Felger's sources are telling him LeBron and Wade are courting Doc

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Felger's sources are telling him LeBron and Wade are courting Doc

on his radio show yesterday Felger said his NBA sources have told him that both guys cornered Doc at NBA All Star Weekend begging him to coach next year.I really hope he doesn't coach these egomaniacs.They don't deserve the classy Rivers.Do you guys think there's a chance Doc might leave for the despicable Heat?I for one would be devestated!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

Re: Felger's sources are telling him LeBron and Wade are courting Doc

I reeally don't think that he will, but who knows miami is close to his family which is in orlando...but i really dont think doc will want to handle the ego of lebron,the man simply doesnt know what team basketball is...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

IF and it's a big IF, there is a lockout next season, my guess would be Doc would really consider it. The Big Three in Boston would be TWO years older. KG might have retired, Ray would be a bench player and Pierce might start to show the ravages of time. IF, DAinge hasn't rebuilt the youth corps, he might opt for Miami. They will have been chastened by not having won anything to the point they'd listen. Plus, Doc's youngest son and I think his daughter will be playing for Florida and Duke, so he might be able to see them play more often. On the other hand, who'd want to deal with a maniac owner, an egocentric Pat Riley, and 3 guys sucking up ALL the cap space but who really don't fit together. In another year or two these guys will be at each others' throats, BIG TIME.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

When KG retires,

anything goes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In Response to Re: Felger's sources are telling him LeBron and Wade are courting Doc:
    When KG retires, anything goes.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime

Truth right here. Doc has a huge tie to KG and really one of the things that drives him at the end of the day is getting KG another ring.

Once KG retires anything goes with Doc. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I believe, Pat Riley was courting Doc last year in anticipation of what's happening now.

AK

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

If I were Doc I would stay as far away from them as possible.
    But then again, maybe he likes a masochistic challenge.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Felger's sources are telling him LeBron and Wade are courting Doc:
    When KG retires, anything goes.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime

Apres KG, le deluge.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

i don't worry about those things....you gotta go, you gotta go.
    who da h3ll we are for him not to go?

no one is indispensable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I sort of disagree that Lebron does not know team basketball.  Its hard to make a statement like that when the guy came into the league as a walking triple double, and usually averages around 7 or 8 assists for a scoring SF, I would say thats pretty good.  Some people say he deffered too much in cleveland early on.  So i guess Lebron can do no right.  Now I am not fond of the guy, but I think you have to atleast call it like it is.  The fact that he is going one on one now at end of games is one thing, but the guys knows team b-ball, its all about if he trusts the players around him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Personally, I think the Heat should court Jerry Sloan. Unlike Spo, he'd reign in the egos of their Big 3 and utilize their talents effectively.

The offense they're using now is too predictable, which I believe is one of their MAIN problems.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Doc would be just what the Heat need.  He is a former player with credibility amongst the current players, and Doc knows how to to manage personalities.  He would implement a defensive system or get a coach who could and he would demand the best from Wade and LeBron. 

To me, the Heat will eventually get there.  It's year one of their rebuilding process.  Eventually, they will get a coach (maybe Doc after Danny blows up the current roster) who can manage the egos and they will fill in the roster with the pieces necessary to compete for the championship.  They need some glue guys and someone who isn't afraid to be the veteran spokesman for that team because the current group seems rudderless despite all the talent.  We can laugh now at the "crying" BS and hope that the Heat fail.  But Riley has a good core to build around, and he's no dummy.        

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Felger is the biggest JERK I hate the way anyone who does not agree with him has no credibility.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Anything is possible, but do you think Doc is not mindful of the problems Lebron and Wade have.

Make no mistake Doc is more mindful than anybody about the big three he coaches now and the other big 3 and what the differences are between them as people and players
    What would he really gain but getting them to a title.  Is he the next Phil Jackson?

I could see him going to Orlando with that theory.  Van Gundy will be out in a year or two.  If Dwight Howard stays he might feel that offers more.

Let Phil Jackson go there?  He has no shame about being a carpetbagger.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Can you imagine coaching a couple of guys that would go behind their current coach's back like this?  These guys should be heavily fined by the NBA for tampering.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Can you imagine coaching a couple of guys that would go behind their current coach's back like this?  These guys should be heavily fined by the NBA for tampering.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

It was a non story as far as the celtics are concern, This should be a story on Miami mesage boards. Even if they did try to woo Doc Felger made it seem as if Doc would consider it instead of exploiting desoeration on James and Wades part. That is the real story.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

I personally don't care,if he goes to Miami. Thibs turned this team around,and Doc is riding his coattails and defense system.

Lawrence Frank could take right over or Ainge could hire Van Gundy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Just the thought of them approaching Doc and asking him to come to Miami when they currently have a coach, tells you something about their character's.

Hopefully, Doc "the coach" realized that ... And they wonder why there Ostracized by the public.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Doc if they're gonna pay you the big bucks....I won't get on this board and say stay. Heyyyyy.....it must be the monayyyy!!! lol 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Sounds like Felger would like to go to Miami.  He dislikes the Celtics and the only team he seems to care about is the Bruins.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Lets see...

Doc almost quit this year but decided to come back for one more shot at the ring.

His family lives in Orlando, and he used to coach in Orlando.

He used to play for the Hawks in Atlanta, and he comes from Chicago.

The big three may only have this year, if and when the lock out happens.

Doc remembers the pre-big three Celtics and I am sure that he does not want to want to coach a team like that again, now that he has star power.

When KG retires, the show is over.

Since he will be able to write his own ticket after this year, anything can happen. What Celtic fans think, is not, and should not be on the top of his list.
    He has a family, and a reputation to protect. Unfortunately this is not the 1960s, This is David Stern's NBA.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Umbutu,
    Excellent post, but I don't think we can figure what Doc will do.  He will not go to the Heat is my prediction and hope.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Can see Doc coaching the Heat at some point.  Give Doc talented veterans and he is a great coach.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I sort of disagree that Lebron does not know team basketball.  Its hard to make a statement like that when the guy came into the league as a walking triple double, and usually averages around 7 or 8 assists for a scoring SF, I would say thats pretty good.  Some people say he deffered too much in cleveland early on.  So i guess Lebron can do no right.  Now I am not fond of the guy, but I think you have to atleast call it like it is.  The fact that he is going one on one now at end of games is one thing, but the guys knows team b-ball, its all about if he trusts the players around him.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Jay, I agree with you.  Its like saying Stoudemire can't play defense.  The real problem is that he's only played for one coach over any period of time (D'Antoni).  ITs the coaching.  Lebron came into the league with great potential.  No matter how great you are, the really great ones have a great coach (Duncan has Pop; Garnett has Doc, Magic had Riley, Jodan had Jackson, Malone had Sloan, and you get the picture).  Lebron has had only wimpy, terrible, inexperienced coaches who have not taught him how to use his potential.  Remember, between Kobe's early coaches and Jackson coming back - Kobe forgot what team ball was and he won nothing.  So, he had to get humble again and remember that teams win.  Even today, when Kobe tries to do too much himself, his team suffers.  

Lebron can play team ball.  He just needs an experienced and confident coach who can teach him how to use his teammates and use his other advantages (how to post up and receive the ball from your point guard rather than always try to dribble the ball for 21 seconds).

Sections
Shortcuts