Following up on a theory

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Following up on a theory

With the season about 1/4 over, I decided to test my theory about the Home Team winning about 70% of the time in the NBA.  When I started the theory, I only used the 16 playoff teams from last year.  While some standings may change, I believe we have appoximately the 16 teams right now that will make the playoffs this year. So, let's test it  (IF the season ended today):
    EAST:
    BOS, ORL, MIA, ATL, NYK, CHI, IND, TOR.

The East has an overall homecourt record of 47-23 for 67%

WEST:

SAS, DAL, UTH, LAL, DEN, OKC, NOH, PHO

The West has an overall homecourt record of 65-21 or 78%  (WOW)

Overall, in the NBA so far this year, the Home Team's record is  112-44  or 72%.

The single biggest weapon in pro sports!!

Another reason I want 60 wins this year!!

Go Celtics!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Re: Following up on a theory

Hi Hedley,
    Why don't you take data from the last couple of seasons. Statisticaly much better on one hand, on the other hand I don't think there's much difference from season to season.

AK

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Overall, in the NBA so far this year, the Home Team's record is  112-44  or 72%.

Compare that statistic last year.
    This year Stern added more stupid rules and I wonder how did affect the
    win/loss of the home team.

By just "bratly" looking at the refs, you could get a T's and lose the games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Thanks for the advice, men.

EAST - last year's 8 playoff teams reg season won lost pct was 71 (234-94)

WEST - last year's 8 playoff teams reg season won lost pct was 74 (242-86)

Overall, the 16 teams that made the playoffs had a 476-180 record, good for 72.5%.

Thanks, that was fun!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

sO THERE IS not much changes.

Still the home court advantage......of course it's business. The home team
    spent so much in the expensive popcorns.
    So, they got rewarded.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Re: Following up on a theory:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the advice, men. EAST - last year's 8 playoff teams reg season won lost pct was 71 (234-94) WEST - last year's 8 playoff teams reg season won lost pct was 74 (242-86) Overall, the 16 teams that made the playoffs had a 476-180 record, good for 72.5%. Thanks, that was fun!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Much more relevant is the home record of the 16 playoff teams against each other. What difference is a great home record if you sweep the bad teams and lose to the good teams.

Also of more significance is which of the 16 playoff teams played well on the road.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Following up on a theory:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Following up on a theory : Much more relevant is the home record of the 16 playoff teams against each other. What difference is a great home record if you sweep the bad teams and lose to the good teams. Also of more significance is which of the 16 playoff teams played well on the road.
    Posted by greenkillme[/QUOTE]

I already did the playoffs last year.  Results about the same.  71% wins for the home team.  Don't see how much more relevant I can make it, but go for it if you feel that way!

Sections
Shortcuts