Festus Ezeli drafted #30 ready for NBA and Fab Melo not readyS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Festus Ezeli drafted #30 ready for NBA and Fab Melo not readyS

So why didn't we draft Festus like I wanted?

Melo drafted #22?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Festus Ezeli drafted #30 ready for NBA and Fab Melo not readyS

I said this the other day.......I believe Festus was more NBA-ready at Vandy.  Melo has only been playing for a couple of years.  I am quite sure Festus was considered by DA - no, not the OP......the REAL DA....lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Matt Dillon said that Festus was not ready yet.   You don't argue with Matt.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Yeah kirk, that was the title of my thread last summer!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

hedley, what are your abbreviations DA OP mean. You lost me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

DA  - Danny Ainge

OP - Opening Post

I did not mean you....ha ha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Did you know Fab Melo just broke the dleague record for blocked shots in a game? 

Word is he is progressing nicely. Drafting a big guy like that is a 2-3 year project. If he works out his upside is higher than Festus IMO. Neither are contributing much this year. 

Unless you have a top three draft pick you have to draft big men who are 2-3 years away and take a chance. It's not a science. 

Melo is taller than Festus and with the right workouts could end up being bigger/heavier too, in a good way. 

We won't know for several years who the better pick was. My money's on Melo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Bostontroll, I know who the better player is right now. It's Festus. We need a championship now, not 2 years from now.

Got you Hedley! Ha ha!

What I like about big men is quick feet and explosion. Melo does'nt have quick enough feet for my taste.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Kevin McHale, Robert Parrish, Perkins and so many others didn't have quick feet but they new how to play the game.  Very few have quick feet (ie; Bill Russell) and they are very, very hard to find at 7 feet.  Melo is young and even younger basketball wise.   He has so much to learn that he's never even been taught.  Melo is working with just raw talent and we see what he has accomplished.  He is in the D League so he can actually learn how to play the game.  He can't do that on an NBA roster because they have so few practices and then he sits the bench.  This young man needs practice, tutoring, practice, minutes and more practice.  He will only get that in the D League.  In the NBA he will get eaten up and probably lose confidence.  I'd be surprised to see him this year but with a D League season and a full off season this kid will be on next years roster, maybe not ready but will have the basic basketball skills and knowledge to move forward.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Matt Dillon said that Festus was not ready yet.   You don't argue with Matt.

[/QUOTE]  Miss Kitty said he was!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

So red2004 you are just agreeing that if we wanted to draft an immediate contributor, we should of drafted Festus.

I want to be positive, but I think we'll be waiting far too long for Melo to become the next Tyson Chandler.

Plus Mchale,Parish and Perk in their primes were not fast but I contend that they had quick feet. Mchales post moves, Parish with the baseline tomahawk spinoff, Perk showing on countless pick n rolls and recovering to his man.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxCsBruins. Show SoxCsBruins's posts

i posted about festus back in march and before the draft..really wanted danny to take him, he would have been immediate help instead of a project.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/someone-id-love-to-see-in-green-next-year/100/6288352

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Fierce you are the most optimistic homer, and I mean that as a compliment.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tallsmuuvy. Show Tallsmuuvy's posts

Fab Melo and Jarvis are a better combination than Jeff Green (plays like a girl), Brandon Bass (too cool to rebound) and Sullinger (fat boy with short wing span). Get some people that are not scared to go to the basket instead of shooting broke jump shots that result in constant scores for the other team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

What I'm saying is, Melo fit what the C's wanted.  A project with a lot of upside.  If you were to make  a trade right now, at this moment.  You would get more in return for Melo than you would for Festus because of his long term value and upside.  Sully was drafted for the now and I would take Sully over Festus also.

If your saying Kevin, Robert and Kendrick have quick feet, you should have no problem with Melo's agility and movement.  Those aren't his issue.  It's learning the game so that he can be effective.  You bring him up now and you could ruin what potential he has built so far.  He is a project, whether it's for the C's or some other team that trades for him.

We may get what everyone says we need in a big man because we drafted Melo but not if we drafted Festus.

If you want the now I contend you don't get it with either but you will get more packaging Melo in a deal.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts