Facilitator Role - Salary Dump, Xtra 2014 Picks, Tank Job

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

Facilitator Role - Salary Dump, Xtra 2014 Picks, Tank Job

For Discussion/Consideration -Just taking in several teams desires and available talent to trade, to propose the following 5 team trade:

Phil: trades Young (8.6) and Turner (6.6), Receives Waiters (3.8), Stuckey (exp 8.5) and 2014 PHX 1st

Clev: trades Deng (14.3) and Waiters (3.8) and 2014 1st(lotto?), and 2014 2nd (#38) Receives Monroe (4.0), J Green (8.7) and Turner (6.6) Their challenge to make sure Monroe and Turner get re-signed by them and sets them up for future success

Det: trades Monroe (4.0), Stuckey (8.5), and Jerebko (4.5), Receives T Young (8.6) and Bass (6.7), 2015 LAC 1st from Bos and 2014 Clev 2nd (#38) -- For Monroe they get a starting SF and bench PF, a future 1st and early second, the other traded players were not staying anyway. 

Phx: trades Okafor (exp 14.5), 2014 1st, Receives Deng (14.3) and Jerebko (exp 4.5) --- Phx gets a starting SF at the expense of a pick and expiring contract, a young improving team like Phx should be able to convince Deng to re-sign with them.

Bos: trades J Green (8.7) and Bass (6.7) and 2015 LAC 1st, Receives 2014 Clev 1st (lotto?) and a 2014 Phil 2nd (#32) and Okafor (exp 14.5) --- For us reduces future salary and turn Green and Bass into a potential 2014 lotto and early 2nd round pick and frees up roster to play OLY and C Johnson more helping the tank job.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Re: Facilitator Role - Salary Dump, Xtra 2014 Picks, Tank Job

We trade Green, Bass, and a 1st we better get alot more than that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

We trade Green, Bass, and a 1st we better get alot more than that.

Don't trade either and take what comes in the draft.  We have 10 1sts in the next 5 years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

What is impressive is that it is a FIVE TEAM trade that apparently works (I didn't check) and it can be argued that it is fair for all the teams.

There is no way Cleveland makes the mistake of not at least top 3 protecting a '14 pick. I would trade Green, Bass and the Clippers 1st for Okafor and the Cavs top 3 protected pick and Philly's 2nd round pick in the 31-34 range in a HEARTBEAT. Did fl+adam even stop to think of what a deal that is. The Cavs pick will probably be in the 6-12 range. Green, Turner and Monroe won't get them into the playoffs this year.

But next year, if they match any offers for Turner and Monroe. An Irving-Turner-Green-Thompson-Monroe starting five with a Jack-Karasev-Clark-Bennet-Zeller bench would make the playoffs I'm sure. So if it is a future pick of the Cavs... meh. I still like Jeff Green, even if he is destined to be the 4th best player on a contender and 3rd best player on a playoff team and not the 3rd/2nd we all hoped he could be.

If the Cavs take Gerald Wallace instead of Green then they can keep the pick:-) I think Ainge would throw a parade if he could send Bass to Detroit and Wallace to Cleveland and just have to take Okafor's expiring back and maybe even get a 2nd round pick thrown in there.

Sections
Shortcuts