Fire doc

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Fire doc

In Response to Re: Fire doc:
    NO TEAM HAS HAD THE INJURIES WE HAVE HAD PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
    Posted by JOHNNYROCKETS

EXACTLY!!  I've been saying precisely the same thing too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

doc does not know how to play the bench.

rr is inconsistent.

prognosis poor

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

Bob Ryan of the Globe just pointed out that since the All Star Break the Celtics have the 30th ranked offensive club.   30th!!!

How is this possible with this group.  All are capable of putting up 20 in any given game..  I love Doc, but I think he isn't the best with the X's and 0's and in game adjustments.  Really worry that the biggest change this season is the lack of Thibs..  

Celts look totally lost and their offense seemly solely focused on picks and mid range jumpers.  Without Shaq  and Perk decent picks aren't being set.  This is the main reason Ray isn't getting open looks now..   

If Shaq isn't in their offensive adjustments need to be made.  If they can't get over 80 a game nothing else will matter.

Here's hoping something changes and playing a soft Knicks team has to help the offense..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Lose the 1 seed. Check.  Lose the 2 seed. Check.  Lose to a last place team. Check.  All of the above are accomplished in less than a week by Doc.  How amazing.  And I could bet kiss#18 bye bye would be next on his freaking todo list.  This coach should be fired.  Imagine if Danny did so last year, we could have had Thibodeau and 65 wins.
    Posted by sk8brd

If Thibs had Shaq out, JON out, Perk traded, Quis permanent damaging his neck, West out almost ALL season, tried to incorporate Green and krstic, deal with the mercurial Rondo rather than MVP Rose, KG and Rondo missing time with leg injuries, Wafer out for almost a month, Semih out every other game, Perk missing the first half of the season, playing 5 games or so, then getting traded.............  I wonder how Thibs would have done?   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Bob Ryan of the Globe just pointed out that since the All Star Break the Celtics have the 30th ranked offensive club.   30th!!! How is this possible with this group.  All are capable of putting up 20 in any given game..  I love Doc, but I think he isn't the best with the X's and 0's and in game adjustments.  Really worry that the biggest change this season is the lack of Thibs..   Celts look totally lost and their offense seemly solely focused on picks and mid range jumpers.  Without Shaq  and Perk decent picks aren't being set.  This is the main reason Ray isn't getting open looks now..    If Shaq isn't in their offensive adjustments need to be made.  If they can't get over 80 a game nothing else will matter. Here's hoping something changes and playing a soft Knicks team has to help the offense..
    Posted by celticjay

Good point on the picks, but if Rondo starts making more shots, I bet you will see higher points on the board

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bob Ryan of the Globe just pointed out that since the All Star Break the Celtics have the 30th ranked offensive club.   30th!!! How is this possible with this group.  All are capable of putting up 20 in any given game..  I love Doc, but I think he isn't the best with the X's and 0's and in game adjustments.  Really worry that the biggest change this season is the lack of Thibs..   Celts look totally lost and their offense seemly solely focused on picks and mid range jumpers.  Without Shaq  and Perk decent picks aren't being set.  This is the main reason Ray isn't getting open looks now..    If Shaq isn't in their offensive adjustments need to be made.  If they can't get over 80 a game nothing else will matter. Here's hoping something changes and playing a soft Knicks team has to help the offense..
    Posted by celticjay

First you complain about the offense being 30th (an offense with no center, by the way) and then you say Thibs is the biggest miss.  Wow - do you not know the coaches?  Thibs was the defensive mind, man.   He learned offense from Doc who ran the offense each year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

NO TEAM HAS HAD THE INJURIES WE HAVE HAD PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
    Posted by JOHNNYROCKETS

That is true, but we also dont draft well, and do not have the personel to hold the fort down till the injured are back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I like Doc Rivers as a coach.  He is a players coach and he is good at coaching veterans.  However, when it comes to developing younger talent he falls short.  I think he knows that and that is why he wanted one more run at the championship with this group.  Regardless of what happens this year I believe Doc will walk away.  After this year we will probably need to start rebuilding and Doc is not the coach for that.  There are certain coaches who can develop younger talent and Doc unfortunately is not one of them. 
    Posted by RampageIMT

So, what young talent didn't he develop - Giddens, Bradley, Luke, or what other late second round pick did he not develop?   These players on other teams all look great or would look great, right?????

So, what about Baby, Rondo, West, Jefferson, and Gomes who all learned under Doc when they first came to the league?   Oh, I'm sorry - he gets NO credit for the ones doing well and all the blame for the bums Danny drafted lately?

Think about what your GM has done to his team, the draft choices over the last couple of years, the missing of DeAndre Jordan or Anderson or others Danny passed up so he could get Bradley, Giddens, Walker, etc.   Then, he trades away Perk and disrupts the team that won the championship and was about to win until Perk hurts his knee.   That's it Danny - get rid of Perk and get Murphy, Sasha, Arroyo.  Then, count on 39 year old oft injured 350 pound Shaq and oft injured over the hill JON.   That's it - go from the team you had to the team of the injured.

Actually, I understand Danny's gamble and he may have done the right thing for the long run - but he sacrificed this year's team to do it.  If he had kept Perk and gone for ONE player to back up Pierce, Kept Semih instead of that 2nd round pick he got, he would still have the same team and have a chance.

your anger is misplaced.  The GM makes the moves and the coach has to live with them.   In this case, if I'm Doc - I quit this year and i NEVER trust Danny again and never forgive him for pulling the rug out from under me.  3/4 of the year I hold it together only to have Danny destroy the team at the end and expect 33 to 40 year old players to hold up against the Rose's, Lebrons, Wades, etc of the world.   Good deal that is, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I agree with that part... would LOVE to see us draft better than we have lately.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Fire doc : If Thibs had Shaq out, JON out, Perk traded, Quis permanent damaging his neck, West out almost ALL season, tried to incorporate Green and krstic, deal with the mercurial Rondo rather than MVP Rose, KG and Rondo missing time with leg injuries, Wafer out for almost a month, Semih out every other game, Perk missing the first half of the season, playing 5 games or so, then getting traded.............  I wonder how Thibs would have done?   
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Amen brother.  Very, VERY well said.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Fire doc:
    Please fire the coach.
    Posted by sk8brd

Let's at least wait until after the Celtics secure the championship.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

You can't put your faith and trust in older players. They wear down quicker, are more injury prone, take longer to heal. Shaq hasn't been REALLY healthy since the title year of '06 with Miami. I wonder if he lasts more than 5-6 minutes the next time and probably the last time he comes back!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

You can't put your faith and trust in older players. They wear down quicker, are more injury prone, take longer to heal. Shaq hasn't been REALLY healthy since the title year of '06 with Miami. I wonder if he lasts more than 5-6 minutes the next time and probably the last time he comes back!
    Posted by JREwing

Exactly!  Let's hope he does last, however, or we're in trouble.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

I'm wondering how did Thibodeau deal with both his starting center and his starting power forward out for an extended period of time?  Let's not forget that guys when we cry about our injuries.

Chicago was without both Boozer and Noah for a good part of the season.

Our problem hasn't been we were injured and lost to the good teams.  Our problem IS we are unfocused and tired and lost to the bad teams.

After the trade, our offense was UP and we were winning.  Then we went into a funk.  Maybe it just took a while for the CANCER to kill the patient. 

Now the question is will the pros with some time to rest and the coach with some time to practice, strap them on and go out and do what we all know they can?

WIN 18!!!

PA

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

You guys can blame Doc all you want but I think he has done a magical job massaging these ego's.  This team plays with the game, meaning they do not play for 48 minutes and the have a "turn it on" mentally.  Besides for the last two games against Miami and Bulls, which were pay-back, the Celtics are ELITIST... meaning they only show up when the game seems important.  Look at the Celtics loses and strip out the record aganist back-to-back; and then the record against sub- .500 teams....  two loses to the Wizards, lose against the Nets, Clippers, Pacers, Raptors etc...  The stats do not lie...  this team says let's get on with the playoffs already...  if the Celtics make another run... then we have our answer ...  these guys do not respect the regular season at all...
    Posted by ShepherdCall
    They expect the fans to respect the regular season and their pay checks by buying tickets to those games. Every time a pro athlete goes onto a court, or field of play he/she owes it to the paying customer to give them their best performance. Any less is unacceptable!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

Hire Petey 62 if they Fire Doc!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Hire Petey 62 if they Fire Doc!
    Posted by JREwing

AGREED ! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'm wondering how did Thibodeau deal with both his starting center and his starting power forward out for an extended period of time?  Let's not forget that guys when we cry about our injuries. Chicago was without both Boozer and Noah for a good part of the season. Our problem hasn't been we were injured and lost to the good teams.  Our problem IS we are unfocused and tired and lost to the bad teams. After the trade, our offense was UP and we were winning.  Then we went into a funk.  Maybe it just took a while for the CANCER to kill the patient.  Now the question is will the pros with some time to rest and the coach with some time to practice, strap them on and go out and do what we all know they can? WIN 18!!! PA
    Posted by PACelt

Noah played 47 out of 81 games.  Boozer played 58 out of 81 games.  And, their times didn't overlap.  Rose, Brewer, Deng, Korver, Watson, and Asik did not miss ANY games....ZERO!

Celtics:  Out of 81 games...Garnett played 71; Rondo 68; Shaq 37 games; JON 24 games; Semih 37 of the 50 he was here; West 24 games.  And there were over 15 games where Shaq, Perk, JON, and Semih were not there (ie. NO center).  

So, you're still telling me there is a comparison to what Doc faced vs what Thibs faced?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonyxx. Show tonyxx's posts

Well its time to revisit this thread!  Both Doc and Danny should be taken to the woodshed!  Best record in the NBA most of season and now this!!  Depending on a 39 year old Shaq as go to big?  Trading away one of the best defensive bigs in NBA?  Destroying team cemistry with questionable trades.  Unable to get Rondo's head back on track after falling of wagon when informed of Perk trade? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I did not see game 2, but I wonder why its the coaches fault?   Every time someone loses, is it the coach?  So, every game LA lost, that Dallas Lost, that Chicago lost, that miami lost in the regular season and the first series, etc, etc, etc......should they have fired the coach?

Is it possible that in the NBA (and every other level) that one team is better than another or that some players are better than others?    

We only lost the first two on the road.  The series is NOT over.  We just gotta hold our two at home like they did. 

Hang in there, man, and don't go off the deep end.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

You won't have to fire him, i say he walks after this year on his own. He knows the window is about to close, and he remembers what it was like before Ray and Kg came on board!!
    Posted by kyceltic

I would be very surprised if this isn't Doc's last season.  Unfortunately, in the future, he will probably be coaching another NBA team.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

wont miss doc

the ole Celts teams had benchpower cuz the bench was givena chnace to play

painful to watch this unprepared team..unravel

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Yeah, bring back Pitino, or Jimmy Rodgers, or ML Carr.  That'll fix eveything.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

I won't say that Boston should fire Doc but when your team continues to run out of gas in the 4th quarter why not make a change? Use more of your bench? If it were me I would be using more of a lineup during this time that included West, Wafer, and Green to have more athleticism on the floor, help spread the floor, and get more points on the board. It is obvious to me that the C's starting lineup suffers greatly from fatigue (especially in the 4th q's) on these back to backs. Why is it not obvious to Doc?
    Posted by guyfromtex

Nice post. The problem with Doc is that he doesn't use the bench. We really need to be more athletic. So, to see Wafer and Sasha just sitting down on the bench is inexcusable. He should be playing both players since they are more athletic than the starting five, with the exception of Rondo..

Sections
Shortcuts