Fab Melo to Grizzlies?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Re: Fab Melo to Grizzlies?

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

[QUOTE]

HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Maybe Ainge took the gamble because he wanted a star or nothing at all because of the salary cap and rebuilding plans. Personally I think he just messed up. Ezeli is a solid role player.

Effective in the playoffs already ....

[/QUOTE]

great pickup by GS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I think a part of the reason was that he would have been a distraction to this young team.  There would have been too much "Melo being Melo" nonsense.  They were already treating him like a mascot during the summer league games, jumping off the bench every time he did anything, good or bad.  It's nice they were rooting for him, but he was kind of becoming the class clown.  Not a good thing for a new coach and a young team trying to build a culture. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:

I think a part of the reason was that he would have been a distraction to this young team.  There would have been too much "Melo being Melo" nonsense.  They were already treating him like a mascot during the summer league games, jumping off the bench every time he did anything, good or bad.  It's nice they were rooting for him, but he was kind of becoming the class clown.  Not a good thing for a new coach and a young team trying to build a culture. 

+1

I never thought of the chemistry issue.  Intersting. and makes sense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

The only thing fab about Fab is his name.

another wasted pick

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

so the grizzles have thabeet and melo now?  lolllsss

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

thabeet is already playing for thunder

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

In response to aciemvp's comment:

thabeet is already playing for thunder

my bad.  i think he was on the grizzles first though

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/08/15/celtics-trade-fab-melo-to-grizzlies/

The Grizzlies have to make a decision on Melo’s third-year option of $1.37 million by the start of the season. They could reduce their payrolls for 2014-15 and 2015-16 by declining the option, which would make Melo an unrestricted free agent next summer.

He is probably best known for his triple-double on Dec. 22 vs. Erie with 15 points, 16 rebounds and league-record 14 blocks. Either that, or suffering a concussion when he hit his head on a doorframe.

The 6-11 Greene was originally drafted by Memphis in the first round in 2008 but was immediately traded in a four-way deal that landed Darrell Arthur. He eventually ended up in Sacramento, averaging 6.1 points and 2.4 rebounds in 253 games over three-plus seasons. The Grizzlies signed him last April, but he never played a game for them.

Well, that helps to explain why Danny couldn't hold out much longer ... he only had 3 months left to opt in or out and he probably wasn't gonna learn any more in that time than he's already seen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9MAZTCVbbk 

I like this guy in Sacto...he is no stiff....looks like a bigger tony Allen...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

He looks alot better than Melo thats for sure. I think Danny got him for his non-guaranteed contract but Danny may have time to evaluate him in camp so I won't make any predictions but I think he'll be waived ...

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

[QUOTE]

He looks alot better than Melo thats for sure. I think Danny got him for his non-guaranteed contract but Danny may have time to evaluate him in camp so I won't make any predictions but I think he'll be waived ...

[/QUOTE]

You won't make any predictions but you think he'll be waived???

DUH!!!

You're such a fraud!

And when Greene ends up getting waived you'll take credit for thinking in advance that Greene will be waived?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

That's the difference between you and the rest of us here .... you want credit and we don't look for it. I have my own opinion on Greene but why should I play your game of predictions when Danny has time to evaluate him before waiving or guaranteeing his contract? That's just idiotic and something you do all the time and then try to get you detractors to do the same thing so you can make yourself feel better by throwing it back in their faces. Go play with yourself!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

You don't ask for credit, Mployee?

Didn't you make a thread about how right you were when the Celts signed Phil Pressey?

HAHAHA

A thread?

I made a thread about Pressey most likely to present the idea to the other posters ...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You don't ask for credit, Mployee?

Didn't you make a thread about how right you were when the Celts signed Phil Pressey?

HAHAHA

A thread?

I made a thread about Pressey most likely to present the idea to the other posters ...

[/QUOTE]

Are you a swindler?

Every Celtic fan knew Phil Pressey was brought for a workout before the draft, twice!

So every Celtic fan knew Ainge was interested in Pressey.

And you want to take credit for something every Celtic fan knows?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Take credit for????

Your just pizzed that I made a timely post about a player that nobody here was talking about and then Danny went out and signed him!!!

When was the last time you came that close to being right about anything?????????????????

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

Take credit for????

Your just pizzed that I made a timely post about a player that nobody here was talking about and then Danny went out and signed him!!!

When was the last time you came that close to being right about anything?????????????????

Didn't I tell you that Shavlik won't be around past Aug. 1?

You didn't believe me, right?

And come on, Mployee, I was the only one here who figured out how the Celts got that 10.3m TPE, right?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Predicted a cut out of 17 players is not the same as naming one player out of hundreds that is ultimately signed by your team. But keep trying ... if you want credit for waived players then I pity you.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

Predicted a cut out of 17 players is not the same as naming one player out of hundreds that is ultimately signed by your team. But keep trying ... if you want credit for waived players then I pity you.

At that time the Nets had 16 players.

Didn't you say the #s wouldn't affect the trade?

The Nets needed to remove Joseph and his non-guaranteed contract so that they'll only have 15 players after the trade. And the Celts had a roster spot for Joseph. 

Common sense, Mployee.

[/QUOTE]

Prove it ... provide a link that says that's why Joseph was included. It s/b all over the internet right?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I wonder if this has a Brad Stevens element to it.  Brad may have told Danny that he would like the Fab factor to be removed.  Given the lack of development in his game, Danny pulled the trigger to also show support for Brad.  Of-course, getting below the luxury tax limit was clear factor.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

Prove it ... provide a link that says that's why Joseph was included. It s/b all over the internet right?

Like I said, if the Nets didn't include Kris Joseph, the Nets won't have a roster for one of the 3 Celtic players acquired.

You don't need a link to figure that out, Mployee, you only need common sense.

[/QUOTE]

But you could use some math before you put out false statements!

First of all we traded 4 players for five. That included DJ White (non-guaranteed contract) for Joseph (non-guaranteed). So that means Brooklyn took on 3 guaranteed contracts for 3 since Bogans was an expiring contract ... Wallace, Humphries & Brooks.

So much for the "not enough roster spots" false argument you constructed. The math doesn't add up especially when you consider that  the day before the Celtics/Brooklyn deal went through they also signed Shaun Livingston ... How'd they do that if they didn't have enough roster spots?  And on the same day the deal went through they signed Kirilenko! Then after the deal they signed Alan Anderson. Again, Fungus ... your math doesn't add up.

This is why everyone here knows you're a liar and a fraud .... making up crap to salvage your argument is lame and leaves you as nothing more than a loser and a fungus ... Get It????