Fact of the matter is they were no better than they played.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Fact of the matter is they were no better than they played.

And played no better than they were.

Watching the Warriors play Denver last night, I marveled that the sport they were playing was the same one the Celtics had been attempting to play. There was speed, aggression, jumping, cutting, dribbling, dunking, passing, toughness, innovation, mostly, energy, there was energy spilling off the court and into the stands.

And when there were mistakes, the teams played through them. They never looked like they truly didn't know what to do, what was going to happen next, who their teammates were, or that the opposing players were actually going to defend them and try to take the ball from them.

All year long this has been a mistake-prone, attention deficit team that was soft at its core. The refrain was always, "We just have to be more consistent - it's a process - it's a game we can learn from.," but the results ended up the same.

I guess you can't say, "We're not skillful enough, focused enough, athletic enough, or tough enough to beat playoff teams." But it kind of sucks to hear a string of false analysis, root on, and find out finally that what you were eyeballing all along was the way it would turn out.

I, for one, wanted them to be better than I saw them play. Sorry to see now that the emperor wasn't wearing any clothes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Fact of the matter is they were no better than they played.

The Cs weren't ready to play last night. They were sleepwalking.

That goes to management and its ability to motivate to insure that team overachieves.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

That goes to management and its ability to motivate to insure that team overachieves.

Pud

lack of intensity by the players is a result of lack of intensity by management and coaches. this team has been soft all year with ther exception of the short winning stretch after Rondo got injured. i am amazed how many people on this board can't see this!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Pud

lack of intensity by the players is a result of lack of intensity by management and coaches. this team has been soft all year with ther exception of the short winning stretch after Rondo got injured. i am amazed how many people on this board can't see this!

Just gimme my paycheck

Sections
Shortcuts