First round matchup: Knicks or Pacers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

First round matchup: Knicks or Pacers?

Celtic nation, which team would the Celtics fare best against, New York Knicks or Indiana Pacers?

With the current league standings, we're most likely stuck between those 2 teams as our first round opponent. Which team would the Celtics rather meet in the 1st round? Knicks or Pacers?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

Re: First round matchup: Knicks or Pacers?

The Pacers rank # 1 in the league in points allowed. One can expect a rough and grind series with them, something which the Celtics are very accustomed and comfortable playing. However, the Pacers also rank # 1 in the league in rebounds per game which will be a MAJOR PROBLEM for the small, often outmsucled, outboxed Cs.

However, the Knicks have Tyson Chandler. A KG-clone come playoff time. A defensive leader who can will his team to victory by his toughness and defense IQ. Also, they have a scorer like Carmelo who's been scorching hot as of late. Plus the Knicks rank #11 in the league in points per game as against the 21st ranking of the Pacers.

Honey nut cheerios? I hope so.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

pacers dangerous. warrior celts will come good againts 'melo-centric knicks. KG will crack ribs beating his chest so hard. it'll be some rabid series. but that'll be it for the c's after they beat the knicks in 6 or 7. 

pacers with hibbert and george are nba team of the year and have a bit of the eye of the tiger about them. i don't want green in their sights.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

we can beat both teams in the playoffs, but id prefer the Pacers bc like Fierce said, they dont have the go to guy. The superstar that will win a game or two on their own. Thats been our achilles heel the past few years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to realdfury13's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Celts face the Knicks in the 1st round and it will result in a 1st round exit by the Celts.

The Celts will beat the Pacers in the 1st round.

Put down the pipe man.

did your team clinched a playoff spot yet?? haaa

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Indianna

Chicago

Miami

OKC

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Indianna

Chicago

Miami

OKC

I would prefer Chicago to climb up to the 5th spot. With a healthy Derrick Rose and J.Noah, that team will give the Heat a pretty solid series in the 2nd round.

Nets or Hawks will be a walk in the park for Miami. Honey nut cheerios definitely.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

we can beat both teams in the playoffs, but id prefer the Pacers bc like Fierce said, they dont have the go to guy. The superstar that will win a game or two on their own. Thats been our achilles heel the past few years.

I also agree that the Celtics have a better chance of beating the Pacers than the Knicks in the 1st round of the playoffs.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

It doesn't matter who we play.  We are going to have to play well to beat either team. The only thing about New York is they are more likely to get the 50 50 calls in their favor.  All leagues like New York to do well.  JR and Melo can't shoot themselves out of a game as well as win one.  Indiana  is just a tough defensive minded team.  I can see us beating or losing to either team.  If our defense doesn't get better we are in trouble with either team. With a little shorter rotation and KG, PP, JG, AB playing a lot of minutes our defense should be able to step up.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

It doesn't matter who we play.  We are going to have to play well to beat either team. The only thing about New York is they are more likely to get the 50 50 calls in their favor.  All leagues like New York to do well.  JR and Melo can't shoot themselves out of a game as well as win one.  Indiana  is just a tough defensive minded team.  I can see us beating or losing to either team.  If our defense doesn't get better we are in trouble with either team. With a little shorter rotation and KG, PP, JG, AB playing a lot of minutes our defense should be able to step up.

If Garnett is healthy we can beat either team. Without Garnett we have no chance. Not saying anything everyone does not know. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

My prediction is the Celts will lose if it's the Knicks or the Heat in the 1st round.

I think the only way out of the 1st round is if they face the Pacers.

What's your prediction?

With my heart or my head? My heart says we beat both teams.  Logic says we can't beat either team.  So I guess I will wait until we see who we play and then predict. A lot can happen in the next 8 games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

My prediction is the Celts will lose if it's the Knicks or the Heat in the 1st round.

I think the only way out of the 1st round is if they face the Pacers.

What's your prediction?

With Danny Granger out for the rest of the season, playoffs included, Pierce and Green will have more room offensively to do great damage against the Pacers come playoff time.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Another "prediction" for our team from a classless troll!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I do not wish an injury on any opponent team so that we hope to get an edge. But if I were a Knick fan, I'd be very nervous that Melo does not get injured. He is a one man wrecking crew. The Heat have won w/o LeBron, Wade & Bosh and we have won w/o KG & PP so we have others who can pick up the slack. The Knicks don't !!!

The Lakers are hoping for a match with the Spurs because they are hoping too that Ginobili stays injured !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Absolutely the Knicks... It will be tough for the to keep up the 3pt barrage. Also MSG is somehow the worst home court advantage because the visiting team always is inspired to compete. I think we win in 6 games.

Also HoneyNut Cherios

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

My prediction is the Celts will lose if it's the Knicks or the Heat in the 1st round.I think the only way out of the 1st round is if they face the Pacers.

What's your prediction?

I said before - I'll say it again. Barring injury to a key player, the Celts will not lose to any first round opponent except Miami (yes I know Miami is unlikely now).  And the Celts would have the best chance to beat Miami if they meet in first round.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

In response to KenDNP's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

Indianna

Chicago

Miami

OKC

I would prefer Chicago to climb up to the 5th spot. With a healthy Derrick Rose and J.Noah, that team will give the Heat a pretty solid series in the 2nd round.

Nets or Hawks will be a walk in the park for Miami. Honey nut cheerios definitely.

Great win by the Bulls tonight. Climb up to that 5th spot and face Miami in the 2nd round.

Among all East teams, the Bulls (with Rose) and the Celtics (with Rondo) have the best chance against the Heat come playoff time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to KenDNP's comment:

Celtic nation, which team would the Celtics fare best against, New York Knicks or Indiana Pacers?

With the current league standings, we're most likely stuck between those 2 teams as our first round opponent. Which team would the Celtics rather meet in the 1st round? Knicks or Pacers?

Are you going to resurrect your guarantee threads come playoffs?  Some of us are waiting for that.

25. This post has been removed.