2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Faverani

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wicks

I like Faverani.

All I'm saying is I'll wait until December to proclaim if he's really a starting caliber Center or not.

That's all I'm saying.

I didn't say Fav is not good or Fav can't be a starting Center in the NBA.

The reason for this is 2 games into the season doesn't make you a great player.

We have to see over time if he really is the real deal.

[/QUOTE]

Too much talk around Fierce.  Or too much talk.  Whatever you prefer.  You are putting up a spirited efense but it sounds weak.  If you want to wait then just wait.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, Fav starts for the Boston Celtics, one of the worst teams in the NBA right now.

But will Fav start for Detroit?

How about Chicago or Houston, will Fav start for those teams?

Again, 2 very good games doesn't make you a starter.

[/QUOTE]

I understand that you are responding to somebody else.  Fav shows pretty good potential to me.  If the Cs can develop Fav, Sullinger and Olynyk and find a quality 2, they will be back in business very quickly.

Fav will not start for Chicago or Houston but I am pretty sure that Miami would love to have him.  As for Detroit, they have their own project ongoing and will not want to invest in a new project.

Your claim to wait and collect more evidence before pronouncing Fav to be a starting caliber 5 is weak because that is not the argument.  The argument is "Does Fav show the potential to be a starting caliber 5?"  There are proponents here that believe that he does.  After watching a few games, i do too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:

[QUOTE]

Too much talk around Fierce.  Or too much talk.  Whatever you prefer.  You are putting up a spirited efense but it sounds weak.  If you want to wait then just wait.

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, some of the Celtic fans here are cowards.

We both had a friendly bet on whether Pierce and KG would stay.

After we disagreed, we had a bet, and we waited.

But some of the people here keep telling me I'm stupid for not believing that Fav is a legit starting NBA Center and that he's already better than Asik.

When I challenged them to a bet similar to ours, they turn chicken.

[/QUOTE]

OK, I did not see that you have another agenda going on here.  I will keep out of it.  I agree, why chase Asik?  He is not a big piece and can only be a complimentary player.  So the primary players should be put in place before we get complimentary players.  Unless they can be had for cheap and for an extended period of time.  Looks like Danny has made a great bet with Fav.  3 years @2M per (The 3rd year is team option.  Right?).

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

more straw man arguments, this isn't 2004, or 2008, and we don't know how people here on the forum today felt about Blount or Perk at that time. however, 5 years later and Perk is still a starting Center. Faverani is way more talented and athletic than Perk ever was. 

[/QUOTE]

This looks to be true.  But is he rugged enough?  Until the knee injury derailed him, Perk was quite a rugged player.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

more straw man arguments, this isn't 2004, or 2008, and we don't know how people here on the forum today felt about Blount or Perk at that time. however, 5 years later and Perk is still a starting Center. Faverani is way more talented and athletic than Perk ever was. 

[/QUOTE]

This looks to be true.  But is he rugged enough?  Until the knee injury derailed him, Perk was quite a rugged player.

[/QUOTE]

idk exactly what you mean by rugged. I understand he's a big guy, and an enforcer i guess, someone who makes people think twice about going to the hole, but he is also borderline dirty sometimes and not all that effective. Fav, from what i've seen so far, looks like a high effort guy similar to joakim noah and anderson varajao, but with more offensive skill. he can run the floor, finish at the basket, has some low post skill, and can shoot from outside. while he's not the greatest defensive big, he's still only 25, and has proven he can protect the rim.

[/QUOTE]

Oh! I meant physically able to withstand the punishment down low.  He doesn't look sufficiently built to take the pounding over the long term.  That is my only concern.  Otherwise Fav is hands down better that Perk.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.