Fernandez to Boston more likely

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Fernandez to Boston more likely

Where is he going to get minutes less long touches with second unit consisting of Nate, Bradley, Wafer, Harangody, BBD,and Shaq/JON?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

More to the point where would Robinson,Quis, Haragody, and Wafer get their touches behind Fernandez and Bradley.

Robinson and Quis will get some time, but Luke and Von would  be seeing a lot of DNP coaches decision

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Would Portland take Von Wafer? That's as far as I would go.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Fernandez to Boston more likely:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fernandez to Boston more likely : we should not even be discussing trading draft picks for anyone short of a franchise player Why not? Maybe he ends up as a better backup to PP and RA than Wafer. If that happens Danny could easily trade Wafer etal after the trade restriction. Secondly, given the C's current roster, we shouldn't have a very good 1st round pick next year or need it for that matter. With everyone due back in 2011-2012' with the exception of Davis, Daniels, Perkins & Erden, of which Davis & Perkins would most likely be resigned barring some sort of trade, then we'd only have 2 spots to fill with a MLE signing and the BAE available. So I don't put much value on next years #1 pick and would surely part with it and Laf/Gaf for a guy that could end up as RA's long term replacement at very cheap $ ... just saying. i wish we could get walker back. he'd be a decent backup for PP We probably cold but be careful what you wish for ... nobody has seen what he can do on the BB Court (as opposed to District Court) for awhile. If he were the AW of old or even recent past he could be a nice backup but why bother taking the risk (that said, Danny is a risk taker) if you don't have to? Jarvis Hayes will do nicely. fernandez is that he's not a 3, he's a 2. we need a backup 3 in a bad way Tru Dat! But we don't necessarily have to have that wing right away. If we can get Rudy now in time for training camp we may be pleasantly surprised ... who knows, maybe he can play 2 & 3? If not, as I said, we can always make another move. What have we got to lose giving up a draft pick and cash or matching salary via Laf/Gaf ??? JUST DO IT!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I think he meant Billy Walker, not Antoine!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

rudy is better than wafer daniels and walker combined.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Fernandez to Boston more likely:
    [QUOTE]Fernandez's agent says he will not return to Portland. Usually I am against this sort of posturing by a handsomely paid athlete, but it is clear that he never fit in well there. He was misutilized. Hopefully this pushes forward a trade.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

I wonder if he'd be happy sitting on the bench here, though...

He's unhappy because he thinks he deserves more than 23.2 minutes per game in Portland.  I don't think he'd get too much more time here, even if he would be the primary backup to both Ray Allen and Pierce.  And I wonder if he's strictly a gunner or if his defense can be serviceable, too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5477272

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Fernandez would be a good back up for Ray, but I don't see him in the SF role.  I'd still rather see a 6'8" player.  Now if we want to just acquire chips, Rudy is fine.  I just don't like our height on the roster.  KG, JON, Shaq and Ray have equality or advantages at their positions.  Rondo, Nate, BBD, and even PP are a little short.  Bradley and Harangody are also short.  Wafer and Quis at 2 and 3 are OK, but don't provide an advantage.

PA

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Fernandez would be a good back up for Ray, but I don't see him in the SF role.  I'd still rather see a 6'8" player.  Now if we want to just acquire chips, Rudy is fine.  I just don't like our height on the roster.  KG, JON, Shaq and Ray have equality or advantages at their positions.  Rondo, Nate, BBD, and even PP are a little short.  Bradley and Harangody are also short.  Wafer and Quis at 2 and 3 are OK, but don't provide an advantage. PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE] Bradley is 6'2 3/4" and Harangody is 6'8" neither one are short.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toine83. Show toine83's posts

I don't want a Laker fan play for the Celtics

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]As A. Sherrod Blakely tweeted: Larry and Rudy are both options, but I'm not crazy about locking up that 15th roster spot before camp starts . 5:56 AM Aug 19th via Twitter for BlackBerry® in reply to goodrich34 Or for that matter until a week or so after camp ... who knows what players may be released or put up for trade.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]
    there is nor ever will there be a better player available.

Sections
Shortcuts