Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

Re: Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics!

In Response to Re: Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics! : Rondo shot a whopping similar 30% or so and played 8 more minutes oh and I didn't say that Billups outplayed Rondo what I said was the regular Rondo that we have seen for the last 30 games or so was still the same Rondo we have seen for 30 games or so. The Cs match up better with the Heat than anyone else - yeah the Cs have the edge at um.... center. The Heat are the best defensive team in the league and the Cs offense has been pathetic for about the last 30 games or so. In the last 3 combined Heat / Bulls games, the Cs failed to score 80 points.  What is changing that trend?  Barely beating the Knicks a couple of times and needing two of their 3 best players to be injured to get by the Knicks is what is going to change that trend?
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

36% actually. if billups had played more minutes, his tired old legs would've given up on him, he would've had more missed shots and turnovers. this isn't regular season rondo anymore. rondo would've torched the knicks in games 2 and 3 with or without billups. probably even more with billups, as he can't defend and is slow.

the Cs have massive edges at centre and point guard, an edge at power forward, and pierce and ray defend lebron and wade better than anyone else, while punishing their gambling tendencies on defense.

we are the best defensive team in the league. chicago are second, miami are 5th.

chicago have issues of their own. how is derrick rose's ankle?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics! : Dudder`s just posting his usual mental masturbation.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

oh, I know, but I enjoy shutting him down. I'm surprised he's actually responding. normally he just ignores me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics! : 36% actually. if billups had played more minutes, his tired old legs would've given up on him, he would've had more missed shots and turnovers. this isn't regular season rondo anymore. rondo would've torched the knicks in games 2 and 3 with or without billups. probably even more with billups, as he can't defend and is slow. the Cs have massive edges at centre and point guard, an edge at power forward, and pierce and ray defend lebron and wade better than anyone else, while punishing their gambling tendencies on defense. we are the best defensive team in the league. chicago are second, miami are 5th. chicago have issues of their own. how is derrick rose's ankle?
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

There need not be any concern about Rose's ankle.

Rondo would have "torched" the Heat with or without Billups.  Rondo has never torched anyone.  He has averaged 16 in the series bolstered by a 30 against someone who is not even a point guard.  I believe only 4 other players in the series have score more points in a game than Rondo's torching them for 30.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Again, your tellling half truths DDer,

Normally KG plays free safety as in game one. Since then, he has focused on Amare, as he usually does. ... with the usual result, KG wins.

Its not like KG and Amare have never faced each other before this series. Did you know that Amare has never been first team, second team, or even third team all-NBA? Maybe it has something to do with his lack of defense.

Rondo is playing well again. I know you are a Rondo hater, but Billups can not guard Rondo.

When Rondo plays agressive as he has in this series, the Celtics are unbeatable.

The good news is that the bench, in general, played better.

The Celtics just made their first sweep of a team, in the play-offs, since 1986!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics! : There need not be any concern about Rose's ankle. Rondo would have "torched" the Heat with or without Billups.  Rondo has never torched anyone.  He has averaged 16 in the series bolstered by a 30 against someone who is not even a point guard.  I believe only 4 other players in the series have score more points in a game than Rondo's torching them for 30.

there's more than one way to torch a team. rondo scores AND assists. discounting rondo's 30 is like discounting melo's 42. when you get 12 layups like he did in game 2, that's torching. when you get a franchise record 20 assists, that's torching too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Rondo's return to aggressive play, and having a true big man again, will make the Celtics tough to beat.

I still want Shaq, against the Lakers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics! : there's more than one way to torch a team. rondo scores AND assists. discounting rondo's 30 is like discounting melo's 42. when you get 12 layups like he did in game 2, that's torching. when you get a franchise record 20 assists, that's torching too.
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

Dud doesn't count assists....   they must not factor in his fantasy league.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics! : My 73 year old stepfather said the same thing - the Cs are starting to play a lot better.  Then he asked me whether I thought they had a chance against the Heat.  I said well let's see, the Cs are only starting to play Celtics basketball because the Knicks are missing their point guard who generally Rondo can't deal with and gets pushed around by (see game 1 as an example), they then lost debatably their best player in game two, a game the Cs likely would have lost had Amare not gone out. Further the Heat steamrolled their way into the playoffs by winning about 18 of their last 20 whereas the Cs limped into the playoffs losing about half of their last 20.  The last time the Cs played the Heat they were embarrassed off the floor - of course my stepfather countered they beat them 3 times before that - and I countered the first one was the first game the Heat ever played together and I believe all 3 included Shaq (not sure on that though). So what exactly is it that the Cs are doing right now that one considers "finally playing like the Celtics"? My stepfather went to Stonehill college - so I used this analogy, Stonehill College is in the process of beating Brockton High School in a series where Stonehill barely won game 1 where Brockton's 3rd best player went down with an injury, and then in game 2 Brockton's best player went down and again Stohehill barely won, then Stonehill blows out Brockton in game 3 effectively without Brockton's best and 3rd best player...... and after they sweep Brockton, UConn will be waiting for Stonehill. So this analogy is what I use to assess whether the Cs are finally playing Celtics basketball. I wrote here that I thought the Cs would go 7 and 6 in the playoffs this year, 6 against the Knicks and 7 against Miami (I think it was in the 16 Wins to #18 thread).  Well it turns out because of the injuries the Cs and Knicks will not go 6 but the second series should go 6 or 7.  So their playoff record will likely be 7 and 4, not quite the 16 wins needed to raise number 18 to the rafters.

Geeze   I thought you were jusst a ROndo hater.....    turns out you root against the Celts at every position.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

I still think he is Bulls fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics! : Bynum's nickname is the big injury? Just to temper you expectations The Hornets are depleted too. An unlike the knicks whipped you on your own court. I don't see how you guys expect to get past the thunder. Sadly the Lakers won't be there to watch us hang banner 18. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

The loss at home was a minor setback...don't worry, yours are coming. The Lakers also have the best "road" record in the playoffs the past two years. Of course you guys should know that since the Lakers have won in Boston as well as just about any other venue.

The Thunder?! Perk can't stay out of foul trouble. And you know Bynum will drive on him and dominate him, AGAIN...this time on two good wheels. Perk shot his mouth off about Pau being soft...first of all, he needs to concern himself with Andrew, NOT Gasol. And if Gasol didn't prove to him last year that he's not soft, I guess he's just to dense to figure it out. The Thunder are  making progress, but it's still the Lake show. In a 7 game series, the better team will again prevail. Most of you know who that is.

The Memphis Grizzlies have a better chance at winning their FIRST NBA title than your C's do their 18th.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally, the Celtics play like the Celtics! : The loss at home was a minor setback...don't worry, yours are coming. The Lakers also have the best "road" record in the playoffs the past two years. Of course you guys should know that since the Lakers have won in Boston as well as just about any other venue. The Thunder?! Perk can't stay out of foul trouble. And you know Bynum will drive on him and dominate him, AGAIN...this time on two good wheels. Perk shot his mouth off about Pau being soft...first of all, he needs to concern himself with Andrew, NOT Gasol. And if Gasol didn't prove to him last year that he's not soft, I guess he's just to dense to figure it out. The Thunder are  making progress, but it's still the Lake show. In a 7 game series, the better team will again prevail. Most of you know who that is. The Memphis Grizzlies have a better chance at winning their FIRST NBA title than your C's do their 18th.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Celts are 2-5 in LA and LA is 1-5 in Boston in the 2 recent finals. 

YAWN

The only win came after Artest kneed Ray badly and the best shooter ever went o-fer on 3's b/c of a bone bruise ruining his lift.

Remember when you lost by 30 in game 6 in '08??

Oh then it was even in '10 right... cuz the refs had to spot you a 20 FT advantage at home w/ no Perkins just to squeak out a win by 4 in game 7 last year. All as KG, Ray and Sheed hobbled around w/ injuries wondering why their late 13 point lead was STOLEN by the zebra's??

On a BEATDOWN scale of 1-10 The Celts BEATDOWN of LA in '08 was an 8, never in doubt... LA's Stern aided joke in 7 last year was a 2, w/ the homophobic adulterer whose 'thing' is to ejaculate on his conquests faces... shooting 6-24.

Hopefully we get a rubber match this year QDaddy.

Just like 9-3 in finals vs. Lakers overall is a beatdown.

Just like 17-11 city of Boston vs. Los Angeles in total titles is a beatdown.

Sections
Shortcuts