Fire ainge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

Fire ainge

Brooks was the better pick.  Ainge blew it again.  First with Perkins trade, now this.  Please fire this guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

Re: Fire ainge

I wouldn't say that just yet.  I agree that the Perkins trade was crap so far, but I think we should see what he does this year.  I have a funny feeling this is far from over, but it wouldn't be the first that I was wrong.

I think the biggest problem with the Perk trade was that we were in 1st place and the chemistry was going very well.  I understand why he did it, but timing is everything.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Fire ainge:
    Brooks was the better pick.  Ainge blew it again.  First with Perkins trade, now this.  Please fire this guy.
    Posted by sk8brd

Great move DA.We got a big,athetic and good defender,plus a 2nd round.Great move

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

In Response to Re: Fire ainge:
    I wouldn't say that just yet.  I agree that the Perkins trade was crap so far, but I think we should see what he does this year.  I have a funny feeling this is far from over, but it wouldn't be the first that I was wrong. I think the biggest problem with the Perk trade was that we were in 1st place and the chemistry was going very well.  I understand why he did it, but timing is everything.
    Posted by stiorevo
    You forgot to mention that while yes we were in first place, but we got there without Perkins in the lineup. I agree about the chemistry, but I'm not going to blame it all on that. I think that the fact that we have older players who need more rest and scoring from the bench too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

What???

Ainge gets an A+ in this draft.

Johnson and Moore were great picks that fill immediate needs.

Do some homework on Moore.  He may be an all around better player than Marshon and the steal of the draft.  almost 20ppg, good percentage. excellent TO ratio...and most important was all Big Ten defensive player. I love that fact that they will have chemistry having played together as the 2 stars on a good defensive minded 26-6 Purdue team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoCeltics. Show RicoCeltics's posts

I hope we see Danny sooner than later doing this job:

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/5/6/1646876/offsides-danny-ainge-pitches-the

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rico...a little loud.  are you craving attention ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

JuJuan Johnson can play some ball.   Sk8:  have you ever seen him play?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I have often been critical of Danny Ainge. He has made some pretty stupid draft picks, trades, and foolishly failed to resign key players BUT he did a great job in this draft. I could write a book on this but I'll try my hardest not to. In this draft Ainge returned to what the identity of the Boston Celtics has been. Tough, defensive minded, cerebral, team-oriented, and offensively efficient. I liked Brooks as well and we may wind up regretting not keeping him but Johnson is a hell of a player as is Moore and because they played together for so long they come in with an established chemistry. The Boilermakers were one of the best defensive teams in college basketball and these two(Johnson and Moore) were the two best players of that team. They could also light up the scoreboard. Ainge did a great job in this draft. I have never said that about him before. Ainge will now focus on obtaining some Free Agents to fill the 5. Boston could wind up with an explosive bench that is also very strong on defense.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPzSTWi_jd4

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Well said tex.  I see both JuJuan AND Moore contributing next year, unlike many of our previous draft choices. 

Ainge is rebuilding this team quickly.

I would not be disappointed if we traded Rondo.
    and in order to be competitive next year we will need a part time BIG to supplement JO/BBD...and eventually land Howard to complete the process and get back to a championship.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

In Response to Fire ainge:
    Posted by sk8brd
    Unless you have a time machine that can show you the future, your just giving your opinion. Yes Brooks can score, but doesn't play defense. Yes Johnson also needs to add about twenty pounds to his frame.  No one is going to know how these kids turn out till they have a little more time and experience under their belt. This was a weak draft and we chose for need this year. Johnson has just as much chance to be good or fail as Brooks does. Time will tell.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Thanks Tex,
        I watched the youtube clip you posted. I'm impessed with Johnson by watching those clips. I heard teams passed on him earlier in the 1st round is because of his thin build. My response to that is, a lot of tall, thin basketball players go on to be hall of famers. 
       I was impressed by his ability to offensive play from the perimeter and on the box. There were also a few clips showing him beating guys off the dribble and finishing strong on a dribble drive. Those are 3 big offensive skills to possess. I'm being optimistic. Maybe Danny made a real good pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Thanks Tex,     I watched the youtube clip you posted. I'm impessed with Johnson by watching those clips. I heard teams passed on him earlier in the 1st round is because of his thin build. My response to that is, a lot of tall, thin basketball players go on to be hall of famers.     I was impressed by his ability to offensive play from the perimeter and on the box. There were also a few clips showing him beating guys off the dribble and finishing strong on a dribble drive. Those are 3 big offensive skills to possess. I'm being optimistic. Maybe Danny made a real good pick.
    Posted by mem17

What you did not see in the clips is that Purdue played good solid and systematic defense, and that these guys were their marquee players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Brooks was the better pick."

I'm no Ainge fanboy but how do you know who was the better pick? You don't. Drafts take at least two years to sort themselves out in most cases. 

Posting "....was the better pick" nonsense takes away your own credibility. 

Having said that, I agree the Perk trade was awful, one of Ainge's worst moves. 

"You forgot to mention that while yes we were in first place, but we got there without Perkins in the lineup."

True, we were in first place when Perk was traded but that's because Shaq had been able to play for most of the season. However at the time Perk was traded SHAQ WAS INJURED meaning there was no way to count on the kind of production and winning record we had earlier in the year. 

That was the fatal flaw in this deal. That plus an overly-optimistic assessment of Jeff Green.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

" Brooks was the better pick." I'm no Ainge fanboy but how do you know who was the better pick?
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Brooks is a Kobe Bryant type of player that could score 30 or 40 on any given night.  Ainge is an idiot for trading it for a 2014 2nd round pick.  New Jersey got the better of the deal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

I ask, who on these forums knows anything about these players other than what the media tells us and a few games/video clips of the picks. Has anyone here interviewed these players. Personal character, values, emotions, etc go a long way in evaluating their talent. Some people are basing their opinion on the picks after year or two or three, etc. It is easy for us to say a pick was a bust 2 years after the fact. It is ok to have an opinion but to say "Fire Ainge" is a little harsh, no?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

I liked the idea of Brooks, but I love JaJuan Johnson, I can't believe we actually got him, he dropped 20 pts a game, long, athletic, solid defender... He's a good all around big man this team needed. Honestly, look at his game, what's not to like? He will put more weight on just like every other college kid that goes to the pro's. I think out of every player available to DA he picked the most complete player, and added a future pick. Great draft by Ainge, but this is only the first step, we still need to add a few more pieces to the puzzle. A great first step by this team, they are instantly a better team now with Johnson. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

So I'm reading that people like these two guys. I'll have to look up some highlights of them. If they are good defenders then we know why they were drafted by the C's.

Most of Ainge's picks have been good over the years so I will wait to see how they fit in. Moore at almost 20ppg is impressive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Veritas007. Show Veritas007's posts

I liked the idea of Brooks, but I love JaJuan Johnson, I can't believe we actually got him, he dropped 20 pts a game, long, athletic, solid defender... He's a good all around big man this team needed. Honestly, look at his game, what's not to like? He will put more weight on just like every other college kid that goes to the pro's. I think out of every player available to DA he picked the most complete player, and added a future pick. Great draft by Ainge, but this is only the first step, we still need to add a few more pieces to the puzzle. A great first step by this team, they are instantly a better team now with Johnson. 
    Posted by myaim45

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

In Response to Re: Fire ainge : Brooks is a Kobe Bryant type of player that could score 30 or 40 on any given night.  Ainge is an idiot for trading it for a 2014 2nd round pick.  New Jersey got the better of the deal.
    Posted by sk8brd
    Let's mention the part you failed to talk about. While it's true Brooke's can score big, maybe it's because the entire offense runs thru him. Plus, ask yourself since he doesn't play any defense, how many points is he going to give up? I wonder about Brooke's shot attempts? How many shots attempted and how many made? Johnson can score and play defense, so we'll have to just wait a couple of years to see who was the wiser choice.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Re: Marshon Brooks on the Board!!! Take him!!!

posted at 6/23/2011 10:15 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=d65b56b76db9cee0b5a6b0ae823a3792&plckUserId=d65b56b76db9cee0b5a6b0ae823a3792">
    First: 3/26/2005
    Last: 6/24/2011
    Brooks would have been an impact player behind Ray Allen. I've got a feeling that Jajuan won't see the light of day. Still have a gaping hole in the middle. If the future 2nd round pick were for next year I would feel better about this but as of now we have no idea about the details of that "future 2nd round pick". This pick was better than the ones that we are accustomed to from Ainge but I think that he screwed up again. I hope that Johnson proves me wrong.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

posted at 6/24/2011 12:39 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=d65b56b76db9cee0b5a6b0ae823a3792&plckUserId=d65b56b76db9cee0b5a6b0ae823a3792">
    First: 3/26/2005
    Last: 6/24/2011
    I have often been critical of Danny Ainge. He has made some pretty stupid draft picks, trades, and foolishly failed to resign key players BUT he did a great job in this draft. I could write a book on this but I'll try my hardest not to. In this draft Ainge returned to what the identity of the Boston Celtics has been. Tough, defensive minded, cerebral, team-oriented, and offensively efficient. I liked Brooks as well and we may wind up regretting not keeping him but Johnson is a hell of a player as is Moore and because they played together for so long they come in with an established chemistry. The Boilermakers were one of the best defensive teams in college basketball and these two(Johnson and Moore) were the two best players of that team. They could also light up the scoreboard. Ainge did a great job in this draft. I have never said that about him before. Ainge will now focus on obtaining some Free Agents to fill the 5. Boston could wind up with an explosive bench that is also very strong on defense.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPzSTWi_jd4">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPzSTWi_jd4
    ---------------------------------------------------

Fickle much? Laughing

Typical bandwagon Celtic fan. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

So I'm reading that people like these two guys. I'll have to look up some highlights of them. If they are good defenders then we know why they were drafted by the C's. Most of Ainge's picks have been good over the years so I will wait to see how they fit in. Moore at almost 20ppg is impressive.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Watch the Ohio State game Johnson was all over the place real good team defender. Needs help one on one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Marshon Brooks on the Board!!! Take him!!! posted at 6/23/2011 10:15 PM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=d65b56b76db9cee0b5a6b0ae823a3792&plckUserId=d65b56b76db9cee0b5a6b0ae823a3792 " /> guyfromtex Posts: 1669 First: 3/26/2005 Last: 6/24/2011 Brooks would have been an impact player behind Ray Allen. I've got a feeling that Jajuan won't see the light of day. Still have a gaping hole in the middle. If the future 2nd round pick were for next year I would feel better about this but as of now we have no idea about the details of that "future 2nd round pick". This pick was better than the ones that we are accustomed to from Ainge but I think that he screwed up again. I hope that Johnson proves me wrong. --------------------------------------------------------------- Re: Fire ainge posted at 6/24/2011 12:39 AM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=d65b56b76db9cee0b5a6b0ae823a3792&plckUserId=d65b56b76db9cee0b5a6b0ae823a3792 "> guyfromtex Posts: 1669 First: 3/26/2005 Last: 6/24/2011 I have often been critical of Danny Ainge. He has made some pretty stupid draft picks, trades, and foolishly failed to resign key players BUT he did a great job in this draft. I could write a book on this but I'll try my hardest not to. In this draft Ainge returned to what the identity of the Boston Celtics has been. Tough, defensive minded, cerebral, team-oriented, and offensively efficient. I liked Brooks as well and we may wind up regretting not keeping him but Johnson is a hell of a player as is Moore and because they played together for so long they come in with an established chemistry. The Boilermakers were one of the best defensive teams in college basketball and these two(Johnson and Moore) were the two best players of that team. They could also light up the scoreboard. Ainge did a great job in this draft. I have never said that about him before. Ainge will now focus on obtaining some Free Agents to fill the 5. Boston could wind up with an explosive bench that is also very strong on defense. www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPzSTWi_jd4 "> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPzSTWi_jd4 --------------------------------------------------- Fickle much? Typical bandwagon Celtic fan. 
    Posted by koberulz

Really??  How did Mitch do with his four second round picks?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Best GM in the league is Danny Ainge.

Sections
Shortcuts