Fatso gets 2 rebounds, can we trade this guy already?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoneyShooter. Show MoneyShooter's posts

Re: Fatso gets 2 rebounds, can we trade this guy already?

In Response to Fatso gets 2 rebounds, can we trade this guy already?:
    Icon already started in on his thread, so I'll get the ball rolling here, let's get rid of this loafer Davis already.  He is obviously a cancer to the team.  Discuss amongst yourselves. Forget the 23 pts, forget the fact that Duncan was held in check and blair was invisible.  Just like with gangrene or frostbite, we have to hack off this rotten limb called glen davis before the whole body (team) dies.  thank you.
    Posted by aciemvp

He's more like a toenail that needs to be clipped. If you it grow to long & freely, it'll end up putting a hole in your sock.....your green sock.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Icon already started in on his thread, so I'll get the ball rolling here, let's get rid of this loafer Davis already.  He is obviously a cancer to the team.  Discuss amongst yourselves. Forget the 23 pts, forget the fact that Duncan was held in check and blair was invisible.  Just like with gangrene or frostbite, we have to hack off this rotten limb called glen davis before the whole body (team) dies.  thank you.
    Posted by aciemvp

Well... I don't know. Fatso took a huge charge with the game up for grabs. HUGE!!!

That and the 23 points.....

Trade Uno Uno?

Dunno...  Undecided right now.....

Say...... hmmmmmm.... put me down as a definite maybe!

Great game GBBD!

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bias will be in here in a minute to tell us why BBD is not stepping up!! Smile

Great game by everyone.  BBD hit some BIG shots and played great d on Bonner + took critical charges.   

Rondo, Ray, Paul, BBD, Nate, JON, they all played a great game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

there you go.  clippin' time!  cut this toenail and give us maceo bastion, marlin ely, or just anything.  a ham sandwich with a green shirt on will do better than this davis slug.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i'm going to plead out- no contest to message board tomfoolery. 

i plead guilty to bias-baiting and icon-attracting into another senseless davis-detraction thread following a close win. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

You said it best.... Davis is a cancer to this team.....but let's wait another game to trade him (maybe two)!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Fatso gets 2 rebounds, can we trade this guy already?:
    In Response to Fatso gets 2 rebounds, can we trade this guy already? : Well... I don't know. Fatso took a huge charge with the game up for grabs. HUGE!!! That and the 23 points..... Trade Uno Uno? Dunno...  Undecided right now..... Say...... hmmmmmm.... put me down as a definite maybe! Great game GBBD! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin
    voila! like belichick would say.. he is what he is. he aint ever gonna be a great rebounder. r his other strengths good enough for this team to win at the highest levels? lets c... 2008 and right now? YES! deal with it! now if perk only has 2 rebounds, that would be a problem.. that has to be a strength to justify him being out there. baby suks at blocking shots too,  bt y devalue all those charges? makes people scared to come in the paint. much better in some ways than a block.. you get instant guaranteed possession for example..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Acie is just messin' with you guys... Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Posted by aciemvp

What are you talking about?  I have never once said that Davis should be traded.  Please find one post where I have ever even hinted about getting rid of Glenn Davis.

It's not all black and white my man.  This board is hilarious.  Davis played a great game and is having a good season.  But he and Shaq need to work a little harder on the boards.  Sorry to sound sane.  I know it's confusing that I come at things from a rational perspective. You think Doc isn't saying to Davis "Good game You killed it out there but man you only have three rebounds in the last two games, you gotta do better than that.".  You're a better cheerleader than I am Acie.  I'll give you that.  A tad disingenuous when you want to make a point though.

You also forgot to mention in your post that the Celtics need to get rid of Rondo.  Lets have some consistency my man.  Don't just tear someone down after they have a bad game.  Thanks for baiting me man.  I had a good time responding to it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

In Response to Fatso gets 2 rebounds, can we trade this guy already? : What are you talking about?  I have never once said that Davis should be traded.  Please find one post where I have ever even hinted about getting rid of Glenn Davis.   It's not all black and white my man.  This board is hilarious.  Davis played a great game and is having a good season.  But he and Shaq need to work a little harder on the boards.  Sorry to sound sane.  I know it's confusing that I come at things from a rational perspective. You think Doc isn't saying to Davis "Good game You killed it out there but man you only have three rebounds in the last two games, you gotta do better than that.".  You're a better cheerleader than I am Acie.  I'll give you that.  A tad disingenuous when you want to make a point though. You also forgot to mention in your post that the Celtics need to get rid of Rondo.  Lets have some consistency my man.  Don't just tear someone down after they have a bad game.  Thanks for baiting me man.  I had a good time responding to it.
    Posted by Icon11

Yeah its the pot calling the kettle black.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

doc said, glen sometimes forgets who he is.... you know what that means. get your head out of the clouds glen.

i like glen. he came up with some big plays tonight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bcgreen. Show bcgreen's posts

Hey. Davis is Davis. For a bench power forward he is great for this team. He won't be a super star, thats for sure. But he is one of the best most consistent guys off the bench in this league. Im not against trading him, but he is worth something decent if we do trade him.

With a fully healthy team, JO can play backup 4 with either Perk or Shaq at the 5 with him. That would obviously only be for this year, and since the team will prob be in rebuilding mode b4 we know it, if we could get a prince or something equivalent for baby, then I say make the trade. Otherwise, he doesn't really hurt us.

Just Remember his play in 09 during the playoffs. He helped us in a good number of those playoff wins as a starter, and he was just in his second year.

Lets see what happens.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i always thought you traded to upgrade ur current position. so who are we going to get that is better for the team then BBD? everytime i see one of these threads noone can come up with a replacement that will do better than davis does (camby? dont make  me laugh)..this is the best team in the NBA while healthy..why would you want to move a core piece of the puzzle? we arent the magic who were heavily struggling and needed to make a move. we arent even the lakers that have a talented roster and are just struggling. we are a great team, with great players. let the players get continuity, stop with the trade talks..enjoy our team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Lets have some consistency my man.  Don't just tear someone down after they have a bad game.  Thanks for baiting me man.  I had a good time responding to it.
    Posted by Icon11

that's the spirit!  a little bit of leprechaunic tomfoolery!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Hey. Davis is Davis. For a bench power forward he is great for this team. He won't be a super star, thats for sure. But he is one of the best most consistent guys off the bench in this league. Im not against trading him, but he is worth something decent if we do trade him. With a fully healthy team, JO can play backup 4 with either Perk or Shaq at the 5 with him. That would obviously only be for this year, and since the team will prob be in rebuilding mode b4 we know it, if we could get a prince or something equivalent for baby, then I say make the trade. Otherwise, he doesn't really hurt us. Just Remember his play in 09 during the playoffs. He helped us in a good number of those playoff wins as a starter, and he was just in his second year. Lets see what happens.
    Posted by bcgreen

Egads man!  hook line and sinker.  you'd have to time travel to a different dimension where jerlame o'knee-l could ever be considered reliable.  he just isn't.  doesn't matter if he looks great for 10 games, 15 or even 20.  he is porcelain. 

so with the entire premise of your arguemnet being that JO could be healthy and we don't need davis, it falls apart right there.  if we tried to run jerlames for 30 mins a game 20 games straight he'd be done for the year.  he doesn't have it in him any more.

i am a big davis fan, masquerading as a cheap hater earlier in this thread.  yeah i'm dismayed by his rebounding numbers but have to believe there is room for him to get to a servicable level.  there is nobody out there who isn't making nearly 3 times davis' money who's worth having instead of davis. 

people don't remember when they hate on the fat brother that he is the best help defender in the league.  that wasn't a hamburger than richard gypperson ran into in the lane in the SEMINAL MOMENTS OF THE GAME LAST NIGHT, that was lovable old fatty glen davis.  guys in this leauge increasingly just don't do that stuff any more!  too selfish, too high paid, not enough desire to win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I thought this thread was gonna be about Shaq..lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Love is on the block
    Dalembert is on the block
    Mayo is on the block

Is there ANY WAY in the world we could somehow get Love?? I would be willing to part with BBD, Nate and a #1 to grab Love.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The worst part of having baby on the team is having to listen to him in interviews.  He sounds like a 6 year old child, and not a particularly bright one.

On the other end of the spectrum is Ray Allen.  He is too smart to give a good interview.  He listens and actually answers the questions specifically, but he gives the same "pat" answers that a PR agent would give.  Boring.  Slip up and give us some dirt, Ray.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronnie0729. Show ronnie0729's posts

You must be an non-playing fool. Baby is one of the top 6th men in the league and leads the league in charges taken. The only cancer is you!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Baby's rebounding is like Rondo's jumper. It doesn't matter given the big picture, but it still needs work.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Love is on the block Dalembert is on the block Mayo is on the block Is there ANY WAY in the world we could somehow get Love?? I would be willing to part with BBD, Nate and a #1 to grab Love.
    Posted by BiasLewis

So you want New Kids on the Block?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

i'm going to plead out- no contest to message board tomfoolery.  i plead guilty to bias-baiting and icon-attracting into another senseless davis-detraction thread following a close win. 
    Posted by aciemvp

Bias Baiting   LMAO

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

See I'm fattening frogs for snakes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

See I'm fattening frogs for snakes.
    Posted by BiasLewis

No wonder you love Mikki Moore so much.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

You must be an non-playing fool. Baby is one of the top 6th men in the league and leads the league in charges taken. The only cancer is you!
    Posted by ronnie0729

Ronnie,

Agreed. Who ever posted this thread is a fool. Davis may not get many rebounds but he contributes in so many other ways, taking charges, timely baskets in the paint or from the outside when needed. Too bad we can't trade fans. I'd vote to trade away the fan who came up with this foolish thread. They are the true Cancer.  

Sections
Shortcuts