feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not

In Response to Re: feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not : You've changed the subject.  This was about whether they quit or not.  They didn't. 1. They won't face many, if any at all, back to backs if they make the playoffs. 2. KG's minutes are way down.  He's averaging about 31 min/game and that's even with Steimsma as the other center.  That's good minute management.  KG goes out at the 6 min mark no matter what we're doing. 3. I'm not arguing Doc doesn't substitute enough or not.  That's a different issue vs whether the player quit on the game. 4. How can you tell the difference between Marquis Daniels when he quits vs when he stinks vs when he plays hard.  They all look the same to me.  Can't win if that guy has to play any minutes!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Sorry, no intent to switch topics. Was trying to respond only to back to back nights from your previous comment. But then that lead to overuse, underuse. Point 4 is funny but true. Point 3 is spot on. Point 2 having switched KG to center has revitalized this man. Point 1, really no back to back nights during playoffs. I find that hard to believe, but it is one of those things I should know, but am having trouble remembering. I thought they always played games back to back until travel days. Thanks Celtsfan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Re: feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not

If you follow the NBA you would know that the last game of a road trip is a bags packed, keep the bus running type of affair. They will play hard till half time and if they're ahead they'll give effort in the 2nd half...if not they got one foot on the bus. Just the way it is. Don't condone it but I understand it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not:
    [QUOTE]If you follow the NBA you would know that the last game of a road trip is a bags packed, keep the bus running type of affair. They will play hard till half time and if they're ahead they'll give effort in the 2nd half...if not they got one foot on the bus. Just the way it is. Don't condone it but I understand it.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with injuries, it has nothing to do with back-to-back, and it has nothing to do with being on the road......  it has to do with having a lack of talent and a lack of athleticism......  they have beaten Orlando twice (during what was probably the height of the trade talk), they beat the Bulls once (without Rose), and they barely beat the Hawks last week (without Horford) and they beat the Clippers.... I cannot think of one other win against a playoff team.  They just played 4 potential playoff teams on the road trip and won 1 of them.

The only difference between being at home vs. the road is that at home they can beat bad teams more easily, whereas on the road it is more difficult for them.

They barely beat GS on the day of the trade that made sure Ellis didn't play and Curry was hurt.  They lost to Denver after the trade so - Denver was without Nene and Javale McGee, now they beat Washington without Nene and it is to some reassuring that the Cs are right back in the game......

Starting April 1st they get the Heat, Spurs, Bulls, Pacers, 6ers, Heat (again), then the Hawks on the 11th - 11 days, 7 games, 6 losses, season over....... 

Last week they managed to drop 79 on the Hawks who were without Horford and the first two guys off the bench (and out of their rocking chairs) are Stackhouse and McGrady.....

So save the road, back-to-back, injuries nonsense and try to be at least a little realistic......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not : It has nothing to do with injuries, it has nothing to do with back-to-back, and it has nothing to do with being on the road......  it has to do with having a lack of talent and a lack of athleticism......  they have beaten Orlando twice (during what was probably the height of the trade talk), they beat the Bulls once (without Rose), and they barely beat the Hawks last week (without Horford) and they beat the Clippers.... I cannot think of one other win against a playoff team.  They just played 4 potential playoff teams on the road trip and won 1 of them. The only difference between being at home vs. the road is that at home they can beat bad teams more easily, whereas on the road it is more difficult for them. They barely beat GS on the day of the trade that made sure Ellis didn't play and Curry was hurt.  They lost to Denver after the trade so - Denver was without Nene and Javale McGee, now they beat Washington without Nene and it is to some reassuring that the Cs are right back in the game...... Starting April 1st they get the Heat, Spurs, Bulls, Pacers, 6ers, Heat (again), then the Hawks on the 11th - 11 days, 7 games, 6 losses, season over.......  Last week they managed to drop 79 on the Hawks who were without Horford and the first two guys off the bench (and out of their rocking chairs) are Stackhouse and McGrady..... So save the road, back-to-back, injuries nonsense and try to be at least a little realistic......
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    You're as ridiculous as your post!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: feeling bad about a fallen teamate is understandable. Outright quitting and playing pathetic is not : You're as ridiculous as your post!
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

I just looked up pathetic and I saw no mention of correct, accurate, and realistic.....  nothing I said in my post was anything other than correct, accurate, and realistic.  They cannot beat good teams, they barely beat bad teams on the road, and the saving grace is that they have an easier time at home against bad teams which deludes people like you into thinking they are good.

April 1st to the 11th - the Heat 2ce, Hawks, 6ers, Indy, Spurs, and the Bulls - 11 nights, 7 games, 6 losses - start working on the golf swing.... and after that easy stretch they the Heat again, the 6ers again, the Hawks again, the Magic, and the Knicks for the final time.......

Sections
Shortcuts