For all Rondo haters!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

For all Rondo haters!

The Rondo haters who live on this BB are never willing to admit Rondo's many attributes one of them is brains.  I just heard Brian Scalabrini interviewed on Comcast Sports Tonight where he said that Rondo is the smartest player he has ever played with.  Stating that he felt that Rondo was beyond Jason Kidd and Derrick Rose in what he can bring to a team.  He said that Rondo in time will be the most elite of point guards.

Rondo haters will point to what does Scal know and that Rondo needs to be able to shoot better but it is easy to note that Kidd was a terrible shooter like Rondo in the first years of his career.  Clearly Rose is a brilliant player talent wise but Rondo is athletically almost as gifted and far beyond Rose as a basketball mind.

Look for Rondo thrive next year and put to rest all the naysayers who demand far inferior substitutes.  Our strongest area of strength is at point guard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Re: For all Rondo haters!

In Response to For all Rondo haters!:
    The Rondo haters who live on this BB are never willing to admit Rondo's many attributes one of them is brains.  I just heard Brian Scalabrini interviewed on Comcast Sports Tonight where he said that Rondo is the smartest player he has ever played with.  Stating that he felt that Rondo was beyond Jason Kidd and Derrick Rose in what he can bring to a team.  He said that Rondo in time will be the most elite of point guards. Rondo haters will point to what does Scal know and that Rondo needs to be able to shoot better but it is easy to note that Kidd was a terrible shooter like Rondo in the first years of his career.  Clearly Rose is a brilliant player talent wise but Rondo is athletically almost as gifted and far beyond Rose as a basketball mind. Look for Rondo thrive next year and put to rest all the naysayers who demand far inferior substitutes.  Our strongest area of strength is at point guard.
    Posted by concord27

What does Scal know?A player with minimal talent staying around as long as he has? I`d say he knows quite a bit.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If he stays healthy I don't think there will be any doubt of that.  I am sure Comcast Sports tonight replays this, I recommend listening.  There was a lot of Celtic talk with Scal talking about how much the Bulls hated Garnett.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrTrippleDouble. Show MrTrippleDouble's posts

THANK YOU! When Rondo was averaging nearly (pretty much) a tripple double during the 09-10 playoffs (when KG was out) i didnt hear anyone complaining. Oo yeah i forgot Rondo also took D. Rose to school in that series. And in the 09-10 Playoffs he was a legit MVP taking out the Cavs himself in that series and he kept us alive througout the Finals until game 7, when there wasnt much else he could do. And this years playoffs he was doing it again until he got injured but he still had the heart to go out there and give it his all.

You guys can keep on saying that we would be better off with Nash, Paul, William and whoever else. But ill take Rondo any day off the week, you can complain all you want about his shots and ft's (which are improving) but you cant complain about the hustle, heart, and basketball iq that he brings to this team.
    TRUE CELTIC FAN RIGHT HERE! Even through the Ups and DOWNS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

The Rondo haters who live on this BB are never willing to admit Rondo's many attributes one of them is brains.  I just heard Brian Scalabrini interviewed on Comcast Sports Tonight where he said that Rondo is the smartest player he has ever played with.  Stating that he felt that Rondo was beyond Jason Kidd and Derrick Rose in what he can bring to a team.  He said that Rondo in time will be the most elite of point guards. Rondo haters will point to what does Scal know and that Rondo needs to be able to shoot better but it is easy to note that Kidd was a terrible shooter like Rondo in the first years of his career.  Clearly Rose is a brilliant player talent wise but Rondo is athletically almost as gifted and far beyond Rose as a basketball mind. Look for Rondo thrive next year and put to rest all the naysayers who demand far inferior substitutes.  Our strongest area of strength is at point guard.
    Posted by concord27

I am quite a Rondo fan.  But I have been forced to conclude that CP3 is a better player.  For all his brilliance, Rondo's inability/unwillingness to shoot hurts the Celts many time.  I will cheer if Danny can trade Rondo for Paul.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Rondo is a great player, but CP3 is better because of his ability to make shots outside the paint.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Posted by concord27

Good thread.  Rondo will one day be mentioned among the greatest point guards of all time.

As Always,

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

CP3 has a knee problem and it is not going to go away.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

concord27, what "knee problem" does Paul have that's not going away?  The guy played 80 games this past season - TWELVE more than Rondo.  Rondo has alot of skills and he's a very smart player.

However, Chris Paul is a better player than Rondo.  Plain and simple.  If Rondo could be a more efficient offensive scorer, he would be a more effective player.  That oftentimes puts too much pressure on KG, PP and Ray.

Rondo rebounds and assists with the best of them but when Ray, KG or PP shots are not falling, Rondo cannot assist.  And since Rondo cannot drop 20 whenever he wants, it becomes a problem.

If KG, PP and Ray knew the PG could "easily" drop 20 any time he wanted AND defenses could not "play off the PG and double them", that would take a whole lot of pressure off them.  It was also open them up for better looks.

I love Rondo's game but I'd take CP3 any day.

He is durable and plays an all around game too.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Rondo is one of the better pass first PGs to come around in a long time.  If DA can continue to surround him with guys that can ran and finish, he will always be among the elite.  It is troublesome that after 5 years in the NBA that he still can't make jumpers consistenly enough so that the opposing team has to defend him as a shooting option.  If he could consistently hit a jumper and his FTs, he would be the best PG in the NBA.  Until then, he is merely upper echelon, which is good enough for this team to win now.    

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jsmith54. Show Jsmith54's posts

Id take rondo on my team any day over CP3.  Who says rondo cant score 20 a night? pertty sure he goes to the hoop at ease almost whenever he wants and he has improved shooting.  Once hes confident in himself he could blossom shooting jumpers from the elbow.  Hes to fast and good with the ball for most players to gaurd him close near the perimeter.  most importantly he wins and makes players around him better. what has cp3 won?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: For all Rondo haters!:
    If he stays healthy I don't think there will be any doubt of that.  I am sure Comcast Sports tonight replays this, I recommend listening.  There was a lot of Celtic talk with Scal talking about how much the Bulls hated Garnett.
    Posted by concord27

I watched a little bit of the program with Scal.  I am not surprised that the Bulls hate KG.  I wouldn't be surprised if many players feel the same way. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo does not have a respected outside shot, and it is a problem when his man guards everybody that tries to go to the middle.  Pointing out a weakness that does not mean you hate the player.  Yes I would like to have a point that can do the things Rondo does and also shoot. Yes I know Rondo is a very good player.  NO, he has not been able to make the difference the last three years.  There are players I would rather have than Ray or Paul or Kevin also but that does not mean I hate them.  I think we have a SHOT next year with the big four and West, Green, and Davis.  But to put your head in the sand and not notice the problems some players have shows a low basketball IQ.  What we HAFT to have is a good big with our money and we don't have much $.  Bird right can be used to resign a good bench that we have.  Rookies will be lucky to contribute much with Doc as our coach, does that mean I hate don, no.  Just means I havse noticed that Doc has problems playing and trusting youth.  We need a face life or a change to maxamize I chances of winning next year and yes I think  getting a point like Williams form the nets could do this for us. Or we could shake up the roster , like start West, Green, Davis, Paul, and a good big we get and bring Rondo, Ray, and KG off the bench.  I guess thinking makes you a hater, such a limited view.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Rondo does not have a respected outside shot, and it is a problem when his man guards everybody that tries to go to the middle.  Pointing out a weakness that does not mean you hate the player.  Yes I would like to have a point that can do the things Rondo does and also shoot. Yes I know Rondo is a very good player.  NO, he has not been able to make the difference the last three years.  There are players I would rather have than Ray or Paul or Kevin also but that does not mean I hate them.  I think we have a SHOT next year with the big four and West, Green, and Davis.  But to put your head in the sand and not notice the problems some players have shows a low basketball IQ.  What we HAFT to have is a good big with our money and we don't have much $.  Bird right can be used to resign a good bench that we have.  Rookies will be lucky to contribute much with Doc as our coach, does that mean I hate don, no.  Just means I havse noticed that Doc has problems playing and trusting youth.  We need a face life or a change to maxamize I chances of winning next year and yes I think  getting a point like Williams form the nets could do this for us. Or we could shake up the roster , like start West, Green, Davis, Paul, and a good big we get and bring Rondo, Ray, and KG off the bench.  I guess thinking makes you a hater, such a limited view.
    Posted by maryngary

If Doc had Blake Griffin last year, think he would have played him?
    This is a gross misrepresentation of the truth.  The truth is Doc will play young players IF THEY CAN PLAY!!  JR Giddens? Gabe Pruitt?  Bill Walker?  PLEASE!!

How about Jefferson, Gomes, Erdan, Baby, Rondo and Perkins!!

Jury is still out on Bradley, but he was clearly not ready last year.  JJJ will play a lot in his first year (notice I didn't say THIS year)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Posted by concord27

I agree, but he still needs to at least hit his free throws.  He may never be an elite outside shooter (he does need to keep the D honest), but there is no excuse for not hitting FT's!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to For all Rondo haters! : I am quite a Rondo fan.  But I have been forced to conclude that CP3 is a better player.  For all his brilliance, Rondo's inability/unwillingness to shoot hurts the Celts many time.  I will cheer if Danny can trade Rondo for Paul.
    Posted by prakash

I agree with you about Chris Paul.  He has always been one of my favorite NBA players and would be better than Rondo.  Although, Rondo is still a very good player, just not on the same level as Chris Paul.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

pete,
    CP3 has bone on bone in one of his knees(I forgot which one).  I heard Stephen A. Smith talking about how there is no way of knowing how long before his knee will give him significant problems and need microsurgery.  He said it could be in a year, five years or ten.  He went on to say that Paul may be a good gamble if you understand that reality.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    Regarding your comment on Rondo not likely to improve as a shooter.  I would point out Jason Kidd.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Fierce, Regarding your comment on Rondo not likely to improve as a shooter.  I would point out Jason Kidd.
    Posted by concord27

Was going to say that ason Kidd was criticized as a non-shooting PG coming out of college and developed into a pretty good one over time.  I say ason because he was said to be lacking a "J". 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Posted by concord27

DA and Doc's reply to this is find one team or GM that wouldn't salivate over the prospect of having KG on their team.  He could play anywhere and bring something pretty good to the system.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Rondo has been in the league 5 years, I don't think he's going to get better shooting the ball from the outside. In today's NBA, where zone defense is allowed, the PG becomes a liability if he can't make the outside shot, 3-pointer or not.Posted by Fiercest34

Fierce.  Rondo's shooting issue is in between his ears.  As Chuck Daly used to say, "In the end, it is a mind game."  If Rondo can overcome this deep seated inhibition of some sort, he can get much better.  I expect that to come with maturity.  When you are younger, the world is a more threatening place, failure is harder to take and a lot of stress is generated by trying to do more with a limited set of familiar skills.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to For all Rondo haters! : I am quite a Rondo fan.  But I have been forced to conclude that CP3 is a better player.  For all his brilliance, Rondo's inability/unwillingness to shoot hurts the Celts many time.  I will cheer if Danny can trade Rondo for Paul.
    Posted by prakash

I agree. One of Rondo's biggest assets is his brain but that's also his biggest handicap as he tends to over think things and gets himself into funks. If he had played after the All-Star break like he did to open the season, the Celts would've had home court advantage against the Heat.

Some will say that it was a nagging injury and the grind of the season that caught up to Rondo. I'll buy that for the Big 3 who are all in their mid-30's but not Rondo. When the Big 3 were out of gas, it should've been Rondo & BBD that carried them until they got their second wind instead of getting moody over losing a buddy.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts