Fierce, Rondo Brotherhood, read it and weep! Sounds kinda familiar, EH?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Re: Fierce, Rondo Brotherhood, read it and weep! Sounds kinda familiar, EH?

RallyC,

No HOFs around, no Doc, post-ACL recovery - fair enough. But those are just personal opinions, assumptions.

I can argue that RR, being a very stubborn, driven, competitive person, will easily overcome the absence of KG and PP.

Also, RR is not a spring chicken, a rookie, who needs a father-figure to guide him every step.

Also, I believe that, again being who he is, RR will overcome the injury, will recover 100% (obviously it'll take time) and become again one of the elite PGs.

On top of that, the main point I want to bring forward is his skills, his toughness and desire to win will not diminish due to the above mentioned setbacks.

Is there probability that RR stumbles and falls without KG- and PP-crutches? Yes.

Is there probability that RR goes berserk and poisons the whole team without Doc? Yes.

Is there probability that RR doesn't recover from his injury? Yes.

But those are just probabilities and very low at that. I would bet against them. You can bet for them if you'd like. But to bring opinion of a masslive.com beat writer as authority is kind of lame.

AK

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

I truly wonder what you do for a iving. Gotta be remedial.

Fungus works  for the oil industry.... in  customer service.

Pud

PRICELESS!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Rajon Rondo is the GREATEST OF ALL TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Fear the GOAT

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to painter's comment:

Well now, does this mean Rondo's stock has diminished to the point that no trades are likely to happen, and he'll play here?  Prolly, and all the "trade RR" talk can be suspended for a year or so. 

Ainge is just smart enough not to take 10 cents on the dollar.  In other words, getting back weak player(s) or 2nd round pick(s) - for him.  I think.   

Rondo's injury isn't one that will rank as an all-time career changer, but it will take him some time to regain confidence in his knee to the point of not thinking about it.  I believe that and a more extensive injury and surgery has kept Rose on the shelf this long.  To get to full confidence in a knee is not as dependent on rehab as much as it is to get psycologically fit.  Leon Powe did it, twice.  

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

Paint, but when you factor in the other, well documented, highly publicized concerns about RR's disposition and his anger management problems with the uncertainty of his abilities after rehab, waiting until later could prove a badly placed gamble. This would be especially true if we get a descent offer in the meantime then turn it down. We know there are issues without the ACL, why gamble with a new inexperienced coach and all new cast? Is it worth it if it goes wrong?  I say absolutely not. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Your unbridled optimism about Rondo has been and continues to be  built on false hopes.

Adjust your own expectations.... and your fears and disappointments will dissipate.

Pud

From your vantage point it is not surprising that you see my position on Rondo as unbridled optimism.  Your negativity is really quite pathetic.  It is clear that you have adjusted all expectations in many things.  It is also clear that this has had no effect on your fears and disappointments.

In response to sinus007's comment:

RallyC,

No HOFs around, no Doc, post-ACL recovery - fair enough. But those are just personal opinions, assumptions.

I can argue that RR, being a very stubborn, driven, competitive person, will easily overcome the absence of KG and PP.

Also, RR is not a spring chicken, a rookie, who needs a father-figure to guide him every step.

Also, I believe that, again being who he is, RR will overcome the injury, will recover 100% (obviously it'll take time) and become again one of the elite PGs.

On top of that, the main point I want to bring forward is his skills, his toughness and desire to win will not diminish due to the above mentioned setbacks.

Is there probability that RR stumbles and falls without KG- and PP-crutches? Yes.

Is there probability that RR goes berserk and poisons the whole team without Doc? Yes.

Is there probability that RR doesn't recover from his injury? Yes.

But those are just probabilities and very low at that. I would bet against them. You can bet for them if you'd like. But to bring opinion of a masslive.com beat writer as authority is kind of lame.

AK

Sinus, no disrespect, but when you said, "No HOFs around, no Doc, post-ACL recovery - fair enough. But those are just personal opinions, assumptions." I gotta tell you, THAT IS LITTERALLY WRONG MAN. these factors aren' opinions, or assumptions.  They are all true real life, 100% facts No matter what my opinion or assumptions are. are you sure you are clear on what you are trying to say slick? EVERYTHING that you say is opinion based. Yet, you are accusing me of exactly what you are doing when I am not doing it AT ALL. just being real. you have to know the difference between the two before you start to debate man. Lets just leave it at that. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

Your unbridled optimism about Rondo has been and continues to be  built on false hopes.

Adjust your own expectations.... and your fears and disappointments will dissipate.

Pud

From your vantage point it is not surprising that you see my position on Rondo as unbridled optimism.  Your negativity is really quite pathetic.  It is clear that you have adjusted all expectations in many things.  It is also clear that this has had no effect on your fears and disappointments.

I feel your pain, my friend.

I am optimistic that the Rondo era is winding down at long last.

You are fearful and disappointed that my "pessimism" may be right on the money... in that there will be little to show for his leaving other than addition by subtraction.

No "superstar" in return. Maybe a  lotto pic. Maybe not.

Certainly  lots of disappointment all the way around.

You're in  a tough position.

Pud

I feel your pain, my friend.

I am optimistic that the Rondo era is winding down at long last.

You are fearful and disappointed that my "pessimism" may be right on the money... in that there will be little to show for his leaving other than addition by subtraction.

No "superstar" in return. Maybe a  lotto pic. Maybe not.

Certainly  lots of disappointment all the way around.

You're in  a tough position.

Pud

Precisely.  That is what I hear you saying loud and clear.  Along with your statement that Rondo will simply not improve because people get cast into their mould by the time they get out of diapers.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

you guys can't even help yourselves

I think we need psychiatric attention in the offseason....we should have an encounter group...something where we fall backwards off tables and trust the opposing view holders catch us.....maybe a layup line with paintball rifles fired at the guy from the baseline when he leaves his feet

In response to shines01's comment:

you guys can't even help yourselves

I think we need psychiatric attention in the offseason....we should have an encounter group...something where we fall backwards off tables and trust the opposing view holders catch us.....maybe a layup line with paintball rifles fired at the guy from the baseline when he leaves his feet

Smile

Having a hard time visualizing this but it could be fun.  OK, I understand.

In the best of all worlds, Rondo would be a level headed and heady leader, calm and cool under fire, able to sink 80% of his free throws, especially in tight games, as well as timely jump shots from 15' and in.....and willing to play stifling D which he is certainly fast, tough and athletic to do...but he's shown little ability to do so on a sustained basis and his leg injury simply complicates the situation.

I hope for the best, but reality tells me otherwise...and they really need him to be the guy I discussed at the beginning of this entry, not the guy who picked a fight with that moron The Kardazzian Hump.

Oh yeah, don't forget...FEAR THE GOAT!!!!!!!!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I'll let the "experts" from ESPN, as you call them Fierce, speak for themselves......HA!

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2013/08/rajon_rondo_not_projected_amon.html

If you didn't know any better, you would think this guys called me first to ask my opinion, huh Fierce? Go ahead, say it again...."Anyone who thinks Rajon Rondo isn't a top ten PG TODAY is an idiot." Go ahead man, HA! WRONG AGAIN FOOL....

This doesn't state he isn't a Top 10 PG. It statess that he is project is based on 48 games. Extend that to 82 can compare to the rest of the top 10. You have never.wrote an academic paper based on how you use sources.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Oh boy... someone in the media says Rondo not in the top ten PGs.... that must make it the gospel according to Fungus.. Now he can downgrade his opinion freely about Rondo because someone in the media said it.

Rondo's not even top 15, maybe top 20.  ACL, bad attitude, no defense, cant shoot, no more HOF's making him look like hes got a clue, morale killer, diva, usually disappears in the 4th, kicked off the USA Olympic team by the greatly respected legendary coach K & a history since college of being a punk. Top 20??? That's really stretching it.

What's Fungus gonna do now that more in the media downgrade Rondo.... his only option is to repeat what they say and pretend its his original thought, as always

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Precisely.  That is what I hear you saying loud and clear.  Along with your statement that Rondo will simply not improve because people get cast into their mould by the time they get out of diapers.

If we could agree to suspend the laws of personality  development and human nature, there may be an outside chance that Rondo might mature, on and off the court.

Otherwise R9R has about as much chance of leading this franchise into the next era as Jeffrey Dahmer had of becoming a model citizen and vegan.... once grown.

The mold is set by 6 to 7 years of age.

Rondo is much older than that at this point.... and Jeffrey is blessedly deceased.

Pud

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Oh boy... someone in the media says Rondo not in the top ten PGs.... that must make it the gospel according to Fungus.. Now he can downgrade his opinion freely about Rondo because someone in the media said it.

Rondo's not even top 15, maybe top 20.  ACL, bad attitude, no defense, cant shoot, no more HOF's making him look like hes got a clue, morale killer, diva, usually disappears in the 4th, kicked off the USA Olympic team by the greatly respected legendary coach K & a history since college of being a punk. Top 20??? That's really stretching it.

What's Fungus gonna do now that more in the media downgrade Rondo.... his only option is to repeat what they say and pretend its his original thought, as always

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just the fact that you say Rondo is probably not in the top 20 pgs clearly tells us all that you are clueless and just jump a the proverbial bandwagon... if you want to be believable then you have to stop spewing nonsense...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Pretty ill conceived post by Rally. 

Turns out this "ESPN ranking" is this one wonky writer's wonky ratings system. And it turns out that if Rondo is allocated the number of games he should if could play a full season, then he is in the top ten. 

It's ridiculous to say much about Rondo till he gets back on the court, but I think a top ten ranking if fair for him, and then you can debate within the top ten from there. So this writer basically backs up those who think he's in the top ten somewhere. 

I probably have him around 5 but it depends a little as his post season play overall has been exceptional. Given some great up and coming point guards you can see ranking Rondo somewhere in the 3-10 range, the rest is debate. 

I am not an ESPN insider so I can't see their whole list but from what I can tell the writer has Derrick Rose pretty far down also, possible for the same injury reasons. 

Nice to have the ignore button back, I haven' bothered with it but seeing more absurd stuff from pud it was neat to see his posts just disappear. Before I pressed the button I saw that he had asked for a more recent supportive quote than Magic on Rondo in 2012 - even though Rondo himself hasn't played since 2012. I'm not sure if a mind can get any smaller.

If we could agree to suspend the laws of personality  development and human nature, there may be an outside chance that Rondo might mature, on and off the court.

Otherwise R9R has about as much chance of leading this franchise into the next era as Jeffrey Dahmer had of becoming a model citizen and vegan.... once grown.

Rondo is much older than that at this point.... and Jeffrey is blessedly deceased.

Pud

Yup.  Rondo and Jeffrey Dahmer.  I can see it now.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Pretty ill conceived post by Rally. 

Turns out this "ESPN ranking" is this one wonky writer's wonky ratings system. And it turns out that if Rondo is allocated the number of games he should if could play a full season, then he is in the top ten. 

It's ridiculous to say much about Rondo till he gets back on the court, but I think a top ten ranking if fair for him, and then you can debate within the top ten from there. So this writer basically backs up those who think he's in the top ten somewhere. 

I probably have him around 5 but it depends a little as his post season play overall has been exceptional. Given some great up and coming point guards you can see ranking Rondo somewhere in the 3-10 range, the rest is debate. 

I am not an ESPN insider so I can't see their whole list but from what I can tell the writer has Derrick Rose pretty far down also, possible for the same injury reasons. 

Nice to have the ignore button back, I haven' bothered with it but seeing more absurd stuff from pud it was neat to see his posts just disappear. Before I pressed the button I saw that he had asked for a more recent supportive quote than Magic on Rondo in 2012 - even though Rondo himself hasn't played since 2012. I'm not sure if a mind can get any smaller.

It can completely disappear!Laughing

Pud

Yup.  Rondo and Jeffrey Dahmer.  I can see it now.

And where was your unbridled optimism about Mr. Dahmer when he really needed your support?

Gondo.

Turns out that neither were coachable.

Pud

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo somehow has this bunch of groupies laying it on the line for him daily. Im trying to figure out what hes done to receive such love and affection.

Surrounded by 3 HOFers, hes won a ring as the least important starter on the team that sat big minutes in the finals.. Since then all I hear about is his great "stat" game WE LOST against the Heat in the ECF's, the series WE LOST too.

Gee what would we do without him??

Well, when he went down last season with an injury, the team went on a big winning streak and had a better record over a long stretch of games without him. They actually made the playoffs, whoch was very much in doubt when Rondo was on the floor.

Now theres no HOFers for Rondo to pad his stats with.. hes coming off ACL surgery.. face facts, this kid never "proved" hes a top 10 PG or leader, regardless of that limp coacg Doc annointing him so

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I'll let the "experts" from ESPN, as you call them Fierce, speak for themselves......HA!

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2013/08/rajon_rondo_not_projected_amon.html

If you didn't know any better, you would think this guys called me first to ask my opinion, huh Fierce? Go ahead, say it again...."Anyone who thinks Rajon Rondo isn't a top ten PG TODAY is an idiot." Go ahead man, HA! WRONG AGAIN FOOL....

This doesn't state he isn't a Top 10 PG. It statess that he is project is based on 48 games. Extend that to 82 can compare to the rest of the top 10. You have never.wrote an academic paper based on how you use sources.

And you have never written a coherent sentence based on the way write, nor do you have much of a reading comprehension level based on the the way you interpret others' writings. May I suggest English Lit 101 in your course catalogue?

• Sections
    Shortcuts