Finger pointing in LA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Finger pointing in LA

Bill Plaschke wrote a good article on the Laker's lastest loss to the Thunder.
    I'm sure some of the trolls have already gnashed their teeth while reading it.
    Here are some excerpts. 

After spending a season fighting age, battling immaturity, struggling with old habits and jabbing with a new coach, the Lakers have ended up where we pretty much thought they would.

Out of breath and on the ropes.

"Obviously, that was another tough loss for us," Lakers Coach Mike Brown said.

How tough was it? The night was so doomed that even one of the Laker Girls was booed.

The Lakers had a victory over the Thunder and blew it. Again. The Lakers are on the verge of ending their season with a playoff embarrassment. Again.

I thought it couldn't get any worse than last year's sweep by the Dallas Mavericks. I may have thought wrong.

As a few straggling fans wandered out of Staples Center late Saturday, the public address system was playing the song, "Closing Time."

Here's the link: http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-plaschke-lakers-20120520,0,4732388.column?page=2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

Re: Finger pointing in LA

Yea I have been reading that this morning.  Even cut and pasted some of it on the Kobe thread.  Would really be interesting to see what the rest of the Lakers think of Bryant.  I am pretty sure Bynum has had it with Kobe and his shot selection.  Wouldn't surprise me if Bynum put a "trade me or trade Bryant" demand on the Lakers.  He clearly doesnt like being ignored.  Wouldn't it be funny if Bynum ran Kobe out of LA the was Kobe ran Shaq out?   Kobe has had some of the best players in the game playing beside him and he can not let anyone else be the man.  He has cost the Lakers 3 championships and maybe more in my opinion thru running Shaq out or just flat out hero ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Bynum running Kobe out of town.
    That would be irony and dejavu rolled up into one interesting sports drama.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Posted this on another thread, but the best team currently in the playoffs in LA are the Kings.  They have a good chance of winning the Stanley Cup this year.  At least they are my pick to win it all. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Finger pointing in LA:
    [QUOTE]Bynum running Kobe out of town. That would be irony and dejavu rolled up into one interesting sports drama.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

That would be very surprising.  I don't see Kobe playing for any other team and if that happened he would retire. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Only thing I know about the Kings is that because they play at Staples Center, the court is sometimes slick in spots when Lakers or Clips play.  Westbrook was sliding all over the court the other night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Finger pointing in LA:
    [QUOTE]Only thing I know about the Kings is that because they play at Staples Center, the court is sometimes slick in spots when Lakers or Clips play.  Westbrook was sliding all over the court the other night.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

I did see that unfortunate incident the other night for Westbrook.  Many arenas are used by basketball and hockey teams including the arena in Boston.  Not sure what is necessary to make sure that players aren't injured because of slick spots. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

It boggles the mind to have 2 talented presence on the court in Bynum and Gasol get so mis-used. It is most likely a combo of too much defering and not enough assertion. Just when I think the Cs losses are brutal LA manages to top them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't think they have enough gas left in the tank to carry the team the whole way.  You know who I think this team misses?  Shannon brown.  A guy who can come off the bench and get his own shot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Kobe will never accept taking less than 20 shots per game. Any player with a brain would defer to younger, more effective players on their team by this age, especially the Lilith the likes of Bynum and Gasol on your team. Think about how David Robinson deferred to a young Duncan and accepted other roles as a leader, and then how Duncan handled the upcoming of Parker and Ginobilli, and the of course the sacrifices our Big 3 made. The lakers would be smart to trade home while they can still get some value for the egomaniac.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Kobe won five titles, and Bynum is trying to run him over?  When Kobe goes on the decline, then the team need to make a change.  But Kobe havent been on the decline yet which mean Kobe is still the "go guy" of the team.

Cant believe that Bynum his bashing one of the top three Lakers's legends!!!!

Bynum need to go after this season.  He is really the one hurting the team chance to win it all!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Kobe is only a year older than Shaq was when he was traded

Crazier things have happended.

Don't you think the Hawks would trade Joe Johnson and Smith for him?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Wonder if Kobe has that clause in his contract that says he has to approve any trade involving him?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Kobe and Dirk are the only two players ( I believe) that have full no-trade clauses in their contracts.  I don't think the lakers would trade him, but they could amnesty him............

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

hey man.....Kobe isn't on the decline...? c'mon now.....it happens to everyone..

4th qtr of games 2 & 4....misses last 5 shots then goes 2-10..?  ....that is 2-15 in crunch time....the dude is seriously running out of gas....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kobe will not be amnestied. Traded maybe.  I hope he ends up somewhere he hates.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I can't wait until their season is over and the real finger pointing begins in earnest.  Right now, it's toned down for obvious reasons, but once they're done (soon), all the carping and crying will escalate.  Who'll throw whom under the bus?  I have a feeling that everyone will be both an accuser and fair game.  The first one to get smacked will likely be Brown for not "handling" the Kobe/black hole syndrome that has frozen out Bynum and Gasol.  I have to say that Gasol, not my favorite by any means, has been the only guy with any degree of class lately.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" It boggles the mind to have 2 talented presence on the court in Bynum and Gasol get so mis-used"

Yup, agreed 100 percent. 

But it sure creates peacefulness in this forum. :) 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

listening to the talking heads (Jim Rome at the present time) it looks like it's getting ugly right now.....if the Lakers go out tonite "heads will roll"......and it won't be Kobe....probably not Bynum due to his young age....Laker management won't admit the Mike Brown hiring was a mistake......that leaves.......yep.....Pau Gasol, who is very likely headed out of town for the second time in less than a year.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Myabe we can get him on the Cheap!!!LOL!!!#1 pick will work...??lol-der...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

The way he's playing he can be had for cheap

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Lets face it, the lakers organization didn't expect to do any better this year than what they have done...probably worse.

They let odem go.  They didn't go after any big signings.  They wanted to move gasol.  They tried to break this team up.  Much like the c's nobody really wanted what they had to offer.

Then when the lakers did better than expected they made the move for sessions which was a good move.  But I expect them to break this up next year.  Really, they should trade any or all...kobe, bynum, gasol.  Time to start over.  This year they won't expect more than people will pay like they did last summer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Time for Kobe to retire

Sections
Shortcuts