Fierce want a shiny new PF, tell us HOW we get one!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Fierce want a shiny new PF, tell us HOW we get one!

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

R9R

If the Hawks struggle, Josh can be had for Lee, Bass, and other players plus picks.

Josh is the ideal and best option as the Celts can still keep Jeff Green.

[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you.  He would be a great addition to the current Celtics team.  Isn't he also good friends with Rondo? 

[/QUOTE]

Josh Smith is not being traded by Danny Ferry until Atlanta's GM knows that he doesn't have a shot at teaming smith with Dwight and CP3 this summer. As of right now those 2 players have not signed extensions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[/QUOTE]

Rame ... I welcome your input. I was hoping for more thought into actual trades scenerios than "trade for x"

I think you're right about Utah and needing a third team involved. But then again, with Millsap gone, they could use bass as a pure scorer off the bench. Hell, even though I'd hate to lose anything thats been so good to us so far, maybe a Bass & Barbosa for Millsap trade could work.

Millsap could be part of a solid future team of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Millsap and x. That may not sound like enough star power, but really Rondo is a super-star, bradley could develop into a star, Millsap is going to continue to improve into a star and J. Green could be that solid player one notch below.

Plus if we keep some lights-out 3point shooters on our bench, we could be a solid team without labouring through that rebuilding phase. Anyway, rondo's been shooting pretty well. Bradley will have to continue to develop his outside shooting, and Green and Millsap can both hit 3's. You throw Sullinger in there as a center against smaller teams, and thats all five players who can stretch the floor ... PLUS .... rebound.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks R9R, I know you started a thread to get some real input on the PF situation and possible traded involving this roster, and that anyone was welcome to comment. It is sad the lengths some people will go to demean others and how desperately insecure they are, but I try to take the high road as often as possible.

Anyhow, GREAT POST, I highlighted the comments I agreed with in particular. I think at age 27, Millsap would be a very solid addition to the post PP/KG core. I still prefer Jefferson based on his ability to play C and the 1-2 more boards and 1 more block a game he will give, but his post D is concerning and his salary will demand more assets.

Bass may be valued by the Jazz, but only if they are losing both Big Al and Millsap. If They trade us one and keep the other there is still little room for the 16-20 mins a player of Bass skill deserves, Kanter and Favors will both keep getting better and be big min guys soon.

Barbosa is playing great right now, he could even be viewed as a player who will help the Jazz  more this season than Lee, who is in a funk. But I was saying earlier that Utah is a place that has a hard time drawing in FA's and Barbosa is on a one year deal, he'd likely be gone next season. Lee is 3-4 years younger, should revery back to his career shooting %'s eventually and is signed at a fair 3/15 after this year. The Jazz would have to like that. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Witholding any ideas on a 3rd team:

I think Bass, Lee and a 1st rd pick for Jefferson and Lee and a first rd pick for Millsap are deals that Boston would do in a second but that Utah would find a little low in value.

They would want Avery or Sully in the trades and that is likely too much to give...

If we were trading Sully I'd want to keep Bass around, but with Al's salary that is impossible. A player like Varejao, making 7-8 million, could be had for Lee and Sully, I'd also throw in Melo and a pick for him, the man is the perfect fir for this team, more than ANY of those other PF's mentioned.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

There's one more option for "a shiny new PF". Depending on the performance of the current roster Danny may consider to keep as is.

Well, at least he has 6-7 weeks to think about it.

AK

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I've been saying Millsap since last year.....UTAH has Favors, Kanter, Big Al and Millsap - NO WAY do they keep all four!!  He is a nice target to have - probably need a third team to take Bass, unless we trade Green for him!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Guys, truce! You re two of the most knowledgable posters on the board.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fierce,

Really the point of thinking this out fully is that I think you're wrong. I don't see a realistic way we upgrade our team in January to contend this year unless we can do a Millsap for Bass swap or something else that only gives up Bass, Lee and maybe Darko (who knows maybe we can get a stretch of good games from Darko and stir up some interest in him)

[/QUOTE]

Is Milsap really that much better than  Bass???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jyv2avqHs4&feature=related 

He does it against Miami too...relentless...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCiHOpNJXnc&feature=fvwrel

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Fierce,

Really the point of thinking this out fully is that I think you're wrong. I don't see a realistic way we upgrade our team in January to contend this year unless we can do a Millsap for Bass swap or something else that only gives up Bass, Lee and maybe Darko (who knows maybe we can get a stretch of good games from Darko and stir up some interest in him)

[/QUOTE]

Is Milsap really that much better than  Bass???

[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Slighty taller and stronger, more ability to play SF, a superior rebounder and doesn't get stuffed or make as many bad looking moves in the post, just as good an outside shooter, may even have more range.

Play Bass 32 mins and you'll get 10/6, maybe the occasional 13/8 and feel he was exposed quite a few times and should have played 24 mins. Play Millsap 32 mins and he'll get you 15/8 easily and often give you 20-22 pts or 10-12 boards, and you'll be left thinking he's an underrated guy, should play more and was one of the 2-3 best players you saw that game on the floor. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

So you think that the Hawks are gonna trade Josh Smith for Bass and Lee?

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You seem to use every post on this board to market this idea that we need to upgrade the PF spot with either: Al Jefferson, Pau Gasol, Josh Smith, or Amare. I'd personally put Millsap at the top of that list, but regardless, I'm trying to figure out the possibility. How do we get one of these guys?

Al Jefferson is 15M

Paul Gasol is 19M 

Josh Smith is 13M

Amare is 20M

Milsap is 8M

We have to assume that Rondo, Paul, Kevin, Jet (?) are not tradable pieces. I'd say Bradley is unlikely something that Doc/Danny would give up. Everyone else is in play. I just don't see a scenerio that would benefit us and the other team. I think Josh/Milsap are the only possibilities. Both will be FA, and we could possible get Milsap or Smith for Bass and Lee? Why would ATL or UTAH want that? Maybe Green for Milsap, but what would we do with Bass and no SF to back up Paul? Maybe Green and Bass for Big Al, but again who's going to help us rest Paul?

The point is, you've proposed trades before and you're pushing for this to happen, so lets see a proposal or two. Lets hash it out - maybe predict the inevitable.

[/QUOTE]

P. Gasol - Bass, Lee, and Green

Amare - Bass, Lee, and Green

Josh Smith - Bass, Lee, and another player or players

Al Jefferson - Bass, Lee, and another player or players

Millsap - Bass or Lee or both and another player or draft pick or picks

The key here is to get the player that their team don't want anymore.

For example, if the Knicks don't want Amare because they don't want to ruin their team chemistry and they want to dump his contract, then Amare is a possibility.

The Lakers have D'Antoni as coach now. His system doesn't rely on 2 big men on the floor at the same time. That's why the Shaq and Amare tandem didn't work in 2008. So the Lakers could help themselves by getting Green, Lee, and Bass.

If the Hawks struggle and they don't want to lose Josh Smith in the offseason, then Bass and Lee plus draft picks should do it.

Again, nothing can be done until January 15, 2013.

[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

how about that? all of a sudden there is some rebounding and there we go....

i guess its not all about size.

gotta love the depth of this team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

oops, wrong thread.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

how about that? all of a sudden there is some rebounding and there we go....

i guess its not all about size.

gotta love the depth of this team.

[/QUOTE]

That's not totally true. 

Brook Lopez didn't have a hard time shooting over the small Celtic defenders.

Besides rebounding, the Celts need that low post threat to keep defenses honest. Having a low post threat opens up our shooters.

Amare

P.Gasol

Al Jefferson

P.Millsap

A.Horford

The Celts need to convert 3 good players, Bass, Lee, and Green into one very good player.

[/QUOTE]

Only like Jefferson or Millsap in that group

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts