is that I'll know because somebody with first hand knowledge comes out and says something negative about Rondo... something that just hasn't happened.

Anything else is just unsubstanial. I specifically said not to cite the past. You have to eplain what will be so evident that Rondo is ruining this team, because I have a suspicion that if we Win you're going to say that Rondo is selfishly padding his stats and if we lose its because he's not being a team player.

You have nothing, because your opinion is a straw-man.

[/QUOTE]

Talk about blind as a bat.. this nincompoop doesnt want to hear about anything from Rondos past, but wants you to convince him Rondos a detriment.. Just how on earth is that possible??

If not for your posting from the past, how would I know your posts are usually senseless, uncomprehensible blather with an uncomfortable fondness for our PG??

If you havent recognized from watching Rondo play the past several seaons, youre hopelessly lost anyway...

[/QUOTE]

It reminds me of the phrase, "HE WHO FORGETS THE PAST IS DOOMED TO REPEAT IT." The issues surrounding RR are true. BUT, as we have already and again may soon see, "GIVE HIM ENOUGH ROPE and HE WILL HANG HIMSELF." I just hope we don't suffer too much damage in the meantime..........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

first off you can't have a "star" player point guard who shoots such a low free throw percentage.  secondly, you can't have a "star" player who shirks his responsibility offensively on a nightly basis.

these are not "star-like" activities.  and this is the beginning and the end of the problem with rondo.  he was cultivated into thinking he was a star by danny and doc and then he just did not develop himself as an individual threat on offense or the significant individual threat that he COULD HAVE BEEN with individual defense.

instead, he developed into a lazy, dissident, moody, mercurial almost-star who would only really try starting the 83rd game.  this is not a star.  this is a head case.  unless you are willing to admit that you are so desperate for a star that you have re-defined the notion of "star". 

anyone remember when cornbread got showed the gate for what red perceived to be sandbaggin' in the regular season?  well, hate to sound the "wake up call" on this but rondo's been sandbaggin this team for his whole career.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

It reminds me of the phrase, "HE WHO FORGETS THE PAST IS DOOMED TO REPEAT IT." The issues surrounding RR are true. BUT, as we have already and again may soon see, "GIVE HIM ENOUGH ROPE and HE WILL HANG HIMSELF." I just hope we don't suffer too much damage in the meantime..........

[/QUOTE]

it shouldn't take any extra rope to get rondo healthy and showcase him and trade him.  just think ahead 2 years- that's your motivation- a moody, mercurial inconsistent rondo has just vacuumed 25 million out of the C's pocket and is now wanting a max contract.

that needs to be someone else's quagmire.  just BS rondo into thinking he's the lead player in this new team era.  let him play his game and hope it's slightly above average and some dumb team in the league will think they need him to patch some hole on the roster.  in my view, much worse quality (in talent) players get shipped around the league than rondo.  someone will want him.  of course ,they will be very sorry once they have him.  kind of like "latrine sprewell syndrome"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Rondo goofs off in the regular season, but is terrific in the post season.

Doc Rivers didn't have the balls to discipline Rondo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Its really a mystery how some can watch Rondo routinely not put the effort in to guard his man... not even try to fight through a screen or pick.... always going under. Too much effort and no statistical glory fighting thru..

Tell me whats going thru the mind of a player with a breakaway layup.. pausing and throwing a pass to a teammate behind the play, whos in a much more difficult position to score? Rondo led the league in assists, gets lots of pub from it too... is he trying to be selfless and involve his teammates... giving up a sure, easy 2 points so a huslting big man can get the bucket?  Nah, because its a dumb play to give away an easy, uncontested  layup for a more difficult, defended shot...

Only thing I can come up with is Rondo wants that assist and is willing to sacrifice the team to get it.

You dont think Rondo cares about such things?? Didnt DOc allow Rondo to keepo his assist streak going by keeping him in a blowout and force feeding his team Rondo passes until he got his??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

pudbuddies don't be likin' no positive rondo threads. no sir. won't have it. ain't gonna have it. Laughing

bp

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Its really a mystery how some can watch Rondo routinely not put the effort in to guard his man... not even try to fight through a screen or pick.... always going under. Too much effort and no statistical glory fighting thru..

Tell me whats going thru the mind of a player with a breakaway layup.. pausing and throwing a pass to a teammate behind the play, whos in a much more difficult position to score? Rondo led the league in assists, gets lots of pub from it too... is he trying to be selfless and involve his teammates... giving up a sure, easy 2 points so a huslting big man can get the bucket?  Nah, because its a dumb play to give away an easy, uncontested  layup for a more difficult, defended shot...

Only thing I can come up with is Rondo wants that assist and is willing to sacrifice the team to get it.

You dont think Rondo cares about such things?? Didnt DOc allow Rondo to keepo his assist streak going by keeping him in a blowout and force feeding his team Rondo passes until he got his??

They all just want to make excuses about ALL OF IT. Or they say it was all fabricated. WE ALL SAW IT. Are we living in some kind of alternative universe? Damn, I just dont get any of them.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

pudbuddies don't be likin' no positive rondo threads. no sir. won't have it. ain't gonna have it. Laughing

bp

BP, did you read the OP? Your Boy, R9R asked for ONLY Rondo negativity. he wasnt looking for ANY pro Romdo responses. Come on brutha, keep up. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

They all just want to make excuses about ALL OF IT. Or they say it was all fabricated. WE ALL SAW IT. Are we living in some kind of alternative universe? Damn, I just dont get any of them.......

Its safe to say they have a crush on Rondo and have reached the paranoid stage with any posts remotely suggesting an inperfection in his game..

All anyone need do is post "I think there may be 3-4 PGs a  little better than our darling Rondo"...  WOW, they would all go crazy calling them HATER & RACIST!!! Hes the greatest of all time!! Look at the playoff game he had v Miami,,,,

All those things u saw are BS cause Rondo once scored 44 one playoff game.. the C's lost but ROndo was great!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They all just want to make excuses about ALL OF IT. Or they say it was all fabricated. WE ALL SAW IT. Am I living in some kind of alternative universe? Damn, I just dont get any of them.......

[/QUOTE]

I suppose we don't get you either 

I'm a little tired of throwing jabs at you and Karl . Time will likely prove someone right meanwhile pehaps we all should move on to a more positive topic. We are all Celtic fan and beating this dead horse isn't fun anymore

BTW      Living in an Alternative Universe is probably an upgrade don't complain.

[/QUOTE]
    Great point Darryl. Now, if you can get R9R to stop pushing the subject in his rapid fire Rondo threads, maybe everybody could move on. Be careful though! He might hurt himself if one of you on the pro Rondo side tells him to go lay down. Im with you D. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They all just want to make excuses about ALL OF IT. Or they say it was all fabricated. WE ALL SAW IT. Am I living in some kind of alternative universe? Damn, I just dont get any of them.......

[/QUOTE]

I'm a little tired of throwing jabs at you and Karl . Time will likely prove someone right meanwhile pehaps we all should move on to a more positive topic. We are all Celtic fan and beating this dead horse isn't fun anymore

BTW      Living in an Alternative Universe is probably an upgrade don't complain.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should address you last post to the author of this redundant thread.... R9R

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should address you last post to the author of this redundant thread.... R9R

[/QUOTE]
    HA! Guess i beat ya to it!

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.