Fierce and Fungus Free Zone - Basketball Discussion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Fierce and Fungus Free Zone - Basketball Discussion

If Fierce would stop polluting every single thread on here 24x7, maybe we could have a productive Celtics basketball discussion.

It would be great to have a "Fierce Fungus Free zone", where the Fungus is not invited to participate?  Maybe just affix "FFF" to your post.

Unfortuneately, because he is such an immature attention queen, I fear that will just attract the troll.  He just doesn't get it.  

FFF Question:

At this point, knowing what you do, and assuming Fav is at center... Who would you start at PF - Sully, Oly, Bass or Hump ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Fierce and Fungus Free Zone - Basketball Discussion

Starter??? Purely academic.

Why not split the minutes down the middle with Sully and Oly?

Both have an enormous amount  to prove.

It is going to be a Gawd-awful season culminating in the lottery but we will surely get a good look at what either/both of these players can bring to the table.

Hopefully Sully can stay healthy and the franchise can be built around this interesting combo.

It should be a fascinating season from the vantage point of getting good looks at new talent.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Look, I'm not really a Fierce detractor.  Yes.  He does annoy me when he destroys threads with his juvenile catfights and his HAHAHA's and his I-Told-You-So's, but when he sticks to basketball, I usually find him to be one of the more knowledgeable people on here.  I think that what bothers people too - he injects reality into alot of the stupid pie-in-the-sky proposed trade and roster moves.  But enough about Fierce.

As for your question, I'm not sure Fav will be the starting center.  I still wonder why he only played 17 minutes per game in Spain.  I think there is a shot Humphries will be the starting center.  Sully would be my starting power forward provided he's healthy.  If Bass is starting at PF, we're in trouble.  Olynyk would be my 6th or 7th guy right now - let's not throw him to the wolves yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I start Bass today because:

1. Bass was the starter last year, so its his starting position to lose.  

2. Also, Danny will want to unload Bass and his multi-year contract.  (Hump's expiring contract has value) So maybe showcasing Bass at the beginning of the season will enable a better trade deal for him in December. 

3. Hump is the first reserve off the bench at PF.  Because I think they bring Sully along very slowly to make sure his back is fully healed and strengthened.  Despite his potential there is no need to rush Oly. He has some learning to do at PF, especially at D, since he played C in college.        

4.  Its all about the rebuild this year and learning a new system, not necessarily winning.  Once Bass is traded in December, Sully starts and shares minutes with Oly to develop and build chemistry.  Hump is moved and sacraficed at backup center to take a bruising and reduce wear and tear on Fav or whomever is at Center.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

2. Also, Danny will want to unload Bass and his multi-year contract.  (Hump's expiring contract has value) So maybe showcasing Bass at the beginning of the season will enable a better trade deal for him in December. 

3. Hump is the first reserve off the bench at PF.  Because I think they bring Sully along very slowly to make sure his back is fully healed and strengthened.  Despite his potential there is no need to rush Oly. He has some learning to do at PF, especially at D, since he played C in college.        

4.  Its all about the rebuild this year and learning a new system, not necessarily winning.  Once Bass is traded in December, Sully starts and shares minutes with Oly to develop and build chemistry.  Hump is moved and sacraficed at backup center to take a bruising and reduce wear and tear on Fav or whomever is at Center.

+1

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Dunk, all very good points and i certainly see your assessment as realitc and even probable. But, i would love to see Fav-C, Sully/Bass-PF, Jeff/Olly-SF, AB/Jeff-SG, and I will leave PG until a bit closer to camp. 

I see the potential for the Cs to create outrageous matchup problems with size and bigs with great ball skills. i wouldnt be surprised to see the Cs moving toward the biggest team in the league while maintaining outrageous skill level. Jeff, Olly, Sully all have crazy ball skills and scoring ability. I'm excited to see how they come together. Sorry to see the TERRORIST cant help himself even when not welcomed (FFF) Sad, and pathetic really. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Terrorist?

Who has long hair and tattoos on his body?

If you had ever been to America, you would know that nearly 1 of every 5 adult Americans, to include nearly 70% of all players in the NBA have tatoos you ignorant Hut dwelling terrorist. Again you prove your lack of knowledge. And based on your tiny little head on your Avatar I'd say your real body couldnt handle any normal sized tattoo. Makes sense why you are ashamed of it  Stupid terrorist. I shall ignore you now dummy. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Terrorist?

If you had ever been to America, you would know that nearly 1 of every 5 adult Americans, to include nearly 70% of all players in the NBA have tatoos you ignorant Hut dwelling terrorist. Again you prove your lack of knowledge. Stupid terrorist. 

WOW! 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

If Fierce would stop polluting every single thread on here 24x7, maybe we could have a productive Celtics basketball discussion.

It would be great to have a "Fierce Fungus Free zone", where the Fungus is not invited to participate?  Maybe just affix "FFF" to your post.

Unfortuneately, because he is such an immature attention queen, I fear that will just attract the troll.  He just doesn't get it.  

FFF Question:

At this point, knowing what you do, and assuming Fav is at center... Who would you start at PF - Sully, Oly, Bass or Hump ?

I don't have a problem with Fierce.  I can easily ignore him when he becomes irritating.  If you don't attempt to beat him into submission (and why would you do that to anybody) you will be fine with him.

Regarding your question, Fav is not the starting 5.  In my book Sullinger starts at 4 and possibly Humphries starts at 5.  Olynyk should see some backup 4/5 minutes.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Russell1's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment: 

Terrorist?

If you had ever been to America, you would know that nearly 1 of every 5 adult Americans, to include nearly 70% of all players in the NBA have tatoos you ignorant Hut dwelling terrorist. Again you prove your lack of knowledge. Stupid terrorist. 

WOW! 

RallyC resorts to racism.

And to think he's not even a real American.

Born in Boston, Ma. USA you stipid terrorist. 100% AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT you barefoot hut dweller. High fived Larry Bird from third row cortside in the old Garden. I'm a real Celtic diehard, not some internet fan who picked a good team to root for because he neede somebody to write to in the USA. Arent you that Nigerian who keeps wanting to share your lottery winnings with me? HAHAHAHAHAHAHABAHA!!!!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Let's just put it this way, RallyC, just because you're born in America it doesn't mean your ancestors were not hut dwellers.

I mean Hitler wouldn't even consider turning your remains into soap because it has so many impurities.

Now you're a fan of Hitler and think like him you piece of crap? THIS IS THE USA YOU DAMNED FOOL! You dont know a thing about Americans, obviously. What the hell are u tring to say now, u idiot? Gettm boys!!!!!! I hope you never come to our country you foolish terrorist. You wouldnt last long. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

You wrote it dummy, not me. You have no Idea what you are talking about. Go away. Back on ignore for you.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Can you say America's most wanted?

HAHAHA

Most wanted by YO MOMMA! YO SISTA, and probably by you!! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Bye bye Nigerian Nightmare!

25. This post has been removed.