Fab Melo has the Potential to be a Dominant Big Man!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Fab Melo has the Potential to be a Dominant Big Man!

I agree with the author of this article, Melo has the potential to be an above average big man for years to come.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1293610-boston-celtics-5-most-expendable-players#/articles/1293610-boston-celtics-5-most-expendable-players/page/6

Go C's!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Fab Melo has the Potential to be a Dominant Big Man!

"The Celtics will stick with Collins for now, but a hungry Fab Melo has the potential to be a dominant big man."

Stay hungry my Friend!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

He could be the next DH.

Step aside Jason Collins!

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

In Response to Fab Melo has the Potential to be a Dominant Big Man!:
    [QUOTE]I agree with the author of this article, Melo has the potential to be an above average big man for years to come. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1293610-boston-celtics-5-most-expendable-players#/articles/1293610-boston-celtics-5-most-expendable-players/page/6 Go C's!
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

Another great pick by you GM.  If only our GM for the Lakers could make such outstanding picks.  I don't even remember the last pick that we have had that actually helped us.  Now to think we don't have any picks in like forever.  We may be the laughing stock of the league in a couple of year.s  Oh my.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Do the C's have a good big man coach? Last I read, P. Ewing was looking for a job!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Melo doesnt have the potential to be a DOMINANT big man. The kid is so raw. Hes got no offensive game. However defensively hes already pretty good. He is a very good shot blocker and he moves his feet pretty well. His lack of rebounding is a big concern.  I see him as a good backup C. but with a lot of hard work on his post game, rebounding and conditioning he may be able to become a starter in a few years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Well, I think they can use him right away when they play zone. He'll take time to learn pick and roll defense and certainly a lot of time for the Celts funnel and help defense. He already is good at weak side help because of his quick feet.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Melo is in a pretty good situation! If he is willing to work, he might turn into a pretty good pro!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1256599-5-reasons-fab-melo-will-not-be-a-bust-in-the-nba#/articles/1256599-5-reasons-fab-melo-will-not-be-a-bust-in-the-nba

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Re: Fab Melo has the Potential to be a Dominant Big Man!:
    [QUOTE]Well, I think they can use him right away when they play zone. He'll take time to learn pick and roll defense and certainly a lot of time for the Celts funnel and help defense. He already is good at weak side help because of his quick feet.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

But usually when they go zone, they go small...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]Melo was ranked LAST out of all rookies that played in the sumemr league. 52. Fab Melo , Celtics: Was more known for his ridiculous passes at the worst time than his rebounding, defense or shot-blocking. Bad sign. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/7/23/3173543/nba-summer-league-2012-rankings-rookies-damian-lillard
    Posted by TommyRules[/QUOTE]

its a good thing you are a celtic fan..pointing out all the deficiencies of our team...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Im sorry, what was that Mark???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I do undestand y da  drafted melo cuz we clearly needed a center and melo was widely viewed as the best available center at that point in the draft (granted in a very weak center draft, save for anthony davis). However, I dont see how hes that much of an upgrade if any at all over steimsma or hollins who both provided similiar skill set to melo (good shot blocking, decent defenders, no rebounding or scoring). I watched every summer league game and was discouraged, he had little to no impact offensively and defensively he seemed to only care about blocking shots. Cs must feel he can really improve if coached up by staff and KG.  The kid has a whole lot of work in front of him if he wants to earn ANY minutes on this team.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Fab Melo has the Potential to be a Dominant Big Man!": [QUOTE]Melo could be more Tyson Chandler like not DH Posted by The BIG TICKET[/QUOTE] I agree, a defensive minded athletic big man! He needs to have a good training camp! Does anyone know who the C's big man coach is this year?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

The big man coach is Garnett.  Just follow his lead and soak everything in.  If he can't learn from that, he won't be in the league long.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Tyson chandler, as in the reigning defensive player of the year? OK time to chill on those crazy comparisons. As I mentioned he is comparable to steimer and hollins, decent back up bigs.  Even tho he is the only true center on our roster he still prob wont get ANY playing time. Thats how raw this kid is.

I do agree about kg . U cant find a better player to learn from.  This kid might be kg's biggest project.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedCoach. Show RedCoach's posts

If Fab Melo turns out to be a Kendrick Perkins with a little more offense with 80% free throw shooting, I will be happy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fab Melo has the Potential to be a Dominant Big Man! : Two words: Bleacher Report

+1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Melo has the athletisim and work ethic to be a serviceable center! He is in a perfect situation with the C's! I think we would all agree he a step-up from often injured JO!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Fab Melo has the Potential to be a Dominant Big Man!:
    [QUOTE]I agree with the author of this article, Melo has the potential to be an above average big man for years to come. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1293610-boston-celtics-5-most-expendable-players#/articles/1293610-boston-celtics-5-most-expendable-players/page/6 Go C's!
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

Melo will be out of the league at end of this year,another waisted pick by Ainge. Last years picks gone Moore and Johnson. Ainge picks the same style kids every year.

Melo has no game no brain and will only cause mental pain watching the bum.

Run

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Melo was ranked LAST out of all rookies that played in the sumemr league. 52. Fab Melo , Celtics: Was more known for his ridiculous passes at the worst time than his rebounding, defense or shot-blocking. Bad sign. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/7/23/3173543/nba-summer-league-2012-rankings-rookies-damian-lillard

Yeah that's the same guy that ranked Sully as a promising big.  Good call Tommy.

Sections
Shortcuts