Fire doc

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

Fire doc

Please fire the coach. The fans and this team can't take it any more.  It's inexcusable to be losing, watching this coach screwing up the game, + players having a mental breakdown, doing the same mistakes over and over again.  Don't they ever learn?

Phil was right for once.  This team knows really how to lose and they are showing it way too many times this season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Fire doc

You're right. I can't believe Doc gave up 12 second-chance points in the fourth quarter and went 11-of-20 from the free throw line!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I won't say that Boston should fire Doc but when your team continues to run out of gas in the 4th quarter why not make a change? Use more of your bench? If it were me I would be using more of a lineup during this time that included West, Wafer, and Green to have more athleticism on the floor, help spread the floor, and get more points on the board. It is obvious to me that the C's starting lineup suffers greatly from fatigue (especially in the 4th q's) on these back to backs. Why is it not obvious to Doc?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

This is about the 100th fire Doc thread for about the past 5 years that I've been blogging here. I expect a few more by the time the season ends.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

It was only a matter of time before this thread started, again.  Fire Doc, Fire Danny, Change owners, trade the players, get a new stadium, change the uniforms, and anything else we can change!  That's the solution!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonyxx. Show tonyxx's posts

Oh boy!  I missed this thread.  Doc definitely just put Banner # 18 into SERIOUS JEOPARDY!  Shaq taken to the locker room in a wheel chair. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

This may be Doc's last year here.  Let's send him out a winner.

Jerry Sloan, anyone?  If nothing else, phil doesn't like him!  He gets props from me right there!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

A look at how the two coaches have managed their 30-something and other starters minutes this year:
    Ray 36.1 (+0.9), Kobe 33.8 (-5.0)
    Paul 34.7 (+0,7), Artest 29.1 (-4.7)
    Kevin 31.4 (+1.5), Gasol 37.2 (+0.2)
    Rondo 37.3 (+0.7), Fisher 27.6 (+0.4)
    Shaq 20.7 (-3.7), Bynum 27.3 (-0.9)

Key subs:
    Baby 29.4 (+11.9), Odom 32.2 (+0.7) 
    Green 37 @OKC -14.3 to 22.7 @ BOS (both stats are this season); Matt Barnes 19.5 @LAL -6.4 from last year at ORL. Blake and Brown are giving Phil 20 minutes a game, Doc was playing Quis 19/game, Delonte is at 18.7 (was 25 last year), Krstic 24.

Fairly similar, but Phil has significantly managed minutes down for Kobe and Artest, the rest are not that significant. Other than Baby's deserved bump in minutes and Shaq's down the Celtics' changes are not that significant either. On Shaq, he had a bunch of low minute games before they shelved him, and Doc stretched him to 35, 31, 30 minutes in a few games, so averges can be deceiving (I prefer median). Other than Shaq and Kevin, Celtics starters are playing much bigger minutes than the Lakers' starters, and Gasol is the only Laker starter Phil appears to be riding too much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Be careful what you wish for!  Doc's not perfect but then no coach is.  He has set the tone and kept his team with the right attitude, not to mention managed egos.  Who's to say the same group of stars would have played as unselfishly and effectively as they have under Doc?  I for one would like him to stay at least another year.  Whenever he goes, it will be difficult.  Think of all the dooozies we had to go through between KC Jones and Doc...  I appreciate what he does and has done here!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Doc didn't make the trade. Fire the man who made the trade. Perk belongs in Boston, not in OK City. Team chemistry is gone now. The C's will not go anywhere in the play-offs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In Response to Fire doc:
    [QUOTE]Please fire the coach. The fans and this team can't take it any more.  It's inexcusable to be losing, watching this coach screwing up the game, + players having a mental breakdown, doing the same mistakes over and over again.  Don't they ever learn? Phil was right for once.  This team knows really how to lose and they are showing it way too many times this season.
    Posted by sk8brd[/QUOTE]

Clearly his idiot coaching decisions have led to the injuries of Shaq, JON, Delonte, Marquis, Semih, Wafer . . .

If he'd had a full deck all season and they were playing this way, I might consider that he were not the best coach we've had since KC.  But since he has handled a cast with more rotations than a CD, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt . . . as should you.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Doc is one of the most respected coaches in the NBA, and deserves a lot of credit for 2008 and last year's run. This year, the injury parade would have killed a lesser team, but not the Celtics.

There is a good chance that this will be his final year with the Cs because he wants to see his son play at Duke. When that happens, expect another 10 years or better, of rebuilding because KG said he was leaving when Doc left.

Some people just don't know when they have a good thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I would not fire Doc, thats stupid, but I would give him the same rest that everyone else on this team needs mentally.  He is frustrated and taking it out on players...The players are getting restless with him.  I would send K.G., Paul and Ray to Easton to one of those massuese parlors where they can get a happy ending and take 3 days off...I would tell Doc to take 3 days off, send him home to florida and come back recharged,    Before the playoffs start, everyone needs to recharge their battery...look what it did for Rondo....K.G had a good game last night, but still would like to see him take 2 games off

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Doc is fine!  Leave him alone!

To borrow a phrase from Bill Parcells...maybe we should blame the guy 'picking the groceries'!!!  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonyxx. Show tonyxx's posts

In Response to Re: Fire doc:
    [QUOTE]Doc didn't make the trade. Fire the man who made the trade. Perk belongs in Boston, not in OK City. Team chemistry is gone now. The C's will not go anywhere in the play-offs.
    Posted by AlleyCatBruin[/QUOTE]

Listen here you Celtic Headcase!  Doc got onboard the second time around and endorsed this trade with his blessing.  He is on record saying this!  Do you want me to prove this?  Doc gets paid the big jack to form this team chemistry.  Bottomline he has done a terrible job so far.  He has a couple of days after tom night to get this team on track regardless of whether Shaq plays or not!  Can't wait  till the second round because that is where rubber meets the road.  I will challenge any Celtic fan to inspire me otherwise.  Let's get it on!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I rather fire the athletic trainers

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

Lose the 1 seed. Check.  Lose the 2 seed. Check.  Lose to a last place team. Check.  All of the above are accomplished in less than a week by Doc.  How amazing.  And I could bet kiss#18 bye bye would be next on his freaking todo list.  This coach should be fired.  Imagine if Danny did so last year, we could have had Thibodeau and 65 wins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

We DID keep the wrong coach!!!  Up 6 with 58 seconds to play.  Never should have gotten to overtime.  No Delonte at crunch time - inexcusable.

Did Doc take off last night's game too?  Or just his brain?

The Ainge-blamers are idiots.  He has put more talent on this roster than any roster we have had.  I know the injuries and late additions have made it hard to practice, but a GOOD coach would figure it out!!!

Thibodeau should be the coach of the year.  If you want to blame Ainge for a bad move, this is the REAL bad move.

PA

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RampageIMT. Show RampageIMT's posts

I like Doc Rivers as a coach.  He is a players coach and he is good at coaching veterans.  However, when it comes to developing younger talent he falls short.  I think he knows that and that is why he wanted one more run at the championship with this group.  Regardless of what happens this year I believe Doc will walk away.  After this year we will probably need to start rebuilding and Doc is not the coach for that.  There are certain coaches who can develop younger talent and Doc unfortunately is not one of them. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

You won't have to fire him, i say he walks after this year on his own. He knows the window is about to close, and he remembers what it was like before Ray and Kg came on board!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

I can understand that frustration with this season from a fan standpoint, but Doc has been doing this a long time...in the begininng of the season I'm sure he and Danny realized that things may not turn out they way they would like...

If Doc brings this team to the Finals, fans will be bellowing to sign him long term...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I hope they do fire both Danny and Doc...so that the idiot fans can have their ways.. after the new management and coaches screw it up.go back to winning 18 games per season..Bring Pitino back while youre at it..that would be good...that way only the die hard fans will stay...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JOHNNYROCKETS. Show JOHNNYROCKETS's posts

NO TEAM HAS HAD THE INJURIES WE HAVE HAD PLAIN AND SIMPLE.Cool

Sections
Shortcuts