Exum and Young

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Exum and Young

I think I would be ok with this scenario. 

Celtics draft Exum at 4 or 5.

Celtics draft Young at 13.

Celtics trade Rondo and Humphries to the Lakers for their #1 pick top 10 and 2015 1st round pick.

Celtics us those #1s to get Love. Love would have to agree  to new contract. If they want Sully too they can have him.

Ainge works to trade Green and Bass for a Haywood.

Starters - Exum, AB, Haywood, Love, KO with Young as 6th man.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Exum and Young

Like the idea of Exum, but not sure of the reality. Dont feel comfortable with people who may not shoot well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Celtics trade Rondo and Humphries to the Lakers for their #1 pick top 10 and 2015 1st round pick.

Celtics us those #1s to get Love. Love would have to agree  to new contract. If they want Sully too they can have him.

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

In terms of the Rondo and Humphries deal to LA I'm aware other pieces would have to be thrown in to make the money work. They could throw in Nash and Boston immediately buys him out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

That's a really bad defensive team. Haywood, Love, and KO are subpar defenders for their positions, we have no idea on Exum, and Bradley gets hurt all the time. I'll pass. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

"Starters - Exum, AB, Haywood, Love, KO with Young as 6th man."

is that starting 5 really much better than rondo, AB, green, sully and KO? the biggest upgrade there is at the 4 obviously. exum is an unknown at this point. AB is still an undersized 2. and KO is not really a 5. would love agree to bet his prime years on that supporting cast? i don't know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Exum may be a good player someday. But that someday is not soon. 

Here are the guards that look better than him on youtube

Smart, Napier, Russ Smith,Gary Harris, Wiggins

To me Exum is not even top 5 in Guards let alone top 5 in PLAYERS!

He hurt himself by not scrimmaging unless some GM is tricked by the agents smoke and mirrors.

Right now he is a Ron Harper. Was Ron Harper a top 10 type player? Nope.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i think exum could be awesome. the problem is that he may take a couple of years to develop. ideally, we'd play him with rondo and let him learn from rondo, but the problem is that rondo is a FA next year so we have to make a decision on him pretty soon. basically it comes down to some luck in the lottery and whether we are going to take the fast track or the slow track in rebuilding. the fast track means trading assets, whether they be player or picks, to acquire prime time talent. the slow track means trading away players for more picks and/or young potential. frankly, i'm not sure at this point which direction we're going. perhaps we'll know more after the ping pong balls do their thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

1) Celtics draft Exum at 4 or 5. = The C's cannot draft 4th.  No scenario would involve us drafting 4th.  Exum is virtually a lock at 4.  Unless we win the lottery, and choose Exum over Wigg, Park, or Emb..we can forget about Exum.

2) Celts draft Young at 13 = ?????  Are just going to cut the four teams ahead of us at 17 and steal the 13th pick?  How would making a pick at 13 be possible?

3) Celtics trade Rondo and Humphries to the Lakers for their #1 pick top 10 and 2015 1st round pick.

Celtics us those #1s to get Love. Love would have to agree  to new contract. If they want Sully too they can have him = If Minnesota is willing to trade Love for the Lakers picks, don't you think Minny would just send Love straight to LA?  Do you really think LA might want to have Rondo more than Love?

4) Ainge works to trade Green and Bass for a Haywood.= My thoughts are that Hayward is more valuable than Green.  So I doubt Utah would be willing to take Bass.

5) Exum, AB, Haywood, Love, KO = Impossible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

In terms of the Rondo and Humphries deal to LA I'm aware other pieces would have to be thrown in to make the money work. They could throw in Nash and Boston immediately buys him out.

[/QUOTE]

I thought we had the 13th pick but I think we can get Young at 17.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Turns out Ron Harper was the eight overall pick. Must have been a weak draft.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Turns out Ron Harper was the eight overall pick. Must have been a weak draft.

[/QUOTE]

You'll make some good points. I'm watching the combine and I think Exum is becoming the talk of the draft. He measured at 6'6.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

I read an article this morning that said, with Wigg-Park-Emb skipping the combine, Exum is getting all of the attention.

This article went on to say that scouts watching Exum were leaving the gym disappointed. 

Sections
Shortcuts