First shoe to drop...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from texasgreen. Show texasgreen's posts

First shoe to drop...

Boston trades Paul Pierce and Fab Melo to Houston sending Houston $18,045,065.00 in salary.

Houston trades Asik, T. Robinson, and White to Boston sending Boston 13,394,726 in salary.

Houston buys out Pierce and sends him to free agency and thereby saves $7,140,000. in salary

Boston saves $4,650,339.00 in salary.

Houston has more money under the cap and gets rid of White and has a young center in Melo if the D. Howard signing is a failure. Boston gets the center it needs and saves money in possible hopes of resigning Pierce. Just the first shoe to drop.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from texasgreen. Show texasgreen's posts

Re: First shoe to drop...

In response to Fierce34's comment:

If the Celts trade Pierce, they can't re-sign him, if he's waived, for at least 1 year.

Even if Pierce is not allowed to return this situation sets up Boston to become better with younger players and reduces their cap salary to keep them out of the tax.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from texasgreen. Show texasgreen's posts

Imagine.

Boston gets Asik a 26 year old 7-0 center, T. Robinson a 22 year old PF who is 6'-10" and the fifth pick in 2012, and White who is probably a wash. This would get Boston on the fast track to rebuild.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'd be shocked if Houston let Asik go in a trade that wasn't direct for another center.  And Asik is young and the rockets are rebuilding.  Personally, I wouldn't trade him for Dwight straight up unless I was in a win now situation.

Sections
Shortcuts