Fierce was right.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Fierce was right.

If im phil J, i play hard ball, coach for 2 years and then GM or Part Ownership...nothing less...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

you called your shot and you were right,didnt even last to december!so sad...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

no the celtics have more rings so we are the best franchise in nba history,unless championships count only when it is in the lakers favor which in this case it is not.and by the way magic johnson is such a hypocrite,before the season started he was praising brown but since he got fired now he says he was not the right man for the job,what a wuss.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who has more than eleven rings????? The closest one has 9. So now champinships don't matter. Like I say, Lakers are the best franchise in the NBA.

[/QUOTE]

So, if Phil, as you say, is the "best" coach because he has the most rings, then the CELTICS are the best organization, since they have 17 banners.

Love them lakers fans!!!!!

Phil Jackson is the best BULLS coach in history.............highly debatable he is even the best coach in LAKERS history.............some guy named Riley won 5 also!!!

[/QUOTE]

Actually Pat Riley won only 4 championships as head coach of the Lakers

Paul Westhead won the other

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let Kobe be player coach.

Pud

[/QUOTE]
    Post of the day from puddin 

Kobe:  "All right guys,  MWP  go to the corner and stand,  Pau, you go to other corner and stand,  Steve you can bring the ball up,  as soon as you pass half court throw it to me and get out of the way.  Dwight  you get out of the paint,  as soon as I force a contested shot you go get it",    Ok, now "everyone know their roles?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

It was sure tough for old Phil to win those rings with Michael, Scottie,  Kobe/Shaq  teams.  I still stand by statement that a ton of coaches could have won with those teams.  Just like the Celtics in the Bird era.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It was sure tough for old Phil to win those rings with Michael, Scottie,  Kobe/Shaq  teams.  I still stand by statement that a ton of coaches could have won with those teams.  Just like the Celtics in the Bird era.

[/QUOTE]

And like in the 60's with Russell

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from john reudametkin. Show john reudametkin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Maybe the best coach in the history of the NBA Mr. Phil Jackson. Maybe.

[/QUOTE]

You mean winningest.........NOT best - that is your opinion and cannot possibly be verified!!

I verify it. Phil is the best alltime

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Who has more than eleven rings????? The closest one has 9. So now champinships don't matter. Like I say, Lakers are the best franchise in the NBA.

[/QUOTE]

So, if Phil, as you say, is the "best" coach because he has the most rings, then the CELTICS are the best organization, since they have 17 banners.

Love them lakers fans!!!!!

Phil Jackson is the best BULLS coach in history.............highly debatable he is even the best coach in LAKERS history.............some guy named Riley won 5 also!!!

[/QUOTE]

You are making my point teacher. I have always said Robert Horry is not better than MJ because he has more rings than MJ.

[/QUOTE]

And I have always said Red is better than Phil because Red RETIRED at 48 with 9 rings.  Phil got #10 at age 64.  AND the Celtics won the next two after Red retired..............think he MIGHT have won those two if he stuck around to 50??????????

I can explain it further if you get confused, son!!

[/QUOTE]

Riley won 4-82,85,87 and 88. Paul Westhead won in 1980. But I get the point. Pat Riley is one of the greatest. And he did well wih the Knicks also. If I were the Lakers I would hire D'Antonio. Jackson is asking too much-For example-a limit on road games and stuff like that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

There were many of us who continually pointed out that Brown was a poor coach, even before fierce did, as a reason why LA would struggle. Of course nobody else provided quite the amount of humor and images that showed that so clearly, so Fierce's Brown=Clown comparisons are the first that comes to mind.

Unfortunately this is one of the worst things that could happen to anti-Lakers fans, as they will now have enough time to right the ship with a legit HC.

Bill Simmons made sure to point out in his column yesterday that he NEVER insulted or went into just how inept Brown was b/c he didn't want to jinx the situation and hoped the man was there to stay.

We had a lot of posters jinx the guy on BDC

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And like in the 60's with Russell

[/QUOTE]
    may or may not be correct.  Not nearly as many good coaches back then IMO. Red was known for teaching, as evidenced by his "Red on Roundball" feature that I remember during weekly games.  Of course all this is just IMO just as yours is JYO.   You are entitled to it and I have no problem with it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to john reudametkin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You mean winningest.........NOT best - that is your opinion and cannot possibly be verified!!

[/QUOTE]

why does Phil always leave when it appears his team is not dominant?  When Michael left, he left. When the Lakers knew they didn't have a good team he left.  When they got swept by Dallas and it appeared the Lakers going downhill he left again.  Enter Dwight and Nash,  guess who is interested again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from john reudametkin. Show john reudametkin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to john reudametkin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

why does Phil always leave when it appears his team is not dominant?  When Michael left, he left. When the Lakers knew they didn't have a good team he left.  When they got swept by Dallas and it appeared the Lakers going downhill he left again.  Enter Dwight and Nash,  guess who is interested again.

[/QUOTE]

He does that because his forte is putting good teams over the top. He has a knack for getting underperforming great teams to reach their destiny.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There were many of us who continually pointed out that Brown was a poor coach, even before fierce did, as a reason why LA would struggle. Of course nobody else provided quite the amount of humor and images that showed that so clearly, so Fierce's Brown=Clown comparisons are the first that comes to mind.

Unfortunately this is one of the worst things that could happen to anti-Lakers fans, as they will now have enough time to right the ship with a legit HC.

Bill Simmons made sure to point out in his column yesterday that he NEVER insulted or went into just how inept Brown was b/c he didn't want to jinx the situation and hoped the man was there to stay.

We had a lot of posters jinx the guy on BDC

[/QUOTE]

Now you know why I refused to give a prediction about how many wins the Lakers will get this season. I mean I knew Mike Brown was going to be fired. Once that happens the Lakers will be a different team.

That's also why I kept telling you your prediction of 51 wins will be incorrect.

[/QUOTE]

With or without Brown I felt LA would win around 51 games and get to round 2 of the playoffs, so we shall see in April about that one, I hope I am wrong... you never gave a reason for your cowardly refusal to give a simple predicton, so saying after Brown was fired that you predicted that or that was why you wouldn't comment, when you never once gave that as a reason/prediction, doesn't impress me one bit.

Once LA picks a coach will you care to predict how far they will go in the season? Now you can't have them going to the finals or getting 51 wins... but something more specific than ANY outcome less than that would go a long way to make you look less afraid of being wrong or being attacked by th meaningless trolls.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Can't wait...

Since you 'predicted' the Brown firing and still said they would not win 51 games, regardless, or make the finals, I guess I should expect you to predict 50 wins and a trip to the WCF??

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Really?

If you told me to make a prediction with Phil and one with Brown BEFORE the season, here is what i'd have thought:

Phil:

Best case - 57-61 wins, NBA finals   Worst case - 52-54 wins, 2nd rd

Brown:

Best case - 52-55 wins, WCF   Worst case - 47-49 wins, 1st rd

They may be night and day as far as career resume's go, but I think as far as this team goes its about 7 wins and the diff between 1-2 playoff rounds that seperates them.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'm not moving any goal post I stand by 51 wins...n

I was simply expressing disbelief that even with Phil Jackson you would be that certain they don't even make the West Finals

Jeez...

You feel that regardless of who their coach is they don't get 51 wins or make the west finals... well ok then, I wish I had your confidence and hope that you are right.