Florida Exhibition

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Florida Exhibition

Its their way of showing loyalty for the fans. Theyre being so generous as to play for fans without getting paid millions. What a treat theyre giving us. Only wish I could send them a check for the prvilege of watching the highlights on espn.

Imagine how talented they are that theyve incorporated a full court version of HORSE into a basketball game.

With that, us fans should all storm the owners and demand they give in to the players. We can start to OCCUPY all the empty arenas until we get what the players want.

Afterall, we are being deprived of tainted refereeing, team ball thats morphed into 1on1 games, espns claims of the greatest player of all time ringing in our ears, highlights of everything lebron does on the court whether his team wins or loses, outrageous costs to attend a game live, the silencing of criticisms, the NBA lapdog announcing of drone broadcasters, the constant marketing bombardment from the nba/espn drilling fans into how to think and last not not least, Little Lord FauntleStern condescending to the world, turning his back & gigglin how good a puppeteer he is that Vince McMahon would be jealous

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Good one Karl.....I agree with you....personally, I have seen so many NBA games...I wouldn't watch these games if I had a free ticket....I am in it for "team play"....I couldn't care less about these exhibitions....that's why I stopped watching the All Star game for the last twenty some years......also loved the "Little Lord FauntleStern"...that one is a classic my friend!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Its not about who plays offense nor defense nor wins and losses nor teams that place first, second, third.  Its not about playoffs or games that matter.  Its called and exhibition.  It has little purpose but to be fun and that's it.....no redeeming value was meant.  Its something to keep some of the fans involved.  you may not go to the game, but many fans do.  So....let those fans who enjoy it have their moment.   Its not a big deal.  It just keeps some kids and some fans entertained for a short while.

I don't think its a big deal one way or another.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

damfuno - can I ask a question?  If you feel that way about them, why write about them?  Why not just do something else and ignore the NBA?  Why spend time posting and emoting about their IQ?  It must actually be bothering you that they are on strike.

Strikes, my man, are not about customers.  When GM or Chrysler's workers go on strike, its not about the customers who buy cars.  When Verizon's workers go on strike, its not about callers.  When Teamsters go on strike, its not about customers.  Its about owners wanting a good cost structure vs workers wanting to be paid what they think they're worth.   Don't know who's right, but I know the process of negotiation and strike is a fundamental right of Americans.   In the end, they'll settle and we'll have basketball, even if we miss an entire season.   

Chill out and don't let it get to you, my man.   Why attack their IQ?   Its just a game and we'lle ventually get it back. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Florida Exhibition:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Florida Exhibition : Sorry Celts but it is not a "game"  a game is something that people play and don't get paid...........when one gets paid millions of dollars it stops becoming a game........and when someone is getting paid millions of dollars and screams that they need more money because after 3 years of playing the game they will not have enough money to live..........then I have to wonder about their IQ......most of us could live quite nicely on 5+ million dollars..........
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

We'll have to agree to disagree.  Football, Basketball, Hockey, etc, are ALL games, even if the players in the pro leagues get paid and its a business.   

And get your facts straight - the players have not asked for more money.   They have agreed to a pay cut.  The issue is how much of a cut and the structure of the contractual arrangements.  I've also shown you that the FACT is that not everyone makes $5M a year for many years.  Can they survive on it - of course they can.  Do they deserve a certain amount because they are the product - I say yes.  And, if the owners showed discipline by not paying too much to the bums, they could afford to have a profitable business.

I run a business and I don't pay for poor performance.   Perhaps the owners should stop giving stupid contracts to the poor performers and only pay the big contracts to the players that matter.  Its the multiyear contracts to the underachievers that are killing them.  The owners do that to themselves!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Florida Exhibition : We'll have to agree to disagree.  Football, Basketball, Hockey, etc, are ALL games, even if the players in the pro leagues get paid and its a business.    And get your facts straight - the players have not asked for more money.   They have agreed to a pay cut.  The issue is how much of a cut and the structure of the contractual arrangements.  I've also shown you that the FACT is that not everyone makes $5M a year for many years.  Can they survive on it - of course they can.  Do they deserve a certain amount because they are the product - I say yes.  And, if the owners showed discipline by not paying too much to the bums, they could afford to have a profitable business. I run a business and I don't pay for poor performance.   Perhaps the owners should stop giving stupid contracts to the poor performers and only pay the big contracts to the players that matter.  Its the multiyear contracts to the underachievers that are killing them.  The owners do that to themselves!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

This is a sign of no unity.  They should be focused on a deal, not barnstorming around the world.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Please read the article below. Note that the players have agreed to a big pay cut from 57% to 52.5%. But the owners want them to accept even more. I bet if the owners compromise to 51 or 51.5, we could have basketball this year! http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=7149803

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Sorry, damfuno, but yes - many of my employees (not all) enjoy profit sharing. I pay them a bonus when the business does well but when we don't make a profit - they do not get a bonus.  I believe that they should be linked to the success of the business and incented to help the business do well.   

My friend, please ready the article.  The revenue share is real money and the players share of that revenue is down from 57% to 52.5 and that is a pay cut.  In fact, the current proposal (read your own post in the other series you started), the players will take a cut in pay and that happens over time but salaries come DOWN.   They've already agreed to that.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]damfuno - can I ask a question?  If you feel that way about them, why write about them?  Why not just do something else and ignore the NBA?  Why spend time posting and emoting about their IQ?  It must actually be bothering you that they are on strike. Strikes, my man, are not about customers.  When GM or Chrysler's workers go on strike, its not about the customers who buy cars.  When Verizon's workers go on strike, its not about callers.  When Teamsters go on strike, its not about customers.  Its about owners wanting a good cost structure vs workers wanting to be paid what they think they're worth.   Don't know who's right, but I know the process of negotiation and strike is a fundamental right of Americans.   In the end, they'll settle and we'll have basketball, even if we miss an entire season.    Chill out and don't let it get to you, my man.   Why attack their IQ?   Its just a game and we'lle ventually get it back. 
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Not a strike - it's a lockout.  Big difference.