Fire Danny Ainge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Fire Danny Ainge

i just heard Kobe say "perkins is the best low post defender in the league." But hey Danny, we got a swingman, Jeff Green. Wow, Jeff Green is good and his name matches the color on our jersey. I bet that convinced Danny Boy Dumb to make the trade.
       Thibodeaux was the brains behind the Celtics. Now we are soft and dumb.
     Not good. We will have trouble in the first round of the playoffs, and definitely will lose to the Heat in round 2. Most disgraceful behavior in sports. Can anyone think of a GM who blew up a first place team that everyone said was the toughest defensive team in the league so we could start over this late in the season?
     Danny Ainge is psychotic, and he thinks he is so clever. What an imbecile. Fire him!!!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Fire Danny Ainge

I would've waited about 2 weeks before calling for Ainge's head.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Ill wait to see what we get for that draft pick beofre I say this was a bad trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

It was a different era, but, Red never traded players ( very rarely).   He felt the C's were a family and you were almost a Celtic for life.   Players would leave on their own (DChaney).   DA came and let AWalker go.   Wallace/Papille let JJohnson go.   Most when they've done this, they've screwed up.   DA/Papille don't know how to evaluate basketball championship players.   When last has DA/Papille drafted a good player.   At least one who can play in the rook/2nd yr game?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

2011 play-off record.... Wait for it.... 0 wins 0 loses...Hmmm

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It's funny that we don't see alot of people quesitoning the Lakers or wanting Kupchak fired. They started 15-1 after the break with no moves and now can't beat anyone. Matter of fact they're older than the Celtics and will have a tougher road to the Finals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ftld0. Show ftld0's posts

the probbleem about  the trade is danny panicked and did the trade  because there are more small forwards that you could get then jeff green. if he panicked then he schould get fired. but i still think that jeff green is a lot better then he is playing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

I think Doc's coaching needs to be questioned lately.  There is no reason this team should be this bad on the offensive end.  Too much talent to score like the Bucks.

Rondo should be living in the paint, collapsing defences and then either making a layup or finding the open man.  Earlier in the year he lived there.  

Also, Can they find some other way to get Ray involved possibly more inside out once the double teams come.  Let's make teams have to adjust.  Running Ray off screens all day can't be the only way.  bloody exhausting and not easy to catch an shoot on a full sprint.   Plus every team know this and has made adjustments.

Let's just post up Pierec, Delonte, Green and KG all day until it doesn't work.  This is bound to lead to some open looks for others.

Thoughts???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Matter of fact they're older than the Celtics and will have a tougher road to the Finals"

Celts have a tougher road than the Lakes, but both teams will face their share of tough competition before they even sniff the finals. 

As for calling for Ainge's head, that's premature. Gotta let the playoffs play out. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

green is a restricted FA, meaning we can match any offer for him. i'd be shocked if he didn't eventually sign with boston. maybe doc and danny are purposely making him look bad so there will not be too many offers for him in the offseason. personally, i agree with the sentiment that doc has reached the limits of his coaching ability.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

thanks Danny Ainge for four great years and mabey one more before we return to the heard and most on this site check our for another 20 years or so. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Danny Ainge:
    [QUOTE]thanks Danny Ainge for four great years and mabey one more before we return to the heard and most on this site check our for another 20 years or so. 
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

amen. i'm just glad boston mattered again, even if it was only for 4 years. for that i thank danny, doc and all the players. i know doc is not the perfect coach, but he did his best and brought us a title. i appreciate that. the 20 years before that title sucked big-time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I think we'll matter for more than 4 years.  Honestly, that's what Danny was going for when he made trades.  The key is to develop some of these young players.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Lakers have Kobe.   He's still the best creator in the NBA.   LDeng doesn't get scared of PP.   Joe Johnson isn't scared of RR or RA.   Fear of your opponent counts a great deal in the psychi of many players.   They play timid, act scared of Kobe.   Also, KB is one of the best defensive players in the nba.   Neither PP or RA have ever come close to a defensive anything.   They are playing better team D since KG has arrived.   But, if they can't score then the C's duck is cooked.   They don't have anybody off the bench who consistantly scores.   BB is the best bench scorer!   That is the best DA/Papille have been able to do in 3yrs since the championship.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]It's funny that we don't see alot of people quesitoning the Lakers or wanting Kupchak fired. They started 15-1 after the break with no moves and now can't beat anyone. Matter of fact they're older than the Celtics and will have a tougher road to the Finals.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Well, exactly.  And that's because LA fans are more chill than we are, which is both good and bad.  It's also because the Lakers have a long and recent history of winning titles and we just got back on the map 4 years ago, so it feels more precarious.  Trust me, I don't think too many Boston fans questioned their GM when we failed to bring home a title in 1967, the only year of the 60s where that happened.  Wink

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]Ill wait to see what we get for that draft pick beofre I say this was a bad trade.
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I think the Clippers' pick is lottery protected for at least a couple years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

I was going to log on to start this thread and it looks like i've been beaten to it!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Fire Danny Ainge:
    [QUOTE] i just heard Kobe say "perkins is the best low post defender in the league." But hey Danny, we got a swingman, Jeff Green. Wow, Jeff Green is good and his name matches the color on our jersey. I bet that convinced Danny Boy Dumb to make the trade.    Thibodeaux was the brains behind the Celtics. Now we are soft and dumb.  Not good. We will have trouble in the first round of the playoffs, and definitely will lose to the Heat in round 2. Most disgraceful behavior in sports. Can anyone think of a GM who blew up a first place team that everyone said was the toughest defensive team in the league so we could start over this late in the season?  Danny Ainge is psychotic, and he thinks he is so clever. What an imbecile. Fire him!!!! 
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

How can anyone get past your first sentence and even give any credibility to it whatsoever...... Howard is the best low post defender bar none.... who cares what Kobe says.... the reason he said it was to goad Bynum into stepping up his defense.........

Crack is still illegal so you should put the pipe down.....

At the end of the year Perkins would have walked and the Cs would be facing a hard cap with the new CBA just as in a couple of years, the OKC THunder will be regretting the signing of a player to 9 million per year when that is about 22% of the new cap... they will lose Harden, Westbrook, or Durant but will be stuck with Perk and wondering how the heck they ever get out from under.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

In Response to Fire Danny Ainge:
    [QUOTE] i just heard Kobe say "perkins is the best low post defender in the league." But hey Danny, we got a swingman, Jeff Green. Wow, Jeff Green is good and his name matches the color on our jersey. I bet that convinced Danny Boy Dumb to make the trade.    Thibodeaux was the brains behind the Celtics. Now we are soft and dumb.  Not good. We will have trouble in the first round of the playoffs, and definitely will lose to the Heat in round 2. Most disgraceful behavior in sports. Can anyone think of a GM who blew up a first place team that everyone said was the toughest defensive team in the league so we could start over this late in the season?  Danny Ainge is psychotic, and he thinks he is so clever. What an imbecile. Fire him!!!! 
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

I am angry about the trade to.  Well Said.   Let's hope for a healthy Shaq and miracles by SHAQ, Green, JO, RONDO BBD, RA and Kristic

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Fire Danny Ainge : How can anyone get past your first sentence and even give any credibility to it whatsoever...... Howard is the best low post defender bar none.... who cares what Kobe says.... the reason he said it was to goad Bynum into stepping up his defense......... Crack is still illegal so you should put the pipe down..... At the end of the year Perkins would have walked and the Cs would be facing a hard cap with the new CBA just as in a couple of years, the OKC THunder will be regretting the signing of a player to 9 million per year when that is about 22% of the new cap... they will lose Harden, Westbrook, or Durant but will be stuck with Perk and wondering how the heck they ever get out from under.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

You said it all when you said it.

(throws up hands in disbelief) Ainge is the best thing to happen to the Boston Celtics in years. And you have people calling for his head. I tell you what. Without Ainge the Celtics would have not won anything, let alone be the dominant team in the East for three years.

Really, do you people want someone like ML Carr or Pitino running the show again? I'm sure plenty of people would like to see that. Seriously Ainge is one the better GMs out there.

Season isn't over and people want him gone? You should hope he stays with Boston because the club could become very medicore without him.