FINALLY - Time to Practice.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

FINALLY - Time to Practice.

Allen Iverson said, "It's just Practice - PRACTICE!"  With the 76ers taking Miami to at least 5 games and our sweep of the Knicks, we will enjoy our first long stretch of rest and PRACTICE, since the deadline deals were made.  Because of the quirky schedule, we have not had the time to just practice - too many home games today and on the road for the next one or two to finally practice with all the new faces.

Now is the time for the new guys and Doc to figure out exactly what their roles are and how, who, and when the bench can be most valuable to the run for banner #18.  Green, Krstic, Murphy, West, Pavlovic, and Arroyo have all been starters in the league most have started games this year.  Although they will not get starters minutes, we all know that they still have the talent and experience to contribute.

Many on this board including myself have wondered when the deadline deals would actually bear fruit.  Well now is the time for Doc to learn how to utilize these players and also time for these former starters to find their roles.

I have said in the past that this team contains the most talent of any Celtics team since 1986.  I was not then nor am I now suggesting that they are as great a team, but only contain the resumes to be that good.

Now let's see if they can figure it out - coach and players alike.  Now's the time to PRACTICE!!!

PA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IanJB. Show IanJB's posts

Re: FINALLY - Time to Practice.

Great post, agree 100%. Miami's bench is vastly inferior to ours and if we end up having negative point differentials for our bench players it's going to be a long series.

Not to mention Jeff Green's responsibility of guarding LeBron when Pierce is on the bench. He needs to be ready for this. I never thought I'd say it, but MAN I miss Tony Allen.

Go C's!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Great point! If Miami doesn't close out Wed, we're looking at possibly Sunday or Tues. This bench really needs some work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

BL, it's not just the bench, but also the coach.  Doc needs to establish a comfort level with the players.  They're good.  Doc should now be afforded the time to figure out how to use them.  There will be match ups that can be exploited.  I hope the time is well spent.

I don't imagine that some of these guys will steal our starter's minutes, but I do expect players to be productive in small minutes under the right circumstances.

PA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

In Response to FINALLY - Time to Practice.:
    Allen Iverson said, "It's just Practice - PRACTICE!"  With the 76ers taking Miami to at least 5 games and our sweep of the Knicks, we will enjoy our first long stretch of rest and PRACTICE, since the deadline deals were made.  Because of the quirky schedule, we have not had the time to just practice - too many home games today and on the road for the next one or two to finally practice with all the new faces. Now is the time for the new guys and Doc to figure out exactly what their roles are and how, who, and when the bench can be most valuable to the run for banner #18.  Green, Krstic, Murphy, West, Pavlovic, and Arroyo have all been starters in the league most have started games this year.  Although they will not get starters minutes, we all know that they still have the talent and experience to contribute. Many on this board including myself have wondered when the deadline deals would actually bear fruit.  Well now is the time for Doc to learn how to utilize these players and also time for these former starters to find their roles. I have said in the past that this team contains the most talent of any Celtics team since 1986.  I was not then nor am I now suggesting that they are as great a team, but only contain the resumes to be that good. Now let's see if they can figure it out - coach and players alike.  Now's the time to PRACTICE!!! PA
    Posted by PACelt

Excellent post, for a veteran team, the Celtics really needed this rest before facing Miami in round 2. The entire bench also need some practice time to get really acquainted to the offensive and defensive schemes.

The bench will come along. Glen Davis and Jeff Green showed some lights in game 4. They are coming along. Some practice time will help also.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

I think the Heat will rue the day they let their series with the Sixers go long. Rest and practice time is not what they want the Celtics to have for obvious reasons.

But perhaps the biggest reason will be that the Celtics now get an extra week to get Shaq healthy. The Heat already have match-up problems with the Celtics starters. Just how will they guard Shaq coming off the bench?

Cool

Sections
Shortcuts