Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics!

In Response to Re: Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics!:
    The starters just know what the hell is going on. JO looks like a star playing with the big four. Baby is doing ok. I believe he was shooting too much before. Green looked solid. West is not on his game. I bet that ankle is pretty sore.
    Posted by usa4life

Also, the bench has been solid on the team defensive end. I think they'll come around offensively.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Celtics 3-0

Lakers 2-1

...so why are the Lakers 2-1?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonlova9. Show bostonlova9's posts

That game was straight up RIDICULOUS! Truth and Shuttlesworth were on fire tonight. I hope they can keep it up. Man, imagine if we had Shaq back. If Shaq ever does get healthy and stays healthy I think 18 is ours.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Momentum baby, momentum!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

The Celtics are playing like the Celtics again. Are the Lakers playing like the Lakers again?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

2008 was the gold standard.

After 22 years of disappointment, the emotion can never be duplicated.

I hope for the sake of the big three, that they finish on top, however, I do not see how it is possible to top 2008.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics! : Q, Somehow you always find a way to throw in a jab or negative. But I guess it's to be expected as that's what you seem to post mostly.
    Posted by Hetchinspete

A win like last night and all the talk is of hanging #18.

As soon as you have another loss like the last Chicago or Miami game, it'll all be doom & gloom and how DA has to go.

The sunshine pumpers are in full force now, but that will change with a loss. You guys keep me in stitches.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

As you should to Q.   The Lakers got the biggest break of all playing and already broken down team.  We played a team that had won seven straight and we have broken them down.   Good luck covering Rondo this time if you get the chance to face him.
    Posted by concord27

That's the luck of the draw. Besides, the Lakers had to work to get their seeding. A lot of you were mocking Phil because of that. Criticizing him cause all of you thought Bynum was hurt again. If you've been watching, Bynum is quickly becoming a beast...one that no team from the East will be able to match up with. Doc conceded the C's seeding to rest his guys...that's what OLD guy need. It looks like Fat Shaq will be getting A LOT of rest.

We're not even worrying about Rondo. He seems to disappear when it's crunch time. If the C's somehow make it to the finals, your problem will be Bynum and Gasol (with Odom coming off the bench, oh yeah, and Theo Ratliff too.) Hah!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Q...take care of your boys in L.A. You all got more work to do than Boston.
    Posted by OneNation

Any road to the NBA finals runs through Los Angeles. The only team out west that gives me ANY concern is OKC. And Bynum will take care of Perkins similar to last year. The only difference is that he should be playing on TWO good legs instead of one.

I hope you guys are watching the Lakers games. Not that it'll help cause Doc won't have an answer to stop 'Drew. If he plays the Big Fossil against him, he'll probably only last another 6 minutes...then BACK to the trainers room!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Celtics 3-0 Lakers 2-1 ...so why are the Lakers 2-1?
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan

You're looking at it the wrong way. The more important number is 16. Which of the teams can get to 16 wins in the playoffs?

Last night they were showing some stats that were very impressive. They showed the "road" records for the last few years and guess which team had the most road wins...yep, the Lakers. And they're pretty good at home as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

That game was straight up RIDICULOUS! Truth and Shuttlesworth were on fire tonight. I hope they can keep it up. Man, imagine if we had Shaq back. If Shaq ever does get healthy and stays healthy I think 18 is ours.
    Posted by bostonlova9

Sunshine pumpers working overtime.

Seriously...Shaq?! You guys better pray to God that he doesn't have to go up against Andrew Bynum. It'll get ugly real fast for the Big Injury.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics! : You had a lot to say before Game 1 of the Knicks vs Celtics. The Celts ended up winning that one. Before Game 2 you were here again and Celts won again. In Game 3 tonight the Celtics won in NY. Let me guess, you posted something before Game 3, right? Half amazing, half troll, the Vince Carter of trolls! There's no stopping you, Qdaddy!   
    Posted by Fiercest34

Sybil, I ALWAYS have a lot to say. Doesn't matter which game, or which team.

My fans expect it. HAH!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

The Celtics are playing like the Celtics again. Are the Lakers playing like the Lakers again?

You tell me. It looked like total domination, especially by Bynum. The Hornets are the warm-up act. Phil will have them peaking come finals.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics! : Sunshine pumpers working overtime. Seriously...Shaq?! You guys better pray to God that he doesn't have to go up against Andrew Bynum. It'll get ugly real fast for the Big Injury.
    Posted by Qdaddy

Bynum's nickname is the big injury? Just to temper you expectations The Hornets are depleted too. An unlike the knicks whipped you on your own court. I don't see how you guys expect to get past the thunder. Sadly the Lakers won't be there to watch us hang banner 18. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Ray was hot, Paul was hot, KG was playing great defense, but Rondo was the switch that got flipped. When he decides to show up, the Celtics are unbeatable.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics!:
    Amare who? Carmelo who? The bench still Suks but maybe they will come around!

My 73 year old stepfather said the same thing - the Cs are starting to play a lot better.  Then he asked me whether I thought they had a chance against the Heat.  I said well let's see, the Cs are only starting to play Celtics basketball because the Knicks are missing their point guard who generally Rondo can't deal with and gets pushed around by (see game 1 as an example), they then lost debatably their best player in game two, a game the Cs likely would have lost had Amare not gone out.

Further the Heat steamrolled their way into the playoffs by winning about 18 of their last 20 whereas the Cs limped into the playoffs losing about half of their last 20. 

The last time the Cs played the Heat they were embarrassed off the floor - of course my stepfather countered they beat them 3 times before that - and I countered the first one was the first game the Heat ever played together and I believe all 3 included Shaq (not sure on that though).

So what exactly is it that the Cs are doing right now that one considers "finally playing like the Celtics"?

My stepfather went to Stonehill college - so I used this analogy, Stonehill College is in the process of beating Brockton High School in a series where Stonehill barely won game 1 where Brockton's 3rd best player went down with an injury, and then in game 2 Brockton's best player went down and again Stohehill barely won, then Stonehill blows out Brockton in game 3 effectively without Brockton's best and 3rd best player...... and after they sweep Brockton, UConn will be waiting for Stonehill.

So this analogy is what I use to assess whether the Cs are finally playing Celtics basketball.

I wrote here that I thought the Cs would go 7 and 6 in the playoffs this year, 6 against the Knicks and 7 against Miami (I think it was in the 16 Wins to #18 thread).  Well it turns out because of the injuries the Cs and Knicks will not go 6 but the second series should go 6 or 7.  So their playoff record will likely be 7 and 4, not quite the 16 wins needed to raise number 18 to the rafters.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Hmm, lets see.

If the Celtics had played poorly all year, it they were injured, or if were possible to age significantly in 20 games, your argument might make more sense. The fact is that KG is healthy again, and the only thing than one can point to as  reasons for poor play after the trade, were the mind set of Rondo, and the absence of a true big man. 

Now Rondo is back from his mental vacation, and JO, our true big man, is playing well without pain. Add to that the fact that Shaq is close to returning, and things are looking up.

As far as the Heat, see Celtic-Heat games earlier in the season for references.
    The Celtics will be playing five on two when playing defense, and five on three when playing offense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics! : My 73 year old stepfather said the same thing - the Cs are starting to play a lot better.  Then he asked me whether I thought they had a chance against the Heat.  I said well let's see, the Cs are only starting to play Celtics basketball because the Knicks are missing their point guard who generally Rondo can't deal with and gets pushed around by (see game 1 as an example), they then lost debatably their best player in game two, a game the Cs likely would have lost had Amare not gone out. Further the Heat steamrolled their way into the playoffs by winning about 18 of their last 20 whereas the Cs limped into the playoffs losing about half of their last 20.  The last time the Cs played the Heat they were embarrassed off the floor - of course my stepfather countered they beat them 3 times before that - and I countered the first one was the first game the Heat ever played together and I believe all 3 included Shaq (not sure on that though). So what exactly is it that the Cs are doing right now that one considers "finally playing like the Celtics"? My stepfather went to Stonehill college - so I used this analogy, Stonehill College is in the process of beating Brockton High School in a series where Stonehill barely won game 1 where Brockton's 3rd best player went down with an injury, and then in game 2 Brockton's best player went down and again Stohehill barely won, then Stonehill blows out Brockton in game 3 effectively without Brockton's best and 3rd best player...... and after they sweep Brockton, UConn will be waiting for Stonehill. So this analogy is what I use to assess whether the Cs are finally playing Celtics basketball. I wrote here that I thought the Cs would go 7 and 6 in the playoffs this year, 6 against the Knicks and 7 against Miami (I think it was in the 16 Wins to #18 thread).  Well it turns out because of the injuries the Cs and Knicks will not go 6 but the second series should go 6 or 7.  So their playoff record will likely be 7 and 4, not quite the 16 wins needed to raise number 18 to the rafters.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

I don't know what game 1 you were watching, but rondo outplayed billups. billups matched rondo's 10 points but shot 27% from the field and had more turnovers (4) than assists (3). versus rondo who had a near triple double with only 1 turnover and a crucial alley-oop to garnett.

re game 2: when melo takes 30 shots, there aren't a lot left for stoudemire. in any case, the likes of jeffries and turiaf were a lot more aggressive on the boards than stoudemire is, and the 20 offensive rebounds were, along with melo, the only thing keeping them in the game.

form doesn't matter in the playoffs, matchups do, and we match up with the heat better than anyone. we had shaq for 2 of the encounters, but the third was the most impressive win. we had no bench, coming off a difficult stretch of games, pp had the worst night of his career (1pt, 0-10 shooting), and we still pulled out the win. even in our most recent encounter, our big 3 outscored theirs, and it took a flash-in-the-pan, once-off effort from the worst supporting cast in the league to beat us.

these celtics have already proved you wrong once. they can prove you wrong again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Hmm, lets see. If the Celtics had played poorly all year, it they were injured, or if were possible to age significantly in 20 games, your argument might make more sense. The fact is that KG is healthy again, and the only thing than one can point to as  reasons for poor play after the trade, were the mind set of Rondo, and the absence of a true big man.  Now Rondo is back from his mental vacation, and JO, our true big man, is playing well without pain. Add to that the fact that Shaq is close to returning, and things are looking up. As far as the Heat, see Celtic-Heat games earlier in the season for references. The Celtics will be playing five on two when playing defense, and five on three when playing offense.

Rondo is back from his mental vacation?  Before Billups got hurt the vacation was still in full swing but since Billups went down and Rondo is playing against someone that doesn't even know what a point guard is the vacation ended?

KG is healthy and was toyed with by Amare in game 1.

Wade will completely take Ray out of the series and LeBron will do the same to Pierce, they will do what they generally do to Rondo - ignore him, and it will likely go 6 or 7 but I think we will see several games like the last time they met in the regular season when the Cs had a chance to make a statement that they are still the big dawgs of the east and they walked off the floor with their tail between their legs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Dwest maybe hurting but Jgreen is coming on and will have better games i can feel it/  And we will beat the Heat

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics! : I don't know what game 1 you were watching, but rondo outplayed billups. billups matched rondo's 10 points but shot 27% from the field and had more turnovers (4) than assists (3). versus rondo who had a near triple double with only 1 turnover and a crucial alley-oop to garnett. re game 2: when melo takes 30 shots, there aren't a lot left for stoudemire. in any case, the likes of jeffries and turiaf were a lot more aggressive on the boards than stoudemire is, and the 20 offensive rebounds were, along with melo, the only thing keeping them in the game. form doesn't matter in the playoffs, matchups do, and we match up with the heat better than anyone. we had shaq for 2 of the encounters, but the third was the most impressive win. we had no bench, coming off a difficult stretch of games, pp had the worst night of his career (1pt, 0-10 shooting), and we still pulled out the win. even in our most recent encounter, our big 3 outscored theirs, and it took a flash-in-the-pan, once-off effort from the worst supporting cast in the league to beat us. these celtics have already proved you wrong once. they can prove you wrong again.
    Posted by teh-n00b

Rondo shot a whopping similar 30% or so and played 8 more minutes oh and I didn't say that Billups outplayed Rondo what I said was the regular Rondo that we have seen for the last 30 games or so was still the same Rondo we have seen for 30 games or so.

The Cs match up better with the Heat than anyone else - yeah the Cs have the edge at um.... center.

The Heat are the best defensive team in the league and the Cs offense has been pathetic for about the last 30 games or so.

In the last 3 combined Heat / Bulls games, the Cs failed to score 80 points.  What is changing that trend?  Barely beating the Knicks a couple of times and needing two of their 3 best players to be injured to get by the Knicks is what is going to change that trend?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics! : I don't know what game 1 you were watching, but rondo outplayed billups. billups matched rondo's 10 points but shot 27% from the field and had more turnovers (4) than assists (3). versus rondo who had a near triple double with only 1 turnover and a crucial alley-oop to garnett. re game 2: when melo takes 30 shots, there aren't a lot left for stoudemire. in any case, the likes of jeffries and turiaf were a lot more aggressive on the boards than stoudemire is, and the 20 offensive rebounds were, along with melo, the only thing keeping them in the game. form doesn't matter in the playoffs, matchups do, and we match up with the heat better than anyone. we had shaq for 2 of the encounters, but the third was the most impressive win. we had no bench, coming off a difficult stretch of games, pp had the worst night of his career (1pt, 0-10 shooting), and we still pulled out the win. even in our most recent encounter, our big 3 outscored theirs, and it took a flash-in-the-pan, once-off effort from the worst supporting cast in the league to beat us. these celtics have already proved you wrong once. they can prove you wrong again.
    Posted by teh-n00b

Dudder`s just posting his usual mental masturbation.

Sections
Shortcuts