feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not

I can't stand it when they ball up a game like a piece of scrap paper and throw it away. They played great until Pietrus got hurt and once he was stretchered off they quit. If I coached this team my team would be fired up and want the game even more. This is a pathetic effort. See trolls I do call them out you losers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Re: feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not

I don't think the Celtics quit. The dropoff from Pietrus to Daniels is significant.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

Re: feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not

In Response to Re: feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not:
    I don't think the Celtics quit. The dropoff from Pietrus to Daniels is significant.
    Posted by davidap

Typical NBA game where the away team comes out to establish themselves early and at half home team get's azz grilled and come out guns blazing declaring not in my house.  We've seen more than a few games like this in a short season.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo decided to take the night off.  That did it along with Ray.   The horrible injury did not help either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

In response to "feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not":
    I can't stand it when they ball up a game like a piece of scrap paper and throw it away. They played great until Pietrus got hurt and once he was stretchered off they quit. If I coached this team my team would be fired up and want the game even more. This is a pathetic effort. See trolls I do call them out you losers. Posted by DFURY13
    The coach suppose to motivate a team in a situation like that. I think Doc lecture them in the locker room but no results!. Pietrus was playing very well. The way he got hurt and being taken out in a stretcher didn't look good. Hope he is going to be ok.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not:
    Posted by davidap

Agree with you.  Marquis is not the same player he was last season before his injury.  He probably won't be in the NBA much longer. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In response to "feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not": The coach suppose to motivate a team in a situation like that. I think Doc lecture them in the locker room but no results!. Pietrus was playing very well. The way he got hurt and being taken out in a stretcher didn't look good. Hope he is going to be ok.
    Posted by jonrob777

Exactly, the Pietrus situation did not look good at all.  From personal experience it takes a while to come back and play like your old self after getting your mellon spanked off the wood.  I hope the man is OK.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not : Agree with you.  Marquis is not the same player he was last season before his injury.  He probably won't be in the NBA much longer. 
    Posted by susan250

Yes, I think he is done after this year!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to "feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not": The coach suppose to motivate a team in a situation like that. I think Doc lecture them in the locker room but no results!. Pietrus was playing very well. The way he got hurt and being taken out in a stretcher didn't look good. Hope he is going to be ok.
    Posted by jonrob777

Agree with you about Pietrus.  It has been a very unlucky season for the Celtics with all of the injuries.  Hopefully, he will be back soon.  Although, I wouldn't be surprised if he misses the rest of the season.  we should know more by tomorrow or the next few days. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

perfect storm of horrors...rr took the nite off

3 costly TOs and his attitude is

lack·a·dai·si·cal .

adjective
    without interest, vigor, or determination; listless; lethargic: a lackadaisical attempt.
    lazy; indolent: a lackadaisical fellow.

pray for poor MP

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Boston quit. Pietrus getting injured had nothing to do with this result, it was flat out 'I'm quitting'.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

KG was the only one with any real energy. Rondo was aweful. In Daniels defense he hasn't played, but still when your number is called you have to be ready. I just didn't like the body english of anyone besides KG.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I guess all of you are new to the Celtics back to back road games and back to back games in general. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

here we go again..after every celtics loss every celtic sucks and the team quits and has no heart or skills..........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Amazing how someone can post that the Celtcs quit while ignoring the facts:

o second night of a back to back, on the road in Philly
    o Philly is a good team
    o Celtics playing without Ray, Wilcox, and Pietrus
    o Philly motivated to maintain the lead against us

Boston didn't quit - you can't beat better players when you're tired and outmanned.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Amazing how someone can post that the Celtcs quit while ignoring the facts: o second night of a back to back, on the road in Philly o Philly is a good team o Celtics playing without Ray, Wilcox, and Pietrus o Philly motivated to maintain the lead against us Boston didn't quit - you can't beat better players when you're tired and outmanned.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Agree with you about being undermanned.  At least it appears that Pietrus probably won't be out for the remainder of the season.  I heard that he has a concussion.  Well this isn't good, it is better than having a spine/neck injury.  Not sure how many games he will miss, but better than losing him for the season. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Amazing how someone can post that the Celtcs quit while ignoring the facts: o second night of a back to back, on the road in Philly o Philly is a good team o Celtics playing without Ray, Wilcox, and Pietrus o Philly motivated to maintain the lead against us Boston didn't quit - you can't beat better players when you're tired and outmanned.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

dont forget losing Avery Bradley! we lost our top 3 shooting guards.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Posted by Celtsfan4life

So, what will happen when the C's make the playoffs. They have to play back to back games then yes? The problem, which has been a problem for a long time, Doc is loyal to a fault. Insert Francona. He does not utilize his bench at all until he is forced to(injury or illnesses). He plays his favorites no matter how poorly they are playing. And he has yet to learn how to rotate this aging lineup.

I have stated all season he can't keep starting KG, Pierce, Allen and JO(when he was playing). A quicker rotation in and out was needed with the starters. A better job at taking then off at differring times. More time for the bench was needed to play with the starters to keep the aging ones fresher. This I thought was a good way for the bench to improve.  So when called upon, they could contribute and fill roles. He burned out the starters during the LA series a few yrs back. They had nothing left to hold the lead. Hence, the loss.

Also. Speed kills. And that is what is happening to this Cs team. Opponents Speed. They needed to inject some youthful starters that could run with Rondo. But nope, Doc will continue to stick it out. And the C's will be one and done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from smdecat. Show smdecat's posts

First post here...Hello!  I am a die hard Boston fan stuck in Minnesota..can't wait to get back to the New England area somehow.

That was a tough loss for the C's.  It was like two different teams each half.  I agree the effort that they have shown in the past to fight through adversity was just not there in the second half.  As soon as Pietrus went down, it seemed as though they  already thought the game was lost.

In their defense though, there is just no one Doc could of used to replace Pietrus, especially the way he was playing that game.  Dare I say that I really like that starting lineup with Ray coming of the bench instead of Pietrus?  More athletic..better defensively...the only thing is that Ray needs to get into the flow of the game to get going, but I feel he is such a defensive liability.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

I am a season ticket holder  and a die hard supporter and I could clearly see they except for KG quit.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

The Celts didn't quit. How can you win playing 2 vs. 5 or 3 vs. 5?
    Posted by Fiercest34

Hi,
    I agree with Fiercest 100%.
    First, horrible fall of MP, then AB goes out. All that on top of absence of RA.
    Overall, tough loss. Loss of a game and loss of a very good and important player.

AK

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Boston quit. Pietrus getting injured had nothing to do with this result, it was flat out 'I'm quitting'.
    Posted by Elven 32

Elven 32, How about the way Kobe quit on Vanessa and Magic quit on Cookie when he got HIV from some skanky hoe!  Or at least that's how he says he got it!!!! REAL QUITTERS. Smootch!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

First post here...Hello!  I am a die hard Boston fan stuck in Minnesota..can't wait to get back to the New England area somehow. That was a tough loss for the C's.  It was like two different teams each half.  I agree the effort that they have shown in the past to fight through adversity was just not there in the second half.  As soon as Pietrus went down, it seemed as though they  already thought the game was lost. In their defense though, there is just no one Doc could of used to replace Pietrus, especially the way he was playing that game.  Dare I say that I really like that starting lineup with Ray coming of the bench instead of Pietrus?  More athletic..better defensively...the only thing is that Ray needs to get into the flow of the game to get going, but I feel he is such a defensive liability.
    Posted by smdecat

Welcome to the forum..def agree with everything you said.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not : So, what will happen when the C's make the playoffs. They have to play back to back games then yes? The problem, which has been a problem for a long time, Doc is loyal to a fault. Insert Francona. He does not utilize his bench at all until he is forced to(injury or illnesses). He plays his favorites no matter how poorly they are playing. And he has yet to learn how to rotate this aging lineup. I have stated all season he can't keep starting KG, Pierce, Allen and JO(when he was playing). A quicker rotation in and out was needed with the starters. A better job at taking then off at differring times. More time for the bench was needed to play with the starters to keep the aging ones fresher. This I thought was a good way for the bench to improve.  So when called upon, they could contribute and fill roles. He burned out the starters during the LA series a few yrs back. They had nothing left to hold the lead. Hence, the loss. Also. Speed kills. And that is what is happening to this Cs team. Opponents Speed. They needed to inject some youthful starters that could run with Rondo. But nope, Doc will continue to stick it out. And the C's will be one and done.
    Posted by antiqueman1

You've changed the subject.  This was about whether they quit or not.  They didn't.

1. They won't face many, if any at all, back to backs if they make the playoffs.
    2. KG's minutes are way down.  He's averaging about 31 min/game and that's even with Steimsma as the other center.  That's good minute management.  KG goes out at the 6 min mark no matter what we're doing.
    3. I'm not arguing Doc doesn't substitute enough or not.  That's a different issue vs whether the player quit on the game.
    4. How can you tell the difference between Marquis Daniels when he quits vs when he stinks vs when he plays hard.  They all look the same to me.  Can't win if that guy has to play any minutes!

Sections
Shortcuts