Fly on the Wall!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Fly on the Wall!

In Response to Re: Fly on the Wall!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fly on the Wall! : JT - very good despite age AB - double shoulder surgery, not a scorer or playmaker JG - tweener, good player, heart surgery JS - fat rookie with a bad back, no lift. Had the most shots blocked by any player in summer league. CW - Non scorer, heart surgery, ok rebounder Here's something that we would need to compare for 80 minutes when we play LA: Garnett vs. Howard and Bass vs. Gasol. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by TommyRules[/QUOTE]

So you don't think the Celtics have a good bench.

I guess you don't know much about basketball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

In Response to Fly on the Wall!:
    [QUOTE]I would love to be a fly on the wall during the C's training camp! There are going to be some great match-ups in those G reen against W hite team scrimmages! Green Team: RR, CL, PP, BB, & KG versus White Team: JT, DC (due to AB injury), JG, JS, & CW (or FM or JC) Two match-ups that intrigue me the most:  CL going against DC, and BB going against JS. I think Delonte Christmas may be the surprise of this camp! He appeared to be playing at an NBA ready level in summer league! Going up against CL will be a good measure! BB and JS are similar in size and have similar games. It will be interesting to see who gets the better of who in scrimmage match-ups. These two guys are going to push each other! Competition is a great thing!
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

BCSP,
    Yes, that would be very interesting. And, yes, this bench should produce much, much more than the last season.
    A couple of corrections. It's Dionte Christmas. Also, I suspect Doc'd use KD more than DC.

AK

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Fly on the Wall!": [QUOTE]In Response to Fly on the Wall! : BCSP, Yes, that would be very interesting. And, yes, this bench should produce much, much more than the last season. A couple of corrections. It's Dionte Christmas. Also, I suspect Doc'd use KD more than DC. AK Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE] Thanks for the correction! There will be allot of good basketball / competition in those scrimmages! Is it October 1st yet!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fly on the Wall! : So you don't think the Celtics have a good bench. I guess you don't know much about basketball.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

The Celtics have good players on the bench at the 2, and 3, but it is lacking severely in two of the frontcourt positions and point guard. Counting on Melo and Sullinger to be productive as rookies could be a pretty harsh mistake. Garnett gets into foul trouble, or misses any exended time wih an injury, there isn't a whole there to hold down the fort. Wilcox and Collins are weaknesses, run of the mill end of the bench type guys. The Celtics bench is over-rated around these parts by some. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]Blake, Meeks, Goudelock, Jamison and Hill is a good bench, though, right?  Pau or Kobe gets hurt and you'll be fine, right?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

The difference is, I am not delusional enough to think it is the best bench in the NBA, I know it is not. But Meeks, Jamison, and Hill are pretty nice pieces on the bench. If the Celtic had any one of those three guys on their bench, they would be ecstatic. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Fly on the Wall!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fly on the Wall! : The Celtics have good players on the bench at the 2, and 3, but it is lacking severely in two of the frontcourt positions and point guard. Counting on Melo and Sullinger to be productive as rookies could be a pretty harsh mistake. Garnett gets into foul trouble, or misses any exended time wih an injury, there isn't a whole there to hold down the fort. Wilcox and Collins are weaknesses, run of the mill end of the bench type guys. The Celtics bench is over-rated around these parts by some.  Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE] Per 36-minutes, Wilcox is a 9-rebound & 11-points per game performer! He also compliments RR really well on fast breaks! If JS can rebound and get to the free throw line at the same rate he did in summer league, the C's will be more than fine!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fly on the Wall! : The Celtics have good players on the bench at the 2, and 3, but it is lacking severely in two of the frontcourt positions and point guard. Counting on Melo and Sullinger to be productive as rookies could be a pretty harsh mistake. Garnett gets into foul trouble, or misses any exended time wih an injury, there isn't a whole there to hold down the fort. Wilcox and Collins are weaknesses, run of the mill end of the bench type guys. The Celtics bench is over-rated around these parts by some. 
    Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE]

I didn't say anything about Melo.  Terry, Green, Bradley and Wilcox is a good bench. Sullinger has potential.  I didn't say it was amazing, but it is a good bench.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fly on the Wall! : The difference is, I am not delusional enough to think it is the best bench in the NBA, I know it is not. But Meeks, Jamison, and Hill are pretty nice pieces on the bench. If the Celtic had any one of those three guys on their bench, they would be ecstatic. 

As would the Lakers if they had Bradley, Terry or Green on their bench.

Who said the Celtics bench was the best in the NBA?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Fly on the Wall!": Per 36-minutes, Wilcox is a 9-rebound & 11-points per game performer! He also compliments RR really well on fast breaks! If JS can rebound and get to the free throw line at the same rate he did in summer league, the C's will be more than fine!
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

Wilcox is a bum, and Sullinger is a project that may or may not produce a player that is NBA quality. Big men take time to develop, so counting on them to be anything significant in the rotation as rookies can be dubious. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fly on the Wall! : But Sully only shot 30% in summer league and had his shot blocked more then any other player in summer league. I hope he has a meeting with Jenny Craig or Richard Simmons about his excessive weight... He will be toast by February with all that weight he is carrying on his bad back.

He is going to have find ways to be successful with his size, because dude has quite a bit less than elite athletic ability. Melo will end up being the better player, but he is going to take some time to cultivate his talent. That is my prediction.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fly on the Wall! : But Sully only shot 30% in summer league and had his shot blocked more then any other player in summer league. I hope he has a meeting with Jenny Craig or Richard Simmons about his excessive weight... He will be toast by February with all that weight he is carrying on his bad back.

Yeah he shot 30 percent if you don't count Orlando.  Good rebounding numbers too huh?  9 boards in 27 minutes a game.

Can you give me a link to that thing about him having his shot blocked more than anyone else?

Not that I don't trust a guy who hangs out on the internet all day pretending to be someone he is not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fly on the Wall! : http://www.nba.com/summer-league/2012/players/sl_jared_sullinger/ Yeah he shot 30 percent if you don't count Orlando.  Good rebounding numbers too huh?  9 boards in 27 minutes a game. Can you give me a link to that thing about him having his shot blocked more than anyone else? Not that I don't trust a guy who hangs out on the internet all day pretending to be someone he is not.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha - from HIM?????????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Fly on the Wall!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fly on the Wall! : Wilcox is a bum, and Sullinger is a project that may or may not produce a player that is NBA quality. Big men take time to develop, so counting on them to be anything significant in the rotation as rookies can be dubious.  Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE] Let me help you better understand the definition of the word BUM! http://www.nesn.com/2012/08/dwight-howard-skips-own-youth-basketball-camp-delivers-another-blow-to-his-own-reputation.html

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Fly on the Wall!": Let me help you more clearly define the word BUM! http://www.nesn.com/2012/08/dwight-howard-skips-own-youth-basketball-camp-delivers-another-blow-to-his-own-reputation.html
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

You are mostly not capable of helping yourself, and as far as communicating anything clearly, you just flat out suck. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Fly on the Wall!": Per 36-minutes, Wilcox is a 9-rebound & 11-points per game performer! He also compliments RR really well on fast breaks! If JS can rebound and get to the free throw line at the same rate he did in summer league, the C's will be more than fine!
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

Using a per 36 min split to take the stink off a player is fools gold. He doesn't get 36 minutes because he isn't good enough to be played 36 minutes. Wilcox has had all kinds of situations to be something other than what he firmly established himself to be. This is not a second or third year player that has been stuck in bad situations, unable to prove himself. He is playing at his ceiling, and he is a warm body who might have a few moments of sunlight every season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=wilcoch01&y1=2005&p2=hilljo01&y2=2012

Same age

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=wilcoch01&y1=2012&p2=hilljo01&y2=2012

career

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Fly on the Wall!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fly on the Wall! : You are mostly not capable of helping yourself, and as far as communicating anything clearly, you just flat out suck.  Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE] Based on the amount of venom contained in your response, I am guessing my message was received loud and clear! You don't like being wrong do you Mitch, I mean shonasty? Let's put a positive spin on it, at least we have found something you are good at!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Fly on the Wall!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fly on the Wall! : Using a per 36 min split to take the stink off a player is fools gold. He doesn't get 36 minutes because he isn't good enough to be played 36 minutes. Wilcox has had all kinds of situations to be something other than what he firmly established himself to be. This is not a second or third year player that has been stuck in bad situations, unable to prove himself. He is playing at his ceiling, and he is a warm body who might have a few moments of sunlight every season. Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE] Wow! I struck another nerve! Stats are stats! C. Wilcox played well for the C's last year and DA was glad to get him back! Don't be so bitter, he would not have been a good fit in the Princeton style offense that M. Clown is about to install! Do you want me to call the pharmacy for you to see if the shipment of medical marijuana has arrived! I can tell you are hurting! You been a bit testy as of late!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fly on the Wall! : Using a per 36 min split to take the stink off a player is fools gold. He doesn't get 36 minutes because he isn't good enough to be played 36 minutes. Wilcox has had all kinds of situations to be something other than what he firmly established himself to be. This is not a second or third year player that has been stuck in bad situations, unable to prove himself. He is playing at his ceiling, and he is a warm body who might have a few moments of sunlight every season.

Wilcox has averaged 8 and 5 and 20 minutes a game over his career.  He is a decent back up big. That is what he has  firmly established himself to be.  He started for three years in Seattle and has now settled into a role as a back up.  And he isn't a bad one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Fly on the Wall!": Wow! I struck another nerve! Stats are stats! C. Wilcox played well for the C's last year and DA was glad to get him back! Don't be so bitter, he would not have been a good fit in the Princeton style offense that M. Clown is about to install! Do you want me to call the pharmacy for you to see if the shipment of medical marijuana has arrived! I can tell you are hurting! You been a bit testy as of late!
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

One of these days you will realize just how little I think about the things you say, and then you will realize just how ridiculous you are to think you "struck a nerve."  In reality, you are a powerless, silly little boy, doing your damnest to "frustrate" me, and that just is not in your wheel house. You have a high school intellect on a good day, and babble like an idiot on the rest. And to top it off, you completely lack imagination, repeating the same gibberish over and over.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Fly on the Wall!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fly on the Wall! :   One of these days you will realize just how little I think about the things you say, and then you will realize just how ridiculous you are to think you "struck a nerve."   Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE] I am so relieved! From your laid back tone, I am guessing the local pharmacy finally received that shipment of medical marijuana! Thank goodness! Dont worry about a thing! You go have fun with puff the magic dragon! I am certain M. Clown has everything under control!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Fly on the Wall!": I am so relieved! From your laid back tone, I am guessing the local pharmacy finally received that shipment of medical marijuana! Thank goodness! Dont worry about a thing! You go have fun with puff the magic dragon! I am certain M. Clown has everything under control!
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

I could push your buttons at will if I was as mean spirited as you try to be. You are driven with emotions, like a female, an easy target. Poor Hedley, seething with anger over the game of basketball. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Re: Fly on the Wall!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fly on the Wall! : I could push your buttons at will if I was as mean spirited as you try to be. You are driven with emotions, like a female, an easy target. Poor Hedley, seething with anger over the game of basketball.  Posted by shonasty[/QUOTE] You know, if you keep telling yourself that, I am certain you will eventually believe it! Now get back in thier Doobie! You don't want to miss your turn in the smoke circle!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Fly on the Wall!": You know, if you keep telling yourself that enought, I am certain you will eventually believe it! Now get back in thier Doobie! You don't want to miss your turn in the smoke circle!
    Posted by BCSP[/QUOTE]

You are so unoriginal, and look at your silly little avatar, this stuff, you can't make up.

Sections
Shortcuts