For all Rondo haters!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: For all Rondo haters!

In Response to Re: For all Rondo haters!:
    Rondo has been in the league 5 years, I don't think he's going to get better shooting the ball from the outside. In today's NBA, where zone defense is allowed, the PG becomes a liability if he can't make the outside shot, 3-pointer or not. Last summer Mike Krzyzewski picked Russell Westbrook over Rondo, for Team USA, because Westbrook was the better shooter.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Bingo! Bingo! Bingo!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

pete, CP3 has bone on bone in one of his knees(I forgot which one).  I heard Stephen A. Smith talking about how there is no way of knowing how long before his knee will give him significant problems and need microsurgery.  He said it could be in a year, five years or ten.  He went on to say that Paul may be a good gamble if you understand that reality.
    Posted by concord27

That prognosis was done in March 2010.  Since he played in 80 games and then almost single-handedly kept NO in the playoff series against LA, I don't know when his knee is going to become an issue.

If he plays 80 games for the next 5 seasons like he played THIS past season, I'd take that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Petey,
    What you are saying is you like the risk reward that Stephen A. is warning you off.  I like him to but if he needs a surgery it will be serious.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    I appreciate Deron Williams and Chris Paul and see they are more refined talents than Rondo.  Rondo who we have signed for four more years is a wild card who if he can find his mojo from 2010 may be more valuable than Paul or Williams.  He won't hit many threes but he will outsmart and throw a whole team off its game if he is playing the way he did before the big trade and his injury.

If I am wrong than Ainge will certainly trade him and we will find out how good Rondo is or isn't on another team.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

How can you be so high on a guy that hasnt played a meaningful game in his life without the BIG3? The fact that he cant shoot to save his life 5 years into the NBA should really worry you. Its not only between his ears , but its his whole shot/release , its terrible. LOL You say hes not going to hit many 3's ... when does he ever hit any 3's? In fact when does he ever hit anything? Hes one of the worst ft's shooters in the league. No excuse for that at all. And for all the ability that he does have , he should be a much better on the ball defender , a better defender overall. And comparing him to Chris Paul at this point is almost foolish in my eyes. Compare the talent the two have to work with and its no contest. The ball is in his hands at the start and end of every game his team is in. The same cant be said for Rondo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Start,
    Rondo has played many more meaningful games than Paul and Deron Williams put together.  He can't help who he plays with.  What is your other handle Pud.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to For all Rondo haters!:
    The Rondo haters who live on this BB are never willing to admit Rondo's many attributes one of them is brains.  I just heard Brian Scalabrini interviewed on Comcast Sports Tonight where he said that Rondo is the smartest player he has ever played with.  Stating that he felt that Rondo was beyond Jason Kidd and Derrick Rose in what he can bring to a team.  He said that Rondo in time will be the most elite of point guards. Rondo haters will point to what does Scal know and that Rondo needs to be able to shoot better but it is easy to note that Kidd was a terrible shooter like Rondo in the first years of his career.  Clearly Rose is a brilliant player talent wise but Rondo is athletically almost as gifted and far beyond Rose as a basketball mind. Look for Rondo thrive next year and put to rest all the naysayers who demand far inferior substitutes.  Our strongest area of strength is at point guard.
    Posted by concord27

So someone with a 92 IQ thinks someone with 100 IQ is smart...... what are we saying?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder,
    It is about basketball iq and you know that but you will never agree.   I believe Scal is looking to hook on with the Celtics on some level, but it does not negate the respect he has for Rondo and his basketball intelligence level.  He knows Rondo brings a lot to the table besides physical skills.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Petey, What you are saying is you like the risk reward that Stephen A. is warning you off.  I like him to but if he needs a surgery it will be serious.  
    Posted by concord27

I would take THAT risk.  Right now, Chris Paul will be getting more rest to his knee than he's ever gotten during an offseason.  When you factor that in with the fact that he's coming off of a season in which he played in 80 games, I would take that risk.

At any time, an injury could occur so I would not be too worried about that.  Rondo has been pretty "major" injury free but he, like anyone, can sustain an injury.

I would not put much stock in Stephen A. Smith's prognosis.  Paul played 80 games and will have a nice off season so I think he will be good to go next season (that's the only one I'm concerned with right now).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Petey, I like Chris Paul.  If DA thinks it will help get Dwight Howard here it might just get done.  But Rondo is a player with unique talents and upside of his own.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Rondo hurts the team cause he "CAN"T GO TO THE BASKET AT WILL?" Nearly all his points come from layups ... You sure you're watching the Celtics? Rondo's afraid to go to the free throw line? The guy with a multitude of personalities is psychoanalyzing Rondo .... HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Mployee8

You didn't know Rondo only went to the FT line 1.9 times per game last season?

Seriously dude, your mouth is bigger than your brain.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Not because he wasn't going to the hoop with layups ... beat all the defenders and never got to the line ... Speed Kills and you should heed the message and send Fierce home.
    Posted by Mployee8

How can Rondo go to the hoop in the clutch when his defender is leaving him wide open on the perimeter? Opposing teams are forcing Rondo to shoot from the outside. If you watch Celtic games you should know this. One example was the November game against Dallas which the Celtics lost. Rondo was intentionally left wide open by Jason Kidd on the Celtics last possession.

Not even Rondo's speed could lead the Celtics to a finals victory in 2010. Phil Jackson put Kobe on him and Kobe roamed, left Rondo open in the perimeter. It was like the Celtics were playing 4 on 5.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Rondo has been in the league 5 years, I don't think he's going to get better shooting the ball from the outside. In today's NBA, where zone defense is allowed, the PG becomes a liability if he can't make the outside shot, 3-pointer or not. Last summer Mike Krzyzewski picked Russell Westbrook over Rondo, for Team USA, because Westbrook was the better shooter.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Jason Kidd got better over his career.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

How do you people propose we get CP3 then? And if Rondo is so "bad" in the eyes of many, why would NO trade CP3 for Rondo? Same for Deron Williams, the Nets just gave up a ton to get him and now they are just going to trade him away for a lesser talent?

What are you all smoking up in here? lmfao...

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts