FACT: Since Rondo's arrival, the C's are 36-17 when he DOESN'T play.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: FACT: Since Rondo's arrival, the C's are 36-17 when he DOESN'T play.

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to Fields4's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

1 championship, 1 NBA Finals, 1 Conference finals with Rondo.

Yip! vs 7 wins 4 over teams in the lottery. No doubt we are playing well, but that is because were deep at guard, Doc changed the offense and our guys have a lot of pride. Not because we are a better team without Rondo. 

I think everyone here realizes that Rondo is not the problem but they are just too excited because the Celtics are playing really well right now.

But wait, you forgot to mention that the reason we weren't excited before was because the team was under .500 and on a 6-game losing streak. Then, RONDO went down and ONLY THEN did we do a 180-degree turn and are 7-0 since. Tell me, why do you think that is? MAGIC? And no, I don't mean Magic Johnson! Our team has benefitted from RONDO's absence...Period.

And before that 6 game losing steak we were on a 6 game winning streak. Which could just mean the team is streaky. Think. that is is the danger of a small smaple size.

plus you are forgetting last year they were under 500 at the all star break and went on a terror the second half the season. THINK. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Yip! vs 7 wins 4 over teams in the lottery. No doubt we are playing well, but that is because were deep at guard, Doc changed the offense and our guys have a lot of pride. Not because we are a better team without Rondo. 

I think everyone here realizes that Rondo is not the problem but they are just too excited because the Celtics are playing really well right now.

But wait, you forgot to mention that the reason we weren't excited before was because the team was under .500 and on a 6-game losing streak. Then, RONDO went down and ONLY THEN did we do a 180-degree turn and are 7-0 since. Tell me, why do you think that is? MAGIC? And no, I don't mean Magic Johnson! Our team has benefitted from RONDO's absence...Period.

And before that 6 game losing steak we were on a 6 game winning streak. Which could just mean the team is streaky. Think that is is the danger of a small smaple size.

plus you are forgetting last year they were under 500 at the all star break and went on a terror the second half the season. THINK. 

I'll give you that much. But you are still ignoring the fact that 0-6 with, then 7-0 immediately to follow and without argues the point that SOMETHING WAS GOING WRONG AND CHANGED. If RONDO is our best player, how could that be possible? Its just not........Not with the perfectly clear timing that took place, man.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

And before that 6 game losing steak we were on a 6 game winning streak. Which could just mean the team is streaky. Think that is is the danger of a small smaple size.

I'll give you that much. But you are still ignoring the fact that 0-6 with, then 7-0 immediately to follow and without argues the point that SOMETHING WAS GOING WRONG AND CHANGED. If RONDO is our best player, how could that be possible? Its just not........Not with the perfect timing that took place, man.

So we have 6-0 with 0-6 with and 7-0 without. Not much data other than the Celtics are playing better.  Since January.

The Celtics opening up of the offense is a good thing. Rondo will fit into that nicely when he gets back. The team has pride and heart and is playing with it and the underachievers are starting to achieve. So great! I hope it contiunes, but this idea that the Celtics are somehow a juggernaut because Rondo is injured is ludicrous. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from green-mtn-boy. Show green-mtn-boy's posts

so when you go to work you just do what ever you want? you tell your boss this is how it is? i dont think so. you need to get a grip. the role players just couldnt get it. rondo stands there pounding the ball. ok were are the cutters? were is the off ball movement?  i love the fact that we are winning again but to place the blame for people not doing their job is wrong. are you dudder? just wondering.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KPfromCT. Show KPfromCT's posts

I'm not hating, just speaking fact! Who wouldn't take that over 27-23 right now?

Rondo's not the problem. The Celtics gameplan this year up until now was the problem. They tried relying on him too much thinking he could be the next Michael Jordan (I'm exaggerating yes, but you get what I'm saying.) I don't care how old they are, KG and Pierce still lead this team. Who knows maybe someday it will be Rondo's team, but that someday isn't right now. Like I said before, Rondo isn't the problem either. His oversized role in the gameplan was.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Doc has already taken the blame for the lack of ball movement when Rondo was on the team...Players grabbed rebounds and immediately looked for Rondo instead of just passing, and they ended up relying on him way too much. Thats NOT Rondo's fault, and idk how ppl cant see that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to green-mtn-boy's comment:

so when you go to work you just do what ever you want? you tell your boss this is how it is?

Unfortunatey that sounds exactly like what R9R has been doing for years... and doc didn't have the 'nads to  stop it.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to green-mtn-boy's comment:

so when you go to work you just do what ever you want? you tell your boss this is how it is?

Unfortunatey that sounds exactly like what R9R has been doing for years... and doc didn't have the 'nads to  stop it.

Pud

Yup, he was given a spoiled little brat, caudled him for years, and spoiled him rotten. I believe DOC knew he was knda creating a monster, but didn't have anyone whispering in his ear to stop it either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KPfromCT. Show KPfromCT's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

Doc has already taken the blame for the lack of ball movement when Rondo was on the team...Players grabbed rebounds and immediately looked for Rondo instead of just passing, and they ended up relying on him way too much. Thats NOT Rondo's fault, and idk how ppl cant see that.

Amen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I'm done talking about Rondo.  Its like debating religion.  People either hold him on an iconic pedestal or deplore his impact on the Celtics team play.  Nobody is going to change their mind and the same facts and opinions keep getting rehashed over and over. 

The only ignorant and immature posters on here are those who resort to name-calling over a diffrence of opinion and passion.

I'm just glad Rondo is out for the year, so I can enjoy watching this team play with better energy, movement and balance.  

Longer term, I hope this renewed Celtics team can can maintain a high level of team play and success throughout the playoffs and I can only hope that Danny trades Rondo as soon as he is able. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I'm done talking about Rondo.  Its like debating religion.  People either hold him on an iconic pedestal or deplore his impact on the Celtics team play.  Nobody is going to change their mind and the same facts and opinions keep getting rehashed over and over. 

The only ignorant and immature posters on here are those who resort to name-calling over a diffrence of opinion and passion.

I'm just glad Rondo is out for the year, so I can enjoy watching this team play with better energy, movement and balance.  

Longer term, I hope this renewed Celtics team can can maintain a high level of team play and success throughout the playoffs and I can only hope that Danny trades Rondo as soon as he is able. 

Well said Dunk. No more RONDO stuff from me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

NO, you are wrong. Not nearly "everyone here realizes" what you said. What has really happened is RONDO's lack of willingness to put TEAM first, along with his horrible lack of leadership has exposed the truth about this overrated streetballer. He is an egotistical, me first, showboater who was lucky to have been playing with 3-HOF players at the same time. TRUTH!

Yes, i blame "RONDO's lack of willingness to put TEAM first" as one of the reasons the Cealtics have been playing earlier this season, i blame his "matador" defence, i blame his stupid assists to keep the streak alive but there are many reasons not one, not exclusively Rondo! Do you remember the time when Shaq was in Boston and the Celtics were simply unstoppable? The team is the combination of the right pieces complementing each other. AND if Rondo is not the right piece i won't be screaming if he'll be traded for a player that will make the Celtics better. So it's all on Danny Ainge and Doc!)))

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

NO, you are wrong. Not nearly "everyone here realizes" what you said. What has really happened is RONDO's lack of willingness to put TEAM first, along with his horrible lack of leadership has exposed the truth about this overrated streetballer. He is an egotistical, me first, showboater who was lucky to have been playing with 3-HOF players at the same time. TRUTH!

Yes, i blame "RONDO's lack of willingness to put TEAM first" as one of the reasons the Cealtics have been playing earlier this season, i blame his "matador" defence, i blame his stupid assists to keep the streak alive but there are many reasons not one, not exclusively Rondo! Do you remember the time when Shaq was in Boston and the Celtics were simply unstoppable? The team is the combination of the right pieces complementing each other. AND if Rondo is not the right piece i won't be screaming if he'll be traded for a player that will make the Celtics better. So it's all on Danny Ainge and Doc!)))

It is fun to watch a team that puts the team first.

No doubt about it, Kirk!:)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Alot of fans dont like the way Rondo runs the offense, refuses to play fundamental defense and disliking his spoiled brat attitude.

The flip side is who is really to blame?? 

Rondo played like he did because Doc allowed or encouraged it.  So we can debate and offer opinions about liking/disliking ROndos game but it ultimately falls on Docs shoulders...

Same goes for why JG, JT et al have struggled all season, for the most part, then suddenly came alive upon ROndos departure... Same goes for PP playing 54 mins one night, then being run like a rented mule the next in Charlotte, even though his replacement JG was our best player on the court and was yanked way too early.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Alot of fans dont like the way Rondo runs the offense, refuses to play fundamental defense and disliking his spoiled brat attitude.

The flip side is who is really to blame?? 

Rondo played like he did because Doc allowed or encouraged it.  So we can debate and offer opinions about liking/disliking ROndos game but it ultimately falls on Docs shoulders...

Same goes for why JG, JT et al have struggled all season, for the most part, then suddenly came alive upon ROndos departure... Same goes for PP playing 54 mins one night, then being run like a rented mule the next in Charlotte, even though his replacement JG was our best player on the court and was yanked way too early.

See that is a resonable post.

I get tired of people dissing Rondo because of his attitude, people that call him a cancer.

I never thought Rondo should be the leader of a team that has KG and Pierce on it.

If people dont like the style of the way things are going, or dont like Rondos leadership skills then who is really at fault? Rondo or the people that made him a leader?

Thats what I get irritated by. I dont think Rondo is a good leader. So why is he leading?

I do think Rondo is a good player.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I get tired of people dissing Rondo because of his attitude, people that call him a cancer.

I never thought Rondo should be the leader of a team that has KG and Pierce on it.

If people dont like the style of the way things are going, or dont like Rondos leadership skills then who is really at fault? Rondo or the people that made him a leader?

Thats what I get irritated by. I dont think Rondo is a good leader. So why is he leading?

I count 6 paragraphs and six mentions of the word "Rondo" my friend.

Can you write a paragraph without using the "R word"?

Apparently not.

What is your compulsion, Mr. Creepers?

BTW, who cares what irritates you?

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Apparently not.

Pud

Ha.

Looks like I got in someones head.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Apparently not.

Pud

Ha.

Looks like I got in someones head.

Barney only carries one bullet,  can't keep it in his chamber.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.