First impressions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

First impressions

-Bradley still sucks taking it to the rim. Picks up his dribble too early, doesn't use his body properly to get an open lay up. He still has no floater. Steve Nash is an inferior athlete to Bradley but he is better at scoring in the paint because he makes the right choices. Stockton was a relatively slow but tricky penetrater too.His 3 is back and he looks better running pick n roll except for that terrible bounce pass to Hump that was stolen.

-Gerald Wallace MUST start.

-Sully looks good for now but you can't ride him just yet. So he can't start. Maybe next year if his health holds up this season.

-Kelly should be one of our top reserves all season.Maybe even start a few games. First start against Dirk? 

-Green is a career 50/50 player. Been that way his whole life. I'll dominate this game and coast the rest of the week. GW dominates games with his energy EVERY night. Green will be coming off the bench if he doesn't dominate. He can't just play well, we expect him to dominate or its to the bench withya!!!

Preseason or not I want 18ppg from him or he's underachieving. 

-Lee is not a starting 2 in this league.

-Bass can be a power 3, keep exploring that.

-Hump, Fav, Crawford playing smart and hard.

-I like Stevens offense and having Sully and KO make plays passing because it is a strength for them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Re: First impressions

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

-Bradley still sucks taking it to the rim. Picks up his dribble too early, doesn't use his body properly to get an open lay up. He still has no floater. Steve Nash is an inferior athlete to Bradley but he is better at scoring in the paint because he makes the right choices. Stockton was a relatively slow but tricky penetrater too.His 3 is back and he looks better running pick n roll except for that terrible bounce pass to Hump that was stolen.

-Gerald Wallace MUST start.

-Sully looks good for now but you can't ride him just yet. So he can't start. Maybe next year if his health holds up this season.

-Kelly should be one of our top reserves all season.Maybe even start a few games. First start against Dirk? 

-Green is a career 50/50 player. Been that way his whole life. I'll dominate this game and coast the rest of the week. GW dominates games with his energy EVERY night. Green will be coming off the bench if he doesn't dominate. He can't just play well, we expect him to dominate or its to the bench withya!!!

Preseason or not I want 18ppg from him or he's underachieving. 

-Lee is not a starting 2 in this league.

-Bass can be a power 3, keep exploring that.

-Hump, Fav, Crawford playing smart and hard.

-I like Stevens offense and having Sully and KO make plays passing because it is a strength for them.

Maybe you are right about KO being 6th man.  That would keep him out of foul trouble.  I think KO must finish in the 4rth quarter.  KO could have the best +/- and be the guy the opposing coach would take out of the C's lineup, should they be allowed.  He may be our best rook since Pierce or McHale.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Play both Jeff Green and Wallace at the same time and for a lot of minutes at 2 and 3 and go big (relatively).  Jeff Green can keep up with some or maybe a lot of SGs on defense.  Bradley should not be playing the point, but then again we are going for a very high draft pick, aren't we?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Bradley will be a better scorer in the paint when he learns to use contact to his advantage. No matter how tall you are guys miss layups by rushing or showing the ball, not controlling the situation physically, shooting the wrong shot for the situation.

If he does not have the skill to shoot a floater or to put it high off the glass he needs to make sure he's attacking strong enough to put the layup on that box on the backboard above the rim or else pass or dribble out and get something else.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Play both Jeff Green and Wallace at the same time and for a lot of minutes at 2 and 3 and go big (relatively).  Jeff Green can keep up with some or maybe a lot of SGs on defense.  Bradley should not be playing the point, but then again we are going for a very high draft pick, aren't we?

I agree. Bass should be the first guy off the bench to play the 3 or the 4. Sullinger should start with Humphries and KO backs upSully and Hump (whoever gets subbed 1st)

I'm conflicted because Sully and KO are better together than Sully and Hump. But by seperating them we can always have a point forward on the floor.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

-Chris Babb looked better than any SG we played and anyone they played except Hardaway and Shumpert. He seems like a player in the Rick Fox, Doug Christie, Danny Green, Shane Battier mold.

Good for him if he keeps it up.

-Brooks is too lazy moving around the court without the ball and when he gets it he immediately dribbles into traffic and turns it over or almost does. Conversely, Babb was quick without the ball and made better decisions when he got touches.

-Wallace is our best small forward. Maybe that's why Stevens said he would try Green at the 2.

-Pressey did not dissappoint me. He did exactly as I had hoped. He's little Chris Paul! Little CP3!

-Lee is baffling on offense.How did he make it to the pros with such a horrible stroke as a guard?

-Jeff tried harder last night to score, still want more effectiveness from him. Wallace posted up well, shot well, slashed well, passed well, defended well. I regret saying he is overpaid right now. Jeff looks overpaid along with Lee.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Personally I would bring Sully and KO off the bench together. They play well together. If Green is up and down again this year I'm looking to move him come the deadline. 

Finish games with AB, Wallace, Green, Sully and KO. No Wallace isn't a SG but right now we have no shooter so we try to beat people with athleticism, defense and passing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

-Marshon should never get in a players shirt on the perimeter because he doesn't posess the lateral quickness to contain the drive he is inviting. He should invite jumpers that he can do a better job of contesting. He should also overplay on the shooting arm and stay on the ground when the jumper is taken.

Most guards get blocks on help defense rather than in man to man. Go for blocks of layups but stay on the ground for jumpers in one on one defense. I think statistics would back me up but I don't know. I just remember all of Jordans blocks being on help defense where the man didn't see him coming.This eliminates getting pumpfaked out of good position or baited into a foul. Stand close with arms raised is good enough D.

-Vitor has a flair! He has style! But most importantly he's got great hands and coordination and skillz! I like the way he tomahawks everything left or righty! Nice! Last guy around here to dunk like that was DaChief!! Dramatic upgrade from Melo.

Still miss Stiemsma though.But if Vitor can block shots, it will ease the pain.

So far we should start Bradley Green Wallace Bass Humphries

2nd unit -Pressey Crawford Lee Sullinger Olynyk

3rd unit- Brooks Bogans Babb and Faverani

Sullinger and Hump are our best rebounders, so I want one of them on the floor at all times. Plus Sully and KO play great together.

Pressey has to get time. We need to see what he's got.Wallace is a starter and Green is a starter so, we have to start them.Lee should play behind Babb right now, but we'll never be rid of his contract that way. So Lee has to play himself out of this funk. I know he's a better player than we've seen because I've seen him on other clubs. Frustrating!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I'm with BirdLewsBias, Sully and KO should be coming off the bench.  I also believe GW is earning a starting spot.  Not sure Stevens is going to put both GW and Green in the starting lineup together but they both need to be out there.  And honestly, if we can have only one, AT THIS POINT, I'm going with GW.  He's so much more consistent than Green is.

By his horrible play thus far, Courtney Lee is making it easy for Stevens to consider starting both GW and Green.  Lee's play has digressed significantly since last season.  Maybe in the next few preseason games he'll pick it up.  Then again, Green is looking like he's using the preseason to get himself in game shape too.

DaCeltics, you are so right, Green should be dropping 18 points regardless of it being preseason or regular season.  When Pierce and KG went to Brooklyn, that is the day that Green should have accepted the fact that he has to dominate and produce every time he steps on the court.  No more games with only 9 points.  It has to be 18 every night now.  I wonder if he has that mentality.  I wonder if he can, as KG suggests, be an a%#hole!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

You're right Petey! If the trade option was Green or GW, I'd say KEEP GERALD WALLACE!! Who knew? Besides Ainge of course...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Green and one of those #1 picks to a team such as the Sixers, Suns, Bobcats for a unprotected #1 would surely gets us to the top of the draft.

My expectations this year is to totally prepare for the next 5-7 years. It's not to make the playoffs, it's not to criticize Stevens, it's not to see how this team comes together. It's about next year and with that in mind EVERYONE is on the table. Gut this team slowly...move one guy before the season, then another 2 at the trading deadline.

I would like to have 2 top 10 picks going into the lottery and 3 #1s total. Then in 2015 we have another 2 #1 picks. Get as much talent or collect as many chips as possible. 

Right now this team is a collection of pieces...too many overlapping skill sets and no real susperstar. The only combo that I really like is Sully and KO. They both have high bball IQs, good passers and compliment each other.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Fav, Hump, Wallace are all keepers. Fav is skilled and plays with real 'tude. At 25, given some time to adjust and develope, he's gonna be very relevant. Hump is a very serviceable Big with much more game than I expected to see. He will bang and can really shoot. Smooth for a guy his size. Wallace always could ball and still does have mad skills. All it takes is a coach who knows how to let him play. KO will cruise while learning and then sometime in late Nov/Dec starts to show why he is this year's ROY. Gotta love the potential with these guys. Gonna be a fun year to watch them play basketball as long as you don't place unrealistic expecations on them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

They are who we thought they were:

LEE:  I really thought Lee would thrive under Stevens, but if anything he has regressed further.  He has been given big minutes in the first two PS games and has shown us NOTHING.  Very disappointing.  His salary is excessive and his trade value is dropping faster than a marching band of drunk girls in stilettoes.

GREEN:  Given the expectation as our new team leader, Green has, if anything, regressed to a backup role.  His shot is off and he just doesn't seem to be part of the team on the court.  I agree that Stevens needs to try him at SG (where we have a huge void) because he either needs to contribute at a high level or we need to get rid of him.  Another big salary without production has  his trade value dropping faster than Miley Cyrus's G-string during Fleet Week. 

BASS: is Bass is Bass.  A good backup at PF for alot of teams.  But he is not a starter nor part of the rebuild.  

BRADLEY:  I want to give him more time to learn how to play the point... but I have serious doubts.  He is not a SG, so if he can't play PG he is just a situational defensive player... 

On the positive side. I'm pleasantly surprised so far with:  Fav, Pressey, Wallace, Hump, Sully and to a leser extent, Oly (although we'll see a lot of improvement in the coming months).  

Before its too late, Danny should start looking at moving a package of Green and Lee and separately Bass and Bradley. They should both fetch us some good talent.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts