Fernandez to Boston more likely

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Re: Fernandez to Boston more likely

What is the cash value of a #1 pick?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

within the context of professional sports , no he is not handsomely paid. by every other standard, yes he is. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

The article I read doesn't say Rudy will not return to POR.  It says he will not return the NBA!

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The agent for Rudy Fernandez says the Portland Trail Blazers swingman does not want to return to the NBA.

Agent Andy Miller told several media outlets that Fernandez wants to play in Europe and is willing to sit out for the next two seasons, the time left on his contract with the Blazers.

Blazers general manager Rich Cho says the team has looked at several possible deals involving the Spaniard, but none of them has made sense for Portland.

Fernandez, a fan favorite, has been unhappy about his playing time. Known for his 3-point shot and energy off the bench, he averaged 8.1 points, 2.6 rebounds and two assists last season but missed 20 games with injuries.

Miller could not immediately be reached by The Associated Press.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

perhaps i cant read.article i saw i believe specified only not wanting to return to portland. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I just read a large article at yahoo sports that states that fernandez is done with the nba and he's willing to sit out the season, be suspended by portland in order to get out of here and go back to euro ball. 

the article unequivocally stated that fernandez wants out of the nba and doesn't ever want to come back. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

That could mean he won't play in the NBA and plans to sit (he has a valid contract) or more likely he's telling Portland to move him now. 

Portland might feel a couple picks and Bradley would also work. There is probably a compromise somewhere like a couple picks and flotsam.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Not giving up a lot is why a deal hasn't been made.  When Portland reduces it's asking price (whatever that is) a deal will be made somewhere.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

This looks like one of those cases where the longer people discuss it, the more 'out there' the discussion becomes. Fernandez is a journeyman without any trade leverage, and people are discussing dealing for him like he's a significant contributor! Boston should not trade this year's AND next year's Number Ones for this guy! Period. The idea of throwing in additional players AND money as well, takes the analysis to absurd dimensions.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

how is he a journeyman? he seems to be using a considerable amount of trade leverage. bradley may end up being good, but fernandez is legit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Re: Fernandez to Boston more likely:
    [QUOTE]perhaps i cant read.article i saw i believe specified only not wanting to return to portland. 
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

This is the quote I see.."Miller said Fernandez has become so frustrated with NBA politics that he no longer wants to play in the league"

Fernandez is a good foul shooter, a streaky 3 point gunner and plays NO defense.  He doesn't exactly fit the Celtic mold and to a later poster ....we really wouldn't want to give up Gaffney or Bradley for him, especially at this point!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jokerblue. Show Jokerblue's posts

Fernandez will win 3-4 million of euros in Europe. The NBA is a bad business plan for him. Real Madrid, Barcelona or perhaps Panathinaikos are waiting to pay a lot of euros for him.

He´ll go for sure to Europe and probably to Spain.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

He can't play in Europe while he has a valid contract here, which is one year with an option.

He is not a journeyman.  He's a young player with skills who's stuck behind another young player with greater skills. The various Celtics blogs have recounted his skills and value to the C's.  Simply put he's the best available and has potential to be a pretty decent player.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Crazy talk to give Bradley.  Please.. Fernandez had a good rookie season but let's not get carried away.  Give them next to nothing and see what it brings.  Who can be sure he is the answer and based on the recent reports he wants to be in Europe. I think he is stupid to not want to play for the Celtics.  If he has any desire to excel he will stay and play in the NBA.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

we should not even be discussing trading draft picks for anyone short of a franchise player at this point. we are going to need all our draft picks and need to use them wisely. we will be in bigtime rebuilding mode 2 years from now and will need all the picks we can get. i wish we could get walker back. he'd be a decent backup for PP. my problem with getting fernandez is that he's not a 3, he's a 2. we need a backup 3 in a bad way.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

In Response to Re: Fernandez to Boston more likely:
    [QUOTE]What has Rudy Fernandez done to make him "legit"?  The reason why he can't get regular playing time in Portland is because Nate McMillan runs a deliberate half-court offense. Fernandez is better suited for teams like NY and Phoenix where only offense happens. 
    Posted by Fierce34[/QUOTE]
    You just want to disagree with me don't you? haha. He is skilled. He has a dirty floater (sounds gross). He shoots a high percentage from three. He is very very athletic. He was not utilized to his potential.
    He is well suited to a team like Boston who can get lethargic at times. He brings energy and offense off of the bench.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

No one is advocating trading Bradley for Fernandez. Portland may have asked for him, or may have asked for several draft picks, or Harangody plus draft picks, or some other deal.  But whatever Portland was asking for (and not only from the C's) it was too much.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticsTillTheCasketDrops. Show CelticsTillTheCasketDrops's posts

i just read in the paper today that rudy fernandez doesn't want to join the nba and prefers to sit out the next two years. And play in europe.You see what David Stern does to players? he chases them away due to the crooked politics that goes around this league that needs to be clenaed up

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I guess I don't watch enough NBA,because I just don't see the infatuation with Fernandez. He might be an OK player but a super star he ain't. I wouldn't under any circumstances trade either Harangody or Bradley for him. He might be worth a future 2nd round pick and Lafayette or Gaffney but not both. Good luck in either case..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

I think that it is less likely the Rudy ends up with the C's.  He simply doesn't fit the bill in terms of what the C's need.

1)  The C's have enough PG's and SG's.  They need a wing.
    2)  Rudy is looking for minutes, not a minor bench role.  This can only lead to drama in the locker room similar to what Rudy is doing to Portland.  No thanks.
    3) the C's need a defensive minded wing off the bench, not an offensive minded guard who doesn't play D.

Danny will stay away from this guy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Danny is drooling over this guy