Fierce is right about Bass

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Fierce is right about Bass

Give yourself credit too, Kirk.  You posted the best lineup - Rondo, Lee, Pierce, Sully and KG.  That is the team I've said since training camp should start........Bass would be great coming off the bench....he is not starter material.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

So are we saying based on these ratings that Joseph is starter material???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

While I am a statistical person and do put stock in these numbers. U must take these with a grain of salt. By these stats terry is our best defender? That doesnt sound right at all. And rondo and pp are a combined -.6 when they are on the court (it is less than a point, but still)

These stats just like any become more accurate with more of a sample size hence the reason kris joseph is the  greatest player in nba history. Small sample size, he has played less that  1% of available minutes. So lets see where these numbers end up after the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I love stats myself, but as you said, must be taken in context..Sometimes, a player doen't fill the stst sheet, but still had a good game. taking charges, changing shots, passing the ball, setting good screens, and tough D..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Give yourself credit too, Kirk.  You posted the best lineup - Rondo, Lee, Pierce, Sully and KG.  That is the team I've said since training camp should start........Bass would be great coming off the bench....he is not starter material.

[/QUOTE]

Lee and Sully are not so great in that analysis either. So they would be part of the ideal lineup and not Bass?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Stats are nice but are merely a component and really dont mean very much on their own..  Watching the games will tell you lots more...

If our PG is constantly beat off the dribble and Sully has to switch off and his guy gets an easy layup cause nobody picked him up... looks like Sully losing his battle...

What about stats being gathered playing agasint lesser competition..like the 2nd and 3rd string players...

So much goes into the game... like blocking out a defender so your teammate has a clearer path to the bucket... its all unnoticed in the stat line.. Throw them out the window.. then watch 40+ games and see whats going on... then u can check the stats and make some sense of them.. maybe

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

based on these stats how would one determine that sullinger should start instead of bass? 

personally, don't think it matters one iota whether bass or sullinger starts or comes off the bench. the real point is the celtics not only have two undersized power forwards with serious limitations, they also have two power forwards playing center. add in the very passive jeff green playing some minutes at the 4 and you get what we have - a horrible rebounding team and one without a single legit low post offesnive presence. 

to some extent teams can overcome deficencies in certain areas because they are strong in others, but I'm not sure this team is using its strengths in the best way possible either. in a team that (on paper at least) has a lot of verstaile depth, a top notch point guard with jets, some athletic bodies, and some solid three point shooters, the team should be able to run much more effectively than it is. of course, rebounding is part of being able to do this, so perhaps that's where the discussion needs to begin and end?

seems as if the d is slowly improving (at least there have been some signs of life), bradley will help some, but unless jeff green wakes up from his slumber and the team makes a significant move or two to bring in some actual, legitimate big bodies here (without sacrificing its key talent), doesn't appear that this team can contend as is. 

Sections
Shortcuts