Fav tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Fav tonight

He will need some help inside to defend Detroit.  Others must be physical and help our freshman center tonight.  Detroit is big, Green, Wallace, Sullinger, and KO must be physical tonight and agressive on the boards or we will get it kicked and Fav will be blamed by some on this board if we get dominated inside.  One man can not stop this bunch.  Detroit made a push this  summer to get better and they did improve and their young guys have improved some.  We can still be in this game but we must defend and rebouond.  I hope the game is ugly and we are close with a chance to win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Fav tonight

Yes. IF Fav excels tonight, then the NBA will take notice and Fav may just have the mojo to evolve into the real deal and our "legit" center for years to come. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Yes. IF Fav excels tonight, then the NBA will take notice and Fav may just have the mojo to evolve into the real deal and our "legit" center for years to come. 

OH yeah...that was great...no doubt he's got the 'mojo" to be a great backup center in the NBA based on what I saw versus Detroit...never-gonna-happen!

Did you watch the game?

In twice as many minutes, Drummond scored 15 to Faverani's 8. That's a push.

To be precise, Drummond scored 10 points while Faverani was on the floor. Faverani scored 8 points while Drummond was on the floor. Another push.

To be even more precise, Drummond scored four of his field goals on dump-offs when Faverani rotated to cover for Green, Bass, or Bradley when they were beaten by Smith, Monroe, Bynum, et. al. Faverani stays with Drummond, Drummond never even gets the ball.

Needless to say, don't take my word for it. Just make a quick check of the play-by-play. It will confirm what you apparently think is just an opinion.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

wicks

The important part is why Brad Stevens didn't use Fav in the 4th qtr.

It was Bass or Sully playing Center, against Drummond, in the 4th.

I also question why Stevens didn't bring Faverani in during the last quarter, but for a slightly different reason.

We get that he wanted to have three guards on the floor. And it played a part in geting to within two at 79-77.

So who would expect that those same guards would also throw the ball all over the place? Well, me, I would, but that's another story.

Sullinger and Crawford left the game for good at the 7:05 minute mark and the score 73-65. BTW, the timeout demeanors of both of those guys showed they weren't thrilled about it, either.

Lee and Olynyk came in and went the rest of the way with Bradley, Bass, and Wallace, and they get to within two at 79-77. 

At exactly that point Drummond gets yanked so he won't be put at the FT line. This is a key moment in the game, and here is where, if I were coaching at that moment, I would very seriously have considered bringing in Faverani as - are you ready for this -  yes, my go-to guy AND best passer!

You shouldn't laugh. He was already 4-6 scoring inside. But even more importantly it just may have given poor Deer-in-the-Headlights Avery some kind of a Linus blanket - post up Vitor.

And let's not forget that the best pass of the night, maybe the only even good one, was the back-door bounce pass that Fav threw to Green that went out of bounds. Green clearly had his man going uphill, didn't read the effect of his fake, and came back to the ball. How a great assist for a dunk becomes a TO.

Anyway, one solid possession at that time and maybe they steal a game. But when you have Bradley, Lee, Bass and Wallace on the floor at the same time, you may be getting some defense, some hustle and a little muscle, but you sure ain't getting basketball smarts and passing ability.

It's clear that the team's best passers are Olynyk, Sullinger, Faverani, Crawford and Pressey. If only for the sake of research and experimentation, I'd put that unit on the floor, play some zone, and see what happens.

** And I was incorrect in my previous post. I had indicated that Drummond had scored 10 points versus Faverani. That's wrong. Drummond's last two FGs of the first half came after Faverani had subbed out. The actual tally was that Faverani outscored Drummond 8-6 when they shared the floor.

Sections
Shortcuts